• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Website: mormonsfor8.com

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Thus you impose your will against another persons freedom to do what they wish regardless of what you define another persons freedom as. (Your own argument results in intolerance of yourself)

(I completely agree with you in spirit but this is a new argument I have seen creeping up where as we as imperfect humans are making a judgement call that another person is impinging on another persons freedom but that the infraction is only one so far as we percieve it. We being imperfect pathetic carbon life forms can not judge and act on our own or ever as a society without god for to do so is just selfish, imperfect and more often then not immoral)

Despite the fallicious nature of the argument the result is compelling to some I have debated... as the TVOR I thought I would just throw it at you to get your response to garner or to inspire some responses.
A fine philosophical dilemma, Balance. I'd rate this right up there with the "Can God make a rock so big that even He can't move it". :D

In all seriousness, I see this as a specious argument which plays on the question of whether society can legislate morality. The truth is, we cannot legislate morality. We can only legislate the penalties for not following societal rules that are designed to preserve order.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Does this mean we can't be intolerant to pedophilia or bestiality either?

Where does it stop? When you say so? Oh I feel so much safer now that you are our MORAL GUIDE!

Once again some one with ignorant knowledge of homosexuality has to compare it to pedophilia and bestiality. How sick and disgusting .

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Does this mean we can't be intolerant to pedophilia or bestiality either?

Where does it stop? When you say so? Oh I feel so much safer now that you are our MORAL GUIDE!

As Azakel has already pointed out, your intentionally limited view of the world is what allows you to conflate pedophilia or bestiality with homosexuality.

As for your morals, I can only hope that whatever source you look to for guidance would tell you that understanding and compassion are more virtuous than intolerance and bigotry.

Sententia

There should be 50 stars on this flag of equal marriage rights....

flag.gif