• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No more freedom of speech in the UK

Crypto2015

You made a limites for freedom of speech "let's go and kill all the Gypsies" , why you don't consider it as freedom of speech too, why you consider it as crime ?

What you wait from people in NY,you come by provoke them by shout " I love Bin Laden" ? if they beat your *** , I believe it's your fault not their.

Who told you that Muhammad (pbuh) make sexual relation , she felt that she abused?

My grandmother married as 13 years old , and my mom married as 15 years old , they don't said they abused btw .

Because in the first case you are not discussing ideas, but simply organizing a crime. For example, if I go to a radio station and say: "Let's meet in the square today at 5 PM and let's kill all the Muslims we can find". This is hate speech. I am not discussing ideas. I am not criticizing anything. My words can't lead to anything constructive. However, if I go to the same radio station and I say: "I believe that Islamic terrorism is the direct consequence of mainstream Islamic beliefs". This is a criticism. I am not inciting anyone to kill Muslims. I am discussing ideas. People cannot and should not be imprisoned because of this kind of things. Also, if I say that Muhammad was a child molester, I am not inciting hatred nor organizing a crime. If Muslims attack me because of it, they are the ones to blame. You are rational human beings that can control yourselves. If a woman is wearing a mini-skirt, men can control themselves. They are not irresistibly compelled to stick their hands underneath that mini-skirt. If I go to NY city and I start shouting "America is the biggest threat to the world today", nobody has the right to kill me for that.

PS: Aisha was nine, not thirteen, when Muhammad deflowered her. Think about a nine-year-old girls that you know and you will understand that the difference is huge.

Last edited:

Crypto2015

But of course they can. Let's say some idiot journalist of some British tabloid newspaper cracks a joke about Muhammad and the terrorists as a revenge plant some bombs in London which kill over a hundred of people. It's a hypothetical scenario but as a prime minister, a deputy or a cop, would you care more about the potential victims or this one idiot journalist's "freedom of speech"? Those anti-racist laws suck but they are necessary in the multi-cultural country. The remedy would be not to accept so many immigrants but it's too late for that. Add to this paranoia after the attacks first in Paris, then in Brussels and you have the police state. The societies which were so open to multi-culturalism now have to suck up the consequences.

That being said, this whole issue seems to be a hoax, the bull**** journalists pulled out of their a**es. I don't negate that the guy was arrested but it was probably something else he wrote or did that got him into legal troubles, not this specific tweet. Take this:

Police would not confirm whether the arrest relates to the tweet which went viral or to other statements on social media posted by the same user.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-35888748

So we don't really know what he was arrested for.

Some British laws and the recent measures taken by Cameron are downright ridiculous but this thing looks like a village rumor. I have several British buddies on Facebook who belong to the nationalist organizations in Britain, take part in rallies and regularly express anti-Muslim sentiments, yet none of them sits in jail.

You are a racist. I will explain why. You believe that Muslims are animals who cannot understand right from wrong. You believe that they should be treated with precaution, as you would treat a tiger, or a dangerous dog. I have news for you: Muslims are not animals. They are rational human beings. They can understand the law and the can behave well if they want to. They commit crimes in non-Muslims countries for the following reasons: (1) people like you justify their actions by applying a whole different set of moral standards to them and (2) according to mainstream Islamic doctrine, non-Muslims are worth less than beasts. If Muslims had done in Saudi Arabia what they did in Cologne, they would have lost their heads for that. That's why a mass rape like that will never happen in Saudi Arabia. They can control themselves perfectly well if they know that they are going to be held accountable for their actions. However, thanks to people like you, they believe that they don't need to abide by the law in non-Muslim countries.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
The question here should be: is there any kind of evidence of this woman's involvement in the battle of Brussels? If not, this does not fall under freedom of speech but hatespeech, defamation and discrimination.

I don't know. He pulled a stunt, but he didn't specifically accuse her of anything. Inferred, but is that enough to warrant defamation or hatespeech charges? No. I don't think it is. It was a dick move, sure. But if we arrested people who were dickish, 90% of the customers I serve each day would be doing at least one stint in the clink.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The police made it quite clear under which act he was charged
"A statement from the Metropolitan police issued in the early hours of Friday morning said Doyle, 46, “has been charged under section 19 of the Public Order Act 1986; publishing or distributing written material which is threatening, abusive or insulting, likely or intended to stir up racial hatred."

