• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Website: mormonsfor8.com

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Do either of you have specific thoughts about such a website?
I think members of a religious sect that frequently makes them a target of hatred, intolerance and ignorance themselves ought to know better. :rainbow1:

Though I'm not the least bit surprised that they don't.

Is that specific enough?

Last edited:

Watchmen

Premium Member
doppelgänger;1305210 said:
I think members of a religious sect that frequently makes them a target of hatred, intolerance and ignorance themselves ought to know better. :rainbow1:

Though I'm not the least bit surprised that they don't.

Is that specific enough?

Ought to know what better? Did you even look at the website?

Polaris

So it's bigoted, intolerant, and hateful for us to promote a definition of marriage that we honestly believe is best for our country? We're hateful and intolerant because we honestly believe that every child deserves a father and a mother and because we believe that any state-sanctioned act that undermines that is potentially harmful to our society?

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
So it's bigoted, intolerant, and hateful for us to promote a definition of marriage that we honestly believe is best for our country?
No, it's bigoted and intolerant to push through laws that take civil rights away from people.

Watchmen

Premium Member
So it's bigoted, intolerant, and hateful for us to promote a definition of marriage that we honestly believe is best for our country? We're hateful and intolerant because we honestly believe that every child deserves a father and a mother and because we believe that any state-sanctioned act that undermines that is potentially harmful to our society?

That's not what this thread is about - did you look at the website?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I find it very worrying.

What do you think the purpose of the website is?
It seems to me that its purpose is to push Mormons into donating to this campaign by not-so-subtly letting them know that their fellow community members will be able to check up on whether they do or don't.

Is it a matter of public record how much each person tithes to the Church? If not, I don't see why they should be calling attention to this material.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
So it's bigoted, intolerant, and hateful for us to promote a definition of marriage that we honestly believe is best for our country?

As Dopp said, it's intolerant and hateful for you to support legislation that denies civil rights to others.

We're hateful and intolerant because we honestly believe that every child deserves a father and a mother and because we believe that any state-sanctioned act that undermines that is potentially harmful to our society?

Is that also why your church is pushing so hard to end state-sanctioned divorces and end adoption to single parents?