• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No other Path to Unity but God.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
This CG.

".. Now that ye have refused the Most Great Peace, hold ye fast unto this, the Lesser Peace, that haply ye may in some degree better your own condition and that of your dependents... "

Regards Tony
Okay, we have to come together. The most great peace was rejected, and I think a lot of people will still reject it, because it means submitting to the Baha'i Faith and Baha'u'llah and following their rules... that are supposedly from God. But to get to the lesser peace Baha'is say there is going to be a lot of turmoil. So, God, in a way, is forcing us to accept his plan. Things will get so bad that there is no other choice but to unite. Is that correct or not? And if that is correct, then the next step after the turmoil and uniting under the lesser peace, is for the world to move towards accepting what is needed to establish the greater peace. But that's so far in the future we shouldn't worry about that?

It calls for no less than the reconstruction and the demilitarization of the whole civilized world
Shoghi Effendi had a lot of words there. Let's just talk about these. The "reconstruction" and "demilitarization" of the whole world... What's the plan?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Shoghi Effendi had a lot of words there. Let's just talk about these. The "reconstruction" and "demilitarization" of the whole world... What's the plan?
Again, I had to do an on-line search to get an idea of the Baha'i plan for peace...
Baha’i teachings contain a specific, detailed peace plan that recommends we take very concrete, achievable actions on both an individual and a societal level. For each person, Baha’u’llah taught that some of the necessary elements of a peaceful and harmonious life are:
  • Non-violence and love
  • The independent investigation of reality – each person must set aside superstitious beliefs, traditions and blind imitation of ancestral forms of religion
  • The personal courage to speak out against war and injustice
  • Elimination of prejudices of all kinds
  • An individual commitment to the fundamental unity of all the peoples on the Earth
  • The recognition that belief must be in conformity with science and reason
  • Daily prayer and meditation
  • Commitment to a spiritual path and participation in a spiritual community
  • A consciousness of world citizenship
  • The acceptance of individual responsibility to be a productive member of society, with a useful trade, craft or profession
  • Charitable service to others
  • And kindness and concern for all human beings.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
So, that's your plan?
There's more to the plan...

Universal peace is assured by Baha’u’llah as a fundamental accomplishment of the religion of God—that peace shall prevail among nations, governments and peoples, among religions, races and all conditions of mankind. – Abdu’l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 455.

In order for peace to prevail, Baha’u’llah ordained new spiritual principles and laws for humanity’s benefit:
  • The equality of men and women
  • Elimination of the extremes of wealth and poverty
  • The choice of one universal secondary language, to be adopted and spoken by all
  • The establishment of a world governmental body empowered to prevent and stop conflict and tyranny
  • The establishment of a world tribunal
  • Universal compulsory education
  • And the universal disarmament of the world’s nations.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Elimination of the extremes of wealth and poverty
I feel I'm talking to myself here. How are Baha'is going to make this happen? Or do they expect that all people just listen to what Baha'is tell them and go do it?

• The establishment of a world governmental body empowered to prevent and stop conflict and tyranny
  • Like the United Nations but with more power and authority?

And the universal disarmament of the world’s nations.
I can't even get my redneck neighbor to disarm. He tells me, "When trouble comes, who you gonna call? It's gonna be me and my Ak-47 that's gonna protect your liberal, whimp %$#. So, right now, you can go kiss my %$#. I'm keepin' my guns."

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I feel I'm talking to myself here.
No, I'm listening. And I found another interesting quote...
To Disregard the Bahá’í Solution for Peace is to Build on Foundations of Sand
"… He is firmly convinced that through perseverance and concerted action the cause of Peace will eventually triumph over all the dark forces which threaten the welfare and progress of the world to-day. But such purely human attempts are undoubtedly ineffective unless inspired and guided by the power of faith. Without the assistance of God, as given through the message of Bahá’u’lláh, peace can never be safely and adequately established.

To disregard the Bahá’í solution for world peace is to build on foundations of sand. To accept and apply it is to make peace not a mere dream, or an ideal, but a living reality. This is the point which the Guardian wishes you to develop, to emphasize again and again, and to support by convincing arguments. The Bahá’í peace program is, indeed, not only one way of attaining that goal. It is not even relatively the best. It is, in the last resort, the sole effective instrument for the establishment of the reign of peace in this world.

This attitude does not involve any total repudiation of other solutions offered by various philanthropists. It merely shows their inadequacy compared to the Divine Plan for the unification of the world. We cannot escape the truth that nothing mundane can in the last resort be enduring, unless supported and sustained through the power of God."

(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi, September 25, 1933: Ibid.)​

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
To disregard the Bahá’í solution for world peace is to build on foundations of sand.
So, what are you telling me. That the political "lesser" peace is built on sand?

