• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Welcome to RF @Alea iacta est
It will either leave you feeling like this....
computer3.gif

or like this.....
mornincoffee.gif

Let me know if there's bacon in the trifle.....Revoltingest hasn't been to the BA meetings lately.
no.gif

Alea iacta est

Pretend that I wrote something cool.
First of all, thank you for the greetings!

Welcome to the forum alea iacta est. Now your die is cast with this lot.....good luck.

....and no, I don't know Latin. I had to Google translate that. I fully believe that World Religions should be a requirement in every highschool, especially in the USA. However, making it your college major and post-grad focus might just be over the top, eh?
What does one do with that diploma tacked to the wall?

We study world religions in high school in my country. Also, I had a good teacher in it (same teacher as in philosophy). That's why I got interested in it. Living in one of the most secular countries in the world might be a factor.

Most people in this degree become priests or pastors. But they normally just need Master's degree one year (called Magister which is an old degree that pretty much has been replaced by the Master to a major part). Others become high school teachers in religions. A small amount of people become journalists with religion as specialty or become a doctorate/PhD or TheolD.

Greetings Alea iacta est!
Welcome to RF.
Tom

Probably the same as I do with my Education degrees...
(Ie. Not much)

Pretty much.

Welcome to the Forum! :D

Welcome to RF! We can always use a scholar around here!

A scholar? Now you make me blush.

Welcome to RF. I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Welcome to RF

Alea iacta est

Pretend that I wrote something cool.
I took one of my two undergraduate minors in Comparative Religious Studies. But that was 35 years ago. I've forgotten now most of what I learned.

Interesting. My experience with this is it's more common in the US than in Europe. My plan for my dissertation will be within Comparative Religious Studies.

Jumi

A Noahide? There's at least one other Noahide active here(it's not me). :) Welcome!

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Who says that English trifle doesn't have bacon soaked in Grand Marnier in it?

Everyone knows English trifle comes with beef sauteed with peas and onions...

At least Americans who watch too much Friends.

Anyway, welcome to Thunderdome, Alea!

DavidFirth

Hello,

I just discovered this forum, and I wish I had known about this forum long ago. I live in Sweden where I'm a graduate student in Religious Studies. I have studied all world religions and New Age. But my main focus has been about Islam, Christianity and Judaism so far. The main academic fields has been History of Religions and Sociology of Religions, with other fields have received less focus on but at least I know some about it.

Formally I'm a inactive Mormon, but prefer Judaism, which makes me more of a Noachide for practical reasons.

Don't hesitate to ask me if you want to know more about me.

Cheers!

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Hello,

I just discovered this forum, and I wish I had known about this forum long ago. I live in Sweden where I'm a graduate student in Religious Studies. I have studied all world religions and New Age. But my main focus has been about Islam, Christianity and Judaism so far. The main academic fields has been History of Religions and Sociology of Religions, with other fields have received less focus on but at least I know some about it.

Formally I'm a inactive Mormon, but prefer Judaism, which makes me more of a Noachide for practical reasons.

Don't hesitate to ask me if you want to know more about me.

Cheers!
Welcome from me, too. I'm an active Mormon, but as it says under my name, I am "Not your average Mormon." I love your avatar! We have at least that much in common. :D