• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Website: mormonsfor8.com

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Good for them in being pro-active. One of the things I admire the most about LDS is how they are rarely silent on any issue and they seem to practice what they preach. Now while I happen to not think Prop 8 is bad and I support people's desires to do as they please, I do defend other's rights to speak out on it and to assert their own beliefs. I don't think shouting people down by name calling and slandering them is the best environment for free expression and complete exchange of ideas.

I did find this Fact vs. Fiction site on Prop 8 which did eliminate a lot of things I had been wrongly told about the prop. I had been told churches would lose tax exempt statis for rejecting gays but it appears churches will not have to change. I am against anything that forces the beliefs of others on people. On the surface it looks OK to me.

I'm confused. So, you think that Prop. 8 is OK, but you don't think forcing the beliefs of some onto others is OK? Do you understand what Prop 8 is?

Prop. 8 attempts to change the legal definition of marriage to only be between one man and one woman in a specific effort to disallow same-sex marriages. In other words, it's a blatant attempt by one group to force their belief on everyone else. That is why your statements seem completely contradictory to me.

Last edited:

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I'm confused. So, you think that Prop. 8 is OK, but you don't think forcing the beliefs of some onto others is OK? Do you understand what Prop 8 is?

Prop. 8 attempts to change the legal definition of marriage to only be between one man and one woman in a specific effort to disallow same-sex marriages. In other words, it's a blatent attempt by one group to force their belief on everyone else. That is why your statments seem completely contradictory to me.

Prop 8 is okay, because even though it forces the beliefs of one group onto everyone else, it is a "good" kind of force. Why is it a "good" kind of force, you ask? Simple. It is "good" because it coincides with Noah's views.

Get it?

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger

Prop. 8 attempts to change the legal definition of marriage to only be between one man and one woman in a specific effort to disallow same-sex marriages. In other words, it's a blatant attempt by one group to force their belief on everyone else. That is why your statements seem completely contradictory to me.

My bad. I got confused and thought it was to ALLOW marriage between same sex partners. I don't know how that happened because I just got done reading all about it. DUH!

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Prop 8 is okay, because even though it forces the beliefs of one group onto everyone else, it is a "good" kind of force. Why is it a "good" kind of force, you ask? Simple. It is "good" because it coincides with Noah's views.

Get it?

Please see the above. I have always been for same sex marriage and the expansion of personal freedoms. I tell ya what, no more posting for me in the mornings. I can't get my head out of my butt until noon. LOL!

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
My bad. I got confused and thought it was to ALLOW marriage between same sex partners. I don't know how that happened because I just got done reading all about it. DUH!

I was wondering whether that was the problem. That's why I explained it to make sure. That makes a whole lot more sense.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Here is something interesting I found on this subject. Its from Post Secret.

8.jpg

Last edited:

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Its a site where people write secrets they have on a post card and anonymously send them in. Although it can be fake, but I am not sure why someone would send it in if they didn't do it as I think it is a felony either way.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
If that joke was intentional on Apex' part, it went right over my head. :bonk:

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Its not a joke, sadly. If someone seriously did this then there is voter fraud.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Its a site where people write secrets they have on a post card and anonymously send them in. Although it can be fake, but I am not sure why someone would send it in if they didn't do it as I think it is a felony either way.

:confused: Huh? I'm really confused. You didn't post anything in your previous post. You just said "Here's something..." and then didn't post the something. And I have no idea what the above quote has to do with anything. Maybe you could elaborate please?

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Apex -

I think you might have posted a link, or something like that, but for whatever reason, the placeholder is showing up in your post, but there is nothing in it.

Either that, or I'm just as oblivious to the intention of your message as Mball. And I don't EVER want to be as oblivious as Mball.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Did what, hon?

I think that Apex may have inadvertently linked to an image from a server that doesn't allow hotlinking.

I checked the properties of the broken image link and saw that they're from Blogspot; assuming that this is the blog Apex had in mind, there's a postcard in there from someone who claimed to have steamed open Prop 8 ballots and thrown the "yeses" away.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
If you are correct, Penguin, I must denounce the practice, while applauding the sentiment.

While the act was morally (and legally) wrong, the intention of trying to eliminate the intolerance is to be commended.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I think that Apex may have inadvertently linked to an image from a server that doesn't allow hotlinking.

I checked the properties of the broken image link and saw that they're from Blogspot; assuming that this is the blog Apex had in mind, there's a postcard in there from someone who claimed to have steamed open Prop 8 ballots and thrown the "yeses" away.
Oh, ok. I didn't even see the broken link. Thank you for clearing this up.

If you are correct, Penguin, I must denounce the practice, while applauding the sentiment.

While the act was morally (and legally) wrong, the intention of trying to eliminate the intolerance is to be commended.
Yeah, with you all the way.

While I can't help but sympathize, this is a deplorable method.

I only wish it were possible to track the person down and prosecute them.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I'm not so sure that person threw away the "yeses". It said they "kept" them. That could also mean that they threw away the "nos" and kept the yeses. Either way, it's extremely wrong no matter what the outcome is.