We cannot escape the truth that nothing mundane can in the last resort be enduring, unless supported and sustained through the power of God."
I'm I understanding this correctly? Unless we follow "God's" plan as taught by the Baha'i Faith, there will be no lasting peace?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I'm I understanding this correctly? Unless we follow "God's" plan as taught by the Baha'i Faith, there will be no lasting peace?
Oh my, you have so many questions. Here is another quote...
"Bahá’u’lláh's principal mission in appearing at this time in human history is the realization of the oneness of mankind and the establishment of peace among the nations; therefore, all the forces which are focused on accomplishing these ends are influenced by His Revelation. We know, however, that peace will come in stages. First, there will come the Lesser Peace, when the unity of nations will be achieved, then gradually the Most Great Peace—the spiritual as well as social and political unity of mankind, when the Bahá’í World Commonwealth, operating in strict accordance with the laws and ordinances of the Most Holy Book of the Bahá’í Revelation, will have been established through the efforts of the Bahá’ís.

"As to the Lesser Peace, Shoghi Effendi has explained that this will initially be a political unity arrived at by decision of the governments of various nations; it will not be established by direct action of the Bahá’í community. This does not mean, however, that the Bahá’ís are standing aside and waiting for the Lesser Peace to come before they do something about the peace of mankind. Indeed, by promoting the principles of the Faith, which are indispensable to the maintenance of peace, and by fashioning the instruments of the Bahá’í Administrative Order, which we are told by the beloved Guardian is the pattern for future society, the Bahá’ís are constantly engaged in laying the groundwork for a permanent peace, the Most Great Peace being their ultimate goal.

"The Lesser Peace itself will pass through stages: at the initial stage the governments will act entirely on their own without the conscious involvement of the Faith; later on, in God's good time, the Faith will have a direct influence on it in ways indicated by Shoghi Effendi in his 'The Goal of a New World Order'. In connection with the steps that will lead to this latter stage, the Universal House of Justice will certainly determine what has to be done, in accordance with the guidance in the Writings, such as the passage you quoted from 'Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh', page 89. In the meantime, the Bahá’ís will undoubtedly continue to do all in their power to promote the establishment of peace."

(From a letter written on behalf of the Universal House of Justice, January 31, 1985: Ibid.)​

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
the Most Great Peace—the spiritual as well as social and political unity of mankind, when the Bahá’í World Commonwealth, operating in strict accordance with the laws and ordinances of the Most Holy Book of the Bahá’í Revelation, will have been established through the efforts of the Bahá’ís.
But that is what I'm talking about. This lesser peace is just the beginning. We're not supposed to worry about the Baha'i Faith and its laws. But eventually, that is what the Baha'is have planned for the world... The Baha'i World Commonwealth. And with "strict" accordance with the laws? Why do Baha'is downplay that? Everything I've read makes it look like the Baha'i Faith and the Baha'i laws will be the religion and the laws for the whole world. Am I right or wrong here?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Everything I've read makes it look like the Baha'i Faith and the Baha'i laws will be the religion and the laws for the whole world. Am I right or wrong here?
Why are you so worried about that. It is way in the future. Besides, who knows what's best for us? God or us? God knows best. Just look at the history of God's religions. All the good they've brought to the world. We can trust God and his messengers. Like I said... What can go wrong? Hey, it's been great talking with you.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Okay, we have to come together. The most great peace was rejected, and I think a lot of people will still reject it, because it means submitting to the Baha'i Faith and Baha'u'llah and following their rules... that are supposedly from God. But to get to the lesser peace Baha'is say there is going to be a lot of turmoil. So, God, in a way, is forcing us to accept his plan. Things will get so bad that there is no other choice but to unite. Is that correct or not? And if that is correct, then the next step after the turmoil and uniting under the lesser peace, is for the world to move towards accepting what is needed to establish the greater peace. But that's so far in the future we shouldn't worry about that?

Shoghi Effendi has given great detail as to what humanity will face because of the rejection of the Most Great Peace and then the tardiness to implement the Lesser Peace.

Abdul'baha travelled before the first world war, 2 years before the war, in 1912, Abdul'baha warned that in 2 years time the war would come, if peace was not initiated. Abdul'baha said in his talks that it was the Battle of Armageddon.

He tried his hardest to offer what was needed to prevent war and initiate the Lesser Peace. High level officials of many Nations knew of Abdul'baha and what was offered for peace.

In all the talks he gave he offered no one needed to change their faith, but they did have to live by the principles of their faith. All those hundreds of talks on peace are available. They were all printed in the press in America and around the world.

So yes, it will will face continued waves of ever increasing crisis, God did not cause this, we have, God's Justice allows it to unfold and at the same time it is God's mercy unto us, as it appears we need crisis to change our ways.

People have to choose their own way CG, God does not force faith on to any person, have we not yet made that clear? Yet people keep posting that baseless remark aimed at division from the only source that can help us, and that is God.

So we can expect the consequences of our unrelenting need of war, to most likely result in a war that ends them all. It was offered in a pilgrims note that we will be able to interpret its arrival from the news, but it will be swift, overnight, thus one could conclude someone will push the button, or a new infernal engine of war will be utilised.