That implies he was also handing out such literature.
If he is innocent he can defend himself in court.
We do not have all the pertinent facts of the case. nor are we likely to till the case has been tried.
Freedom of speech is not an absolute right anywhere, even the American constitutions amendments sets limits. It has never been an absolute right anywhere in Europe.
Even private prosecutions under the common laws of Slander and Libel are available in the USA and the UK.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Because in the first case you are not discussing ideas, but simply organizing a crime. For example, if I go to a radio station and say: "Let's meet in the square today at 5 PM and let's kill all the Muslims we can find". This is hate speech. I am not discussing ideas. I am not criticizing anything. My words can't lead to anything constructive. However, if I go to the same radio station and I say: "I believe that Islamic terrorism is the direct consequence of mainstream Islamic beliefs". This is a criticism. I am not inciting anyone to kill Muslims. I am discussing ideas. People cannot and should not be imprisoned because of this kind of things. Also, if I say that Muhammad was a child molester, I am not inciting hatred nor organizing a crime. If Muslims attack me because of it, they are the ones to blame. You are rational human beings that can control yourselves. If a woman is wearing a mini-skirt, men can control themselves. They are not irresistibly compelled to stick their hands underneath that mini-skirt. If I go to NY city and I start shouting "America is the biggest threat to the world today", nobody has the right to kill me for that.

PS: Aisha was nine, not thirteen, when Muhammad deflowered her. Think about a nine-year-old girls that you know and you will understand that the difference is huge.
I can deal with that Aisha was nine , when Muhammad (pbuh) married her , because my grandmother married about 1930 was 13 years old , and my mother married at 15 years old .and birth me at 16 years old.

I agree there is the hate speech and criticism , and there is also provoke speech , which lead to voilence .

one of the main terrorism is factors in Muslim world , is involve of West in Muslim business.
Iraq , and Syria , and Libya , and before Afghanistan ,and supporting racist regime of Israel.agree ?

If you shout " Bin Laden is Hero of 911" in NY , nobody has the right to beat you , or at least told you to stop ?
I meant : when someone using freedom of speech to provoke is not required at all.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
If you shout " Bin Laden is Hero of 911" in NY , nobody has the right to beat you , or at least told you to stop ?
I meant : when someone using freedom of speech to provoke is not required at all.
Of course you have the right to shout this at the top of your lungs, but at the same time, one would have to be prepared for any consequences. It would be like a non-Muslim sneaking into Mecca and starting to rant that Muhammad was a pedophile. Just because we have the right to say what we like doesn't mean that it's always a good idea to act on every impulse.

Useless2015

As far as I know he didn't incite hatred. He didn't say: "Let's go and kill these or that people". He simply asked a Muslim woman to explain why terrorism happens. I actually think that this question must be asked more often.

I'll go with the whole killing millions of muslims thinghy but what do i know right??

Crypto2015

I can deal with that Aisha was nine , when Muhammad (pbuh) married her , because my grandmother married about 1930 was 13 years old , and my mother married at 15 years old .and birth me at 16 years old.

I agree there is the hate speech and criticism , and there is also provoke speech , which lead to voilence .

one of the main terrorism is factors in Muslim world , is involve of West in Muslim business.
Iraq , and Syria , and Libya , and before Afghanistan ,and supporting racist regime of Israel.agree ?

There is a very big difference between a thirteen-year-old girl and a nine-year-old girl. By the way, Muhammad actually married her when she was six years old.

I don't know about other countries, but in the culture in which I grew up being offended does not give you the right to hurt other people. A society in which people are legally entitled to hurt just because you have expressed unpopular ideas is not a free society. It is a dictatorship. Actually, when I was born we were ruled by a dictatorship. We didn't have freedom of speech. That is why I value this right very much. It is very sad to see that in Europe and in the US people don't seem to care that much about freedom of speech. Apparently, they think that freedom of speech must be sacrificed for the sake of peaceful coexistence. I prefer to remember the words of Churchill: "An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
There is a very big difference between a thirteen-year-old girl and a nine-year-old girl. By the way, Muhammad actually married her when she was six years old.

I don't know about other countries, but in the culture in which I grew up being offended does not give you the right to hurt other people. A society in which people are legally entitled to hurt just because you have expressed unpopular ideas is not a free society. It is a dictatorship. Actually, when I was born we were ruled by a dictatorship. We didn't have freedom of speech. That is why I value this right very much. It is very sad to see that in Europe and in the US people don't seem to care that much about freedom of speech. Apparently, they think that freedom of speech must be sacrificed for the sake of peaceful coexistence. I prefer to remember the words of Churchill: "An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
For remove dictatorship , US and West making Muslims living in the hell .

See what happened in Iraq and Syria and Libya ,and world.

Crypto2015

For remove dictatorship , US and West making Muslims living in the hell .

See what happened in Iraq and Syria and Libya ,and world.

Yes. I agree with you on this. Sometimes democracy is good for a nation, but not always. However, I believe that the absence of freedom of speech can only be detrimental to the development of a nation, at least in the long term. Furthermore, a human being that cannot speak his mind is a slave.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
not that difficult If the person was provoked it is self evident.

Were they provoked in this case? No. The tweet itself says the women responded with "nothing to do with me" which hardly indicates provocation.

And that still sidesteps the issue that this is not a racial incident, but a religious one. Thus this case is beyond the remit of being called a 'race crime'.