• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Naked or Not

Which would you choose?

• $00.00 - $1,000

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • $1,000 - $10,000

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • $10,00 - $50,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $50,000 - $100,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100,000 - $500,000

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I'm rich enough that I don't need half a million dollars.

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

JChnsc19

How much money would it take you to appear full-frontal naked in a movie? I guess that would depend on the movie. If I thought it had artistic merit I'd be happy to do it for nothing.

What does nudity have to do with morality
confused.gif
confused-smiley-013.gif

How did the concept of "nakedness" suddenly come to them? How did they decide it was their genitals that were shameful and needed to be hid, and not their knees or noses?
And, of course, how did god's creation become immoral?
How did gods creation become immoral- excellent point.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I'll give you $300,000. ;)

I'll give you a serious answer, but I don't think I can put a number on it...

I have no particular moral issues with nudity. I'm no exactly an exhibitionist, but I'm generally pretty good at pushing through my fears.

So...I'd do the nudity if the role demanded it for the purposes of realism, etc.
I'd also do the role for pure monetary gain, but only if;
1) it wasn't completely gratuitous and without point
2) it wasn't a career limiting move. I could see being paid for full frontal nudity in a crappy production whilst I was a younger actor as exactly that. (Note : not saying it always is, just that I'd have to assess the particulars)

Money itself isn't a massive driver for me now, but 300000 would get rid of my mortgage. That's pretty enticing if all it involves is some embarassment, so I'd lean towards doing it. Just hard to be definitive.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Someone recently resurrected an old thread asking "Can Christians go Naked?" It got me thinking about how inhibited and non-inhibited people can be about their bodies. Sooo,

How much money would it take you to appear full-frontal naked in a movie?
The premise here is that the movie producer is going to give you a choice of ranges, but cautions that if you choose a range he feels is too high you wont get the job.

So, which box would you check?

$00.00 - $1,000

$1,000 - $10,000

$10,00 - $50,000

$50,000 - $100,000

$100,000 - $500,000

I'm rich enough that I don't need half a million dollars.

After very careful consideration, I've decided that I would feature in a movie involving scenes of total stark nakedness....... for nothing extra, just the pay for acting the part.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Someone recently resurrected an old thread asking "Can Christians go Naked?" It got me thinking about how inhibited and non-inhibited people can be about their bodies. Sooo,

How much money would it take you to appear full-frontal naked in a movie?
The premise here is that the movie producer is going to give you a choice of ranges, but cautions that if you choose a range he feels is too high you wont get the job.

So, which box would you check?

$00.00 - $1,000

$1,000 - $10,000

$10,00 - $50,000

$50,000 - $100,000

$100,000 - $500,000

I'm rich enough that I don't need half a million dollars.

do I get to wear my ninja mask?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I know enough to realize that being in a movie is real work.
It would take at least 4 figures to get my attention.
But the naked part wouldn't much enter into it. I do that (off screen) for free all the time.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
At first, I thought this was about whether Skwim should post naked or not.
(I'd vote <note>.)
I voted to stay clothed in my movie career.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I personally don't even like seeing myself naked let alone having someone else see me nude...No thanks.

GoodbyeDave

And under very specific circumstances maybe it is OK to steal or kill.
You claim nakedness is immoral because of a passage in the Bible. But if you believe in the Bible, then you must believe it's OK to kill: the book's full of murders (Holofernes, Jezebel) and massacres (Jericho, Gibeon).

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
With the question being whether and at what level of payment would I be naked...

For the economists out there...There is not necessarily any meeting between the actual supply (I am willing to supply at a certain price, that is, $500,000 (although I might allow myself to be negotiated down a bit, but this is my starting price)...and demand for my services will I'm sure be at a price of $0 or very close to it...therefore it is highly doubtful that there would be a meeting of supply and demand...

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe it depends on the situation. In your own home it is fine. Doing it in public or in movies could be different. Goes back to what I said first. People have lost their sense of decency and morality. Anything goes. Do whatever you want. Who cares if their is a God or if He has standards of behavior. If nudity is OK then maybe stealing and killing are also OK. One thing leads to another and soon there are no moral standards.

Being naked in public usually involves being rude. It is only 'immoral' to the extent that rudeness is, although in most public situations it is considered *very* rude.

On the other hand, in a movie, it is not a matter of rudeness, especially if people are informed ahead of time that nudity may occur (like in a rating system). In that case, i see no issue with being nude.

Being nude is *completely* different than stealing or killing, which hurt people either by depriving them of property or of their life. Being naked at *most* offends their notion of decorum. In other words, it is rude, not immoral, especially to the degree that theft or murder are. In fact, I find it a bit offensive to have nudity included in that list. It seems to trivialize theft and murder.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I personally don't even like seeing myself naked let alone having someone else see me nude...No thanks.
I find this unfortunate.

I understand that you are unusual. But that doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with you, much less that you're ugly or something.

Seriously, you would be surprised by how inclusive and supportive nudists are, as a group. The vast majority of us just don't care about your bits, but would recognize someone who could use a hug and a kind word.
Tom

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
And under very specific circumstances maybe it is OK to steal or kill.
Yes, under very specific circumstances, I think both might be true. For example, suppose you were trapped in a flooded New Orleans with a diabetic daughter and desperately needed insulin. Sorry, the druggist escaped, so the store is closed. I think, in this circumstance, theft might be the only option.

Consider that you see someone trying to drown a child, though he doesn't see you, and you are too far away possibly to stop him in time. But you are armed with a gun and are an excellent shot. I wonder if this might not be the appropriate time to shoot him? Hopefully, just to wound him and save the child, but if he dies, well...

Liu

thank you for your response...I don't find myself ugly...I just have real bad gender dysphoria
Oh I can quite relate.

If you had asked me this thread's question before I got my mastectomy, my answer would have been different.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
thank you for your response...I don't find myself ugly...I just have real bad gender dysphoria
I can't say that I understand that.
I am very male and I've always been fine with being so.

What I was trying to get at was that nudists (I prefer naturists) tend to be more welcoming than any other big group that I know about. We have seen everything in the way of bits, they just don't matter to people like us. Once you've seen a thousand, you've seen them all.

What I felt bad about is that you seem to think that you aren't fully human and important because your bits don't match the norm. You don't even want to see yourself.

There is less wrong with you than there is with the people who made you feel that way. Those are the people I have a problem with.

And I learned how to be judgemental from conservative Catholics. I am really good at it.
There's nothing wrong with you.
There is with the people who made you feel the way you do about your body.
Tom