The cities are in danger, the northern hemisphere in the USA may become uninhabitable, Africa may become a country where Americans become refugees.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

The plan is for the Nations to initiate CG. Baha'u'llah gave the foundations, we as a united humanit need to build upon those foundations.

That is why the Baha'i undertake community building activities. To build a foundation others can build upon.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Again, I had to do an on-line search to get an idea of the Baha'i plan for peace...
Baha’i teachings contain a specific, detailed peace plan that recommends we take very concrete, achievable actions on both an individual and a societal level. For each person, Baha’u’llah taught that some of the necessary elements of a peaceful and harmonious life are:
  • Non-violence and love
  • The independent investigation of reality – each person must set aside superstitious beliefs, traditions and blind imitation of ancestral forms of religion
  • The personal courage to speak out against war and injustice
  • Elimination of prejudices of all kinds
  • An individual commitment to the fundamental unity of all the peoples on the Earth
  • The recognition that belief must be in conformity with science and reason
  • Daily prayer and meditation
  • Commitment to a spiritual path and participation in a spiritual community
  • A consciousness of world citizenship
  • The acceptance of individual responsibility to be a productive member of society, with a useful trade, craft or profession
  • Charitable service to others
  • And kindness and concern for all human beings.

These are some of the foundations.

Well done CG. That is the way to it unfolds, each person must become motivated to explore what we need to build the lesser peace and change their own life direction towards that goal.

God moves is toward that peace, one heart at at time until it reaches a critical factor and then all hearts join in.

Many work towards that peace, they have trust in God in many faiths that it will happen.

"When the victory arriveth, every man shall profess himself as believer and shall hasten to the shelter of God’s Faith. Happy are they who in the days of world-encompassing trials have stood fast in the Cause and refused to swerve from its truth."

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, that's your plan? This part here sounds like it involves religion. And I suppose the Baha'i Faith, since it has the most recent message from God would be the preferred religion?

Good plan CG, as to what is the right religion, are they not all God given?

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There's more to the plan...

Universal peace is assured by Baha’u’llah as a fundamental accomplishment of the religion of God—that peace shall prevail among nations, governments and peoples, among religions, races and all conditions of mankind. – Abdu’l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 455.

In order for peace to prevail, Baha’u’llah ordained new spiritual principles and laws for humanity’s benefit:
  • The equality of men and women
  • Elimination of the extremes of wealth and poverty
  • The choice of one universal secondary language, to be adopted and spoken by all
  • Universal compulsory education
  • And the universal disarmament of the world’s nations.

Let's hope the nations can embrace change.

Unfortunately, it may be to late? But at least we can change our own self and become the change, even if we are one amongst the multitude, is that not how the elixer works!

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I feel I'm talking to myself here. How are Baha'is going to make this happen? Or do they expect that all people just listen to what Baha'is tell them and go do it?

We can each only structure our lives to be more giving CG. First the infrastructure needs to be built.

Unfortunately, I do see we may fail here, as materialism runs deeper then we give it credit for, yet there are not enough Baha'i to make that change, so it will need to be implemented in the laws that guide the lesser peace.

This does require National participation as it needs to be structured across all nations.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can't even get my redneck neighbor to disarm. He tells me, "When trouble comes, who you gonna call? It's gonna be me and my Ak-47 that's gonna protect your liberal, whimp %$#. So, right now, you can go kiss my %$#. I'm keepin' my guns."

Australia had those rednecks as well.

It will happen. America has faced the consequences of unbridled access to arms.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, I'm listening. And I found another interesting quote...
To Disregard the Bahá’í Solution for Peace is to Build on Foundations of Sand
"… He is firmly convinced that through perseverance and concerted action the cause of Peace will eventually triumph over all the dark forces which threaten the welfare and progress of the world to-day. But such purely human attempts are undoubtedly ineffective unless inspired and guided by the power of faith. Without the assistance of God, as given through the message of Bahá’u’lláh, peace can never be safely and adequately established.

To disregard the Bahá’í solution for world peace is to build on foundations of sand. To accept and apply it is to make peace not a mere dream, or an ideal, but a living reality. This is the point which the Guardian wishes you to develop, to emphasize again and again, and to support by convincing arguments. The Bahá’í peace program is, indeed, not only one way of attaining that goal. It is not even relatively the best. It is, in the last resort, the sole effective instrument for the establishment of the reign of peace in this world.

This attitude does not involve any total repudiation of other solutions offered by various philanthropists. It merely shows their inadequacy compared to the Divine Plan for the unification of the world. We cannot escape the truth that nothing mundane can in the last resort be enduring, unless supported and sustained through the power of God."

(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi, September 25, 1933: Ibid.)​

That's a great one CG, intone with the OP.

That is why all I can do is keep sharing God's guidance that we are one people on one planet, with One God.

RegardsTony