• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name one good thing your religion has accomplished

Vee

Premium Member
Please name one GOOD thing your religion has accomplished and feel free to elaborate. I'll start:

Being able to unite people from all sorts of origins and backgrounds in a peaceful and harmonious way, despite the many cultural differences.
I love that, because it proves that coming from different parts of the world, with different languages, habits, skin color, wealth levels, etc, doesn't mean we have to fight or hate each other. It is possible to be loving and caring towards others regardless of all that.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Please name one GOOD thing your religion has accomplished and feel free to elaborate. I'll start:

Being able to unite people from all sorts of origins and backgrounds in a peaceful and harmonious way, despite the many cultural differences.
I love that, because it proves that coming from different parts of the world, with different languages, habits, skin color, wealth levels, etc, doesn't mean we have to fight or hate each other. It is possible to be loving and caring towards others regardless of all that.
My former religion caused me to quit smoking for good.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Buddhism has given many people the ability to be tranquil in mind, and the teaching teaches that to realize enlightenment one will let go of attachments to everything in the physical word and unconditional love and compassion arise.

(to call it my religion sound wrong, it is not mine, nobody owns the dharma )

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My (ex) religion's greatest achievement was driving me away from religion

shmogie

Jesus Christ, who made a way to live the greatest life we could hope for, forever.

Cooky

Veteran Member

Slavery was entirely unknown to Zoroastrianism. For the Zoroastrians, the buying and selling of, or even the collecting of slaves never occured.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Please name one GOOD thing your religion has accomplished and feel free to elaborate.

The realization that "good" (and "bad" alike) is nothing more than a matter of relative perspective.

MikeDwight

Founded the United States. That's always cool. Anglicans->Puritans->Pilgrims->Presbyterians->Kevin Bacon

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Founded the United States. That's always cool. Anglicans->Puritans->Pilgrims->Presbyterians->Kevin Bacon

Kevin Bacon founded the United States. And tore it down by dancing on it.

Talk about your textbook tragedy. :(

MikeDwight

That's right over 4/5ths (1/3rd) of signing the declaration of the independence were Presbyterians. Presbyterians are Reformed like the First Puritan English colony , in which dissolved into Presbyterianism.The Pilgrims left for their own Church instead of Reforming the Church of England. Over 5/6ths (none) of technology today is a Presbyterian invention.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

The Baha'i Faith extends that love not just amongst those who identify as Baha'i but to peoples of all faiths.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The first known settled cities were in Hindu land. Not sure if that's a good thing though. We also invented 0, several areas of medicine, and astrology.

Tolerance has been a tradition throughout history, as we've accepted 'refugees' into India for a very long time.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has the world's biggest women's organization the Relief Society. There are over 16,000,000 members total.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
It gave me a hope for the dead, a purpose to my existence, and a guaranteed future by the one who created everything....it also answered all the questions that no other faith could. I have no regrets.