• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alea iacta est

Pretend that I wrote something cool.
Hello,

I just discovered this forum, and I wish I had known about this forum long ago. I live in Sweden where I'm a graduate student in Religious Studies. I have studied all world religions and New Age. But my main focus has been about Islam, Christianity and Judaism so far. The main academic fields has been History of Religions and Sociology of Religions, with other fields have received less focus on but at least I know some about it.

Formally I'm a inactive Mormon, but prefer Judaism, which makes me more of a Noachide for practical reasons.

Don't hesitate to ask me if you want to know more about me.

Cheers!

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
"Think not, is my eleventh commandment; and sleep when you can, is my twelfth." -- Herman Melville quoted from The Whale or Moby Dick as it is sometimes titled.

That's not advice. I only mentioned it because I thought you'd like it. Your avatar says 'Sleep is my religion'.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Tonite's free snack (freshly stolen from the staff banquet hall) is....
2124245307_a95e4fd62c_b.jpg

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Hello,

I just discovered this forum, and I wish I had known about this forum long ago. I live in Sweden where I'm a graduate student in Religious Studies. I have studied all world religions and New Age. But my main focus has been about Islam, Christianity and Judaism so far. The main academic fields has been History of Religions and Sociology of Religions, with other fields have received less focus on but at least I know some about it.

Formally I'm a inactive Mormon, but prefer Judaism, which makes me more of a Noachide for practical reasons.

Don't hesitate to ask me if you want to know more about me.

Cheers!

Welcome to the site, good debating.

Daemon Sophic

Welcome to the forum alea iacta est. Now your die is cast with this lot.....good luck.

....and no, I don't know Latin. I had to Google translate that. I fully believe that World Religions should be a requirement in every highschool, especially in the USA. However, making it your college major and post-grad focus might just be over the top, eh?
What does one do with that diploma tacked to the wall?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome to the forum alea iacta est. Now your die is cast with this lot.....good luck.

....and no, I don't know Latin. I had to Google translate that. I fully believe that World Religions should be a requirement in every highschool, especially in the USA. However, making it your college major and post-grad focus might just be over the top, eh?
What does one do with that diploma tacked to the wall?

Probably the same as I do with my Education degrees...
(Ie. Not much)