• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No other Path to Unity but God.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, what are you telling me. That the political "lesser" peace is built on sand?

No, it is reflecting this CG

"This unity can never be achieved so long as the counsels which the Pen of the Most High hath revealed are suffered to pass unheeded."

It is saying that no other person, no other group can offer the path to peace, as those will be foundations of sand.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm I understanding this correctly? Unless we follow "God's" plan as taught by the Baha'i Faith, there will be no lasting peace?

The foundations of the Lesser Peace need to be embraced CG, as given by Baha'u'llah.

That does not mean people will embrace Baha'u'llah, but that given path to peace is the only firm foundation for peace.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh my, you have so many questions. Here is another quote...
"Bahá’u’lláh's principal mission in appearing at this time in human history is the realization of the oneness of mankind and the establishment of peace among the nations; therefore, all the forces which are focused on accomplishing these ends are influenced by His Revelation. We know, however, that peace will come in stages. First, there will come the Lesser Peace, when the unity of nations will be achieved, then gradually the Most Great Peace—the spiritual as well as social and political unity of mankind, when the Bahá’í World Commonwealth, operating in strict accordance with the laws and ordinances of the Most Holy Book of the Bahá’í Revelation, will have been established through the efforts of the Bahá’ís.

"As to the Lesser Peace, Shoghi Effendi has explained that this will initially be a political unity arrived at by decision of the governments of various nations; it will not be established by direct action of the Bahá’í community. This does not mean, however, that the Bahá’ís are standing aside and waiting for the Lesser Peace to come before they do something about the peace of mankind. Indeed, by promoting the principles of the Faith, which are indispensable to the maintenance of peace, and by fashioning the instruments of the Bahá’í Administrative Order, which we are told by the beloved Guardian is the pattern for future society, the Bahá’ís are constantly engaged in laying the groundwork for a permanent peace, the Most Great Peace being their ultimate goal.

"The Lesser Peace itself will pass through stages: at the initial stage the governments will act entirely on their own without the conscious involvement of the Faith; later on, in God's good time, the Faith will have a direct influence on it in ways indicated by Shoghi Effendi in his 'The Goal of a New World Order'. In connection with the steps that will lead to this latter stage, the Universal House of Justice will certainly determine what has to be done, in accordance with the guidance in the Writings, such as the passage you quoted from 'Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh', page 89. In the meantime, the Bahá’ís will undoubtedly continue to do all in their power to promote the establishment of peace."

(From a letter written on behalf of the Universal House of Justice, January 31, 1985: Ibid.)​

Now you are finding the bones of it all CG.

Abdul'baha, Shoghi Effendi and the Universal House of Justice have given so much advice on the Lesser Peace that it is a lifetime study in itself.

You can begin to see we are far to.xlose to the events of this age, to be able to fairly judge what effect it is all having on humanity as a whole.

I see the future humanity civilization will look back at our age and wonder why the heck we did not just embrace our unity?

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But that is what I'm talking about. This lesser peace is just the beginning. We're not supposed to worry about the Baha'i Faith and its laws. But eventually, that is what the Baha'is have planned for the world... The Baha'i World Commonwealth. And with "strict" accordance with the laws? Why do Baha'is downplay that? Everything I've read makes it look like the Baha'i Faith and the Baha'i laws will be the religion and the laws for the whole world. Am I right or wrong here?

It is a distant future CG, there is also more Messengers.

It is not the age we live in CG. A Baha'i can live in accordance with the Most Great Peace, but they can not, and do not wish to make others do that if it is not their choice to do so.

The end of this quote CG.

"The All-Knowing Physician hath His finger on the pulse of mankind. He perceiveth the disease, and prescribeth, in His unerring wisdom, the remedy. Every age hath its own problem, and every soul its particular aspiration. The remedy the world needeth in its present-day afflictions can never be the same as that which a subsequent age may require. Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and centre your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements."

(Tabernacle of Unity)

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why are you so worried about that. It is way in the future. Besides, who knows what's best for us? God or us? God knows best. Just look at the history of God's religions. All the good they've brought to the world. We can trust God and his messengers. Like I said... What can go wrong? Hey, it's been great talking with you.

That was a good self conversation CG. Hope you found some solutions.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
That was a good self conversation CG. Hope you found some solutions.

Regards Tony
Looks like I'll have to do it again. Nobody seems to care about this thread. But that's understandable. Who really cares about what Baha'u'llah says has to happen to bring about peace and unity? In fact, was there even another Baha'i that posted? I'll have to go back and check.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Looks like I'll have to do it again. Nobody seems to care about this thread. But that's understandable. Who really cares about what Baha'u'llah says has to happen to bring about peace and unity? In fact, was there even another Baha'i that posted? I'll have to go back and check.

