• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Needing to Find a Religion

I believe you're right. I also believe my path found me as a child. With no provocation at all from school, friends, or family, I found my interest in magic. But now that I know what I'm looking for, I just feel a need for a push in the right direction. Druidism, Wicca, and Unitarian Universalism have all been suggested by others closest to me in the past, as well as on here, and I think I'm going to start there.

have you ever considered ISLAM as it is one of the fastest spreading religions ???

Moonstone

inactive
have you ever considered ISLAM as it is one of the fastest spreading religions ???

That's a nice suggestion, but Islam lacks the whole Magic\supernatural aspects that she says she's interested in. Suggestions never hurt though, she should look into every path to find the right one. :D
-Dot

David69

Angel Of The North
First of all: Thanks again to the welcoming committee! It brightened my day to get on here and see all the comments from others. :)

Secondly: It's hard for me to express in words why I need to find a religion. It's more of this nagging gnawing sensation. It's like I have a hole inside me that needs to be filled. A yearning for that sense of community and purpose and belonging that I can't seem to find anywhere else. I know with every fiber of my being that there is some sort of higher power. It may be male, female, or multiple higher powers but I can sense it. I've witnessed many things "magical" and "supernatural" and many things that others would consider miracles. There have been many times in my life that I should have died but didn't. I feel I am here for a purpose and really need the guidance to help me figure out what that purpose is. I also want to give thanks for the guidance already provided to me. I know I can worship whatever on my own but it's just not the same as being surrounded by others of the same faith.

Thank you :)

With every new realisation of the self brings us a step closer to the real you, that essence that brings you here right now and we gain more of our full potential!
Know thyself and thy essence and the God within.
When he comes to you at night, dont be afraid for he is there for you!
Just a thought! ;)

ADD: btw I personally wouldnt recomend Religion as I dont Recognise Religion but I would strongly advise against any group that says... Beleive, Beleive, beleive!!! To me it wiffs of manipulation ;)

David69 aka ghostmaker.

Last edited:

Rev. White

Reverend Jedi Master
I was raised in a strict Baptist church, rebelled from their hatred spewing ways, became a pagan/wiccan, which is a very beautiful way, and eventually received a personal message from Jesus that brought me back to Him, based on His Word, and not the church corrupted Old Testament. My co-workers joke that I'm bound to start my own cult someday, which they call the Church of the Kevinian. :yoda: Whatever. As the Wiccan say, "in it harm none, do what thou wilt". ;)

Evamorgana

hmmm..... that sounds tough. I wouldn't know where to begin either. You should think about what you believe in already. your values and so on. try searching key words.

Satsangi

Hello All,

I'm new here. I'm looking for a religion that fits me. I was raised as a Catholic but have decided that's not the religion for me. I'm very interested in Pagan religions as I believe in magic and the supernatural. I miss the sense of community that religion brings. I appreciate nature and rituals and would be open to any suggestions that anyone has.

Thanks in advance,
Arianna

Welcome to RF. I think you need to ask urself two questions:- (1) Do you want to find a religion only or you want to find God (2) Do you want a religion and/or God that "fits" you or you want God as it is.

Regards,

blackout

Violet.
I'd be happy to answer any questions about Unitarian Universalism for you (bad Vi got the name wrong! :p). If you're looking for community, it's a great one. Also, we're encouraged to figure theology out for ourselves, so if you also come to identify as neopagan, nobody will bat an eye.

I was tired. :p

:D

(what did I say? lol)

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
I would certainly agree with the many others on here. Look at a wide range of religions and find the one that clicks for you.

When I left Christianity, I looked at a variety of religions and it just so happened that I found everything about Judaism enticing. I love everything about Judaism.

If interested, Judaism sort of has a view that is somewhat like:
God>>God gave His will (also known as His law)>>There are Jews and there are Non-Jews>>The law was given to the Jews (and to those who wish to become Jews through conversion), but is meant for all mankind>>The Jews have "613" commandments and the non-Jews have "66" commandments (which are abbreviated by the Seven Laws of Noah)>>Neither Jew or Non-Jew is superior to the other in terms of value in God's eyes. However, the Jew has the distinct purpose of being witnesses to God's presence in the world.