That, unfortunately, is what has been foretold will happen CG. I did answer all your posts to your own self.

I was going to start a post 'What Else Can We Do'?

Basically a thread that said Peace was offered, this is what must be done and ask why people would not want to consider those actions.

But then, why? Who will listen, who will choose the required change?

RF is now mostly toxic replies, have we already tried to do too much, did our pleas come across as selfish?

What can we do CG?

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I did respond to your posts to self.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
That, unfortunately, is what has been foretold will happen CG. I did answer all your posts to your own self.

I was going to start a post 'What Else Can We Do'?

Basically a thread that said Peace was offered, this is what must be done and ask why people would not want to consider those actions.

But then, why? Who will listen, who will choose the required change?

RF is now mostly toxic replies, have we already tried to do too much, did our pleas come across as selfish?

What can we do CG?

Regards Tony
The problem Baha'is are always going to have to face is that these solutions and remedies for the ills of the world came from a man who claims to be sent by God. Then he tells us about God, and often it is different than what other religions say about God. Then he says he is the return of every promised one in every religion. Without even hearing what his plan for peace is, people already have reasons to doubt him and consider him a fake and the Baha'i Faith a false religion. So, I guess turmoil it is.

But isn't that how he said it would be? I could see how after all sorts of calamities, and nobody has any answers, that someone will say, "What about this Baha'u'llah guy and his Baha'i religion?" The Baha'i Faith isn't radical enough. It isn't out there demanding change and demanding to be listen to. So, instead, it is easily ignored.

lukethethird

unknown member
Why would anyone care about what Baha'u'llah says about bringing peace and unity when he failed to bring it about in his lifetime just like Jesus failed, and all the rest. Besides, I have lived my entire life in peace so I don't know what demons you are fighting.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Baha'i Faith isn't radical enough. It isn't out there demanding change and demanding to be listen to. So, instead, it is easily ignored.

That would be against Baha'i Law :D

God has always left the choice of faith to us, and if it requires crisis like the world has rarely seen, then that will be so.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why would anyone care about what Baha'u'llah says about bringing peace and unity when he failed to bring it about in his lifetime just like Jesus failed, and all the rest. Besides, I have lived my entire life in peace so I don't know what demons you are fighting.

Baha'u'llah successfully delivered the Message as ordained by God, thus it was 100% triumphant.

Humanity failed, as they also have in the past.

Count your blessings that peace has been your life, it will not last until the unity of all humanity is embraced.

Regards Tony

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Baha'u'llah successfully delivered the Message as ordained by God, thus it was 100% triumphant.

Count your blessings that peace has been your life, it will not last until the unity of all humanity is embraced.

Regards Tony
Finding peace in this world has become more and more difficult, but for those who has peace within, have to lead by example of what peace within does to us :)

lukethethird

unknown member

Regards Tony
You're just talking airy fairy, head in the clouds stuff, try putting your feet on the ground and face some reality. I don't mind anyone getting high now and again but come Monday morning, it's back to how the real world works.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You're just talking airy fairy, head in the clouds stuff, try putting your feet on the ground and face some reality. I don't mind anyone getting high now and again but come Monday morning, it's back to how the real world works.

Slowly I am learning not to reply to such posts.

Believe it not, they do hasten what we will face.

Regards Tony

lukethethird

unknown member
Slowly I am learning not to reply to such posts.

Believe it not, they do hasten what we will face.

Regards Tony
It's a forum, you don't have to reply but you belong to one religion of many, and it makes no difference what that religion is, they all are about believing whatever you're told to believe and passing it on, regardless of what it is, so much ado about nothing.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As the future unfolds, this has been offered by Baha'u'llah as to where the power of unity eminates from.

"This Revelation is endowed with such a power that it will act as the lodestone for all nations and kindreds of the earth. Should one pause to meditate attentively he would recognize that no place is there, nor can there be, for anyone to flee to." (Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 200)

Regards Tony

lukethethird

unknown member
As the future unfolds, this has been offered by Baha'u'llah as to where the power of unity eminates from.

"This Revelation is endowed with such a power that it will act as the lodestone for all nations and kindreds of the earth. Should one pause to meditate attentively he would recognize that no place is there, nor can there be, for anyone to flee to." (Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 200)

Regards Tony
You can run but you can't hide, just where would we be without our revelations, I just do not know.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You can run but you can't hide, just where would we be without our revelations, I just do not know.
The Baha'i belief is @TransmutingSoul personal belief, nothing wrong in that. He explains how he understand reality through his faith.

You explain your reality through your understanding of reality.

Its just teo different ways to look atcthe same issue.