The Seven Laws are:

1. Believe in God
2. Do not blaspheme God
3. Do not murder
4. Do not steal
5. Do not commit sexual immorality
6. Respect Nature
7. Maintain Justice.

There's no magic, but the closest thing to it would be the Kabbalah. Although the Kabbalah is not magic, it does share some of the same fundamental ideas that are found in and are similar to those in magic.

Mr Cheese

why not ignore everyone...and just pick up some of the world's major religious texts

the Gita
The bible
the koran
the dharmapadda
tao te chin
the mabinogion
the corpus hermeticum

etc

and decide for yourself

Forkie

Sir, to you.
Hello All,

I'm new here. I'm looking for a religion that fits me. I was raised as a Catholic but have decided that's not the religion for me. I'm very interested in Pagan religions as I believe in magic and the supernatural. I miss the sense of community that religion brings. I appreciate nature and rituals and would be open to any suggestions that anyone has.

Thanks in advance,
Arianna

It's interesting that you're looking for a "religion" rather than just to learn more about the things you're interested in through study or exploration. What is it about a religion that is different and attracts you, to learning about your interests outside organised religion?

Welcome, by the way!

blackout

Violet.
It's interesting that you're looking for a "religion" rather than just to learn more about the things you're interested in through study or exploration. What is it about a religion that is different and attracts you, to learning about your interests outside organised religion?

Welcome, by the way!

from Arianna's first post...
(note the underline)

Hello All,

Thanks in advance,
Arianna

We each have different needs.
Arianna seems keenly aware of what it is she's after. ;)

Last edited:

Mohammed1

First of all: Thanks again to the welcoming committee! It brightened my day to get on here and see all the comments from others. :)

Secondly: It's hard for me to express in words why I need to find a religion. It's more of this nagging gnawing sensation. It's like I have a hole inside me that needs to be filled. A yearning for that sense of community and purpose and belonging that I can't seem to find anywhere else. I know with every fiber of my being that there is some sort of higher power. It may be male, female, or multiple higher powers but I can sense it. I've witnessed many things "magical" and "supernatural" and many things that others would consider miracles. There have been many times in my life that I should have died but didn't. I feel I am here for a purpose and really need the guidance to help me figure out what that purpose is. I also want to give thanks for the guidance already provided to me. I know I can worship whatever on my own but it's just not the same as being surrounded by others of the same faith.

Welcome Arianna here and good luck.

In my opinion It better not to look what religion fit your hopes, but see what the god need and to follow the valid Holly Book from him.
Magic is forbidden by him as it has harm as we believe and it is reason for the anger of the God. You know that the person in the first life here in a big examination how he/she is patient to follow the God, then he/she will be in his paradise for ever. You can also enjoy your life with the real God followers society. Be sure that if you ask the God with real intention and effort (by studding) to show you the right way he will guide you.
For me personally I believe that Mohammed is Prophet's sealer and Qur'an is the last Holly Book and unchangeable. I don't have any kind of doubt in that by means of strong logics and evidences I found.

Forkie

Sir, to you.
Welcome Arianna here and good luck.

In my opinion It better not to look what religion fit your hopes, but see what the god need and to follow the valid Holly Book from him.
Magic is forbidden by him as it has harm as we believe and it is reason for the anger of the God. You know that the person in the first life here in a big examination how he/she is patient to follow the God, then he/she will be in his paradise for ever. You can also enjoy your life with the real God followers society. Be sure that if you ask the God with real intention and effort (by studding) to show you the right way he will guide you.
For me personally I believe that Mohammed is Prophet's sealer and Qur'an is the last Holly Book and unchangeable. I don't have any kind of doubt in that by means of strong logics and evidences I found.

You're trying to sell a wolf to a shepherd there. These things don't appear to reconcile with Arianna's needs.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
Two points. One, if God has a need, then He is no God. Two, since Islam claims that God has sent many holy books apart from Quran, to consider only the Quran as valid is to invalidate God's earlier works. If any of God's work is invalid, then again He is no God.