• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Naked or Not

Which would you choose?

• $00.00 - $1,000

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • $1,000 - $10,000

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • $10,00 - $50,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $50,000 - $100,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100,000 - $500,000

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I'm rich enough that I don't need half a million dollars.

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I can't say that I understand that.
I am very male and I've always been fine with being so.

What I was trying to get at was that nudists (I prefer naturists) tend to be more welcoming than any other big group that I know about. We have seen everything in the way of bits, they just don't matter to people like us. Once you've seen a thousand, you've seen them all.

What I felt bad about is that you seem to think that you aren't fully human and important because your bits don't match the norm. You don't even want to see yourself.

There is less wrong with you than there is with the people who made you feel that way. Those are the people I have a problem with.

And I learned how to be judgemental from conservative Catholics. I am really good at it.
There's nothing wrong with you.
There is with the people who made you feel the way you do about your body.
Tom
I think you just made my day...thank you...

lostwanderingsoul

I thought we were talking about nudity. Nudity is a very different subject matter than morality, and does not really connect very directly to it, either.
Some people think nudity in public or for entertainment purposes is immoral. And that is the problem with society today. People have no sense of morality or what is right or wrong.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Some people think nudity in public or for entertainment purposes is immoral. And that is the problem with society today. People have no sense of morality or what is right or wrong.

i disagree. I think people *do* have a sense of right and wrong. They just disagree with your assessment of those concepts.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
People whose religious beliefs teach that there is a higher authority may believe certain things are immoral.
I asked why it is immoral. On what basis is nudity immoral?

Since most people today do not believe in God or any other higher authority they do not have any understanding of morality.

I disagree. Morality has to do with how people interact with other people. Are they caring and helpful or hating and disruptive? Do they tear down or build up others?

Morality does not have to be based on a belief in a deity. It can be based on compassion and an understanding of others.

In particular, nudity harms nobody. So it has no *moral* aspect to it at all.

Perhaps it is those saying morality comes from God that are the ones who fail to understand morality?

Last edited:

lostwanderingsoul

i disagree. I think people *do* have a sense of right and wrong. They just disagree with your assessment of those concepts.
Of course. The person who commits a robbery has no idea he is do ing something wrong. He is just doing what it takes to get some cash. Very few people do something they think is wrong. But their idea of right or wrong just does not agree with what is needed in a moral society.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course. The person who commits a robbery has no idea he is do ing something wrong. He is just doing what it takes to get some cash. Very few people do something they think is wrong. But their idea of right or wrong just does not agree with what is needed in a moral society.

OK, I disagree with your example. The thief *knows* they are doing something wrong, but decide they don't care. It isn't that they have a different notion of right and wrong. it's that they don't care if the actions they take are wrong or not.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
People whose religious beliefs teach that there is a higher authority may believe certain things are immoral. Since most people today do not believe in God or any other higher authority they do not have any understanding of morality.

Morality based on reason and compassion is vastly superior to morality based on "god said so (according to ancient goat herders)."

Nudity isn't immoral.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Some grow up never having it to loose. In any case, I take it you feel nakedness is immoral merely because A&E realized they were naked. So, just how does immorality insert itself into the picture? Where does it say they covered themselves with leaves because they realized it was immoral to be naked?

Do you think incest is okey dokey because A&E's kids committed it, and their act was never said to be a sin? Do you refuse to wear clothing made of different materials?

Not that I see it makes any difference, but you're right, I don't.

If I were somewhat younger, I'd freely display my survival skills on the Discovery Channel's show Naked and Afraid, but my frontal nudity would be censored so that no men would become jealous of my well-endowed body.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Well I certainly hope I don't see you running naked in the street.

Again, it isn't a matter of morality, but of politeness and, perhaps, legalities.

Would you judge someone to be immoral whose house caught fire while they were in the shower so they had to leave their house without clothes? I doubt anyone with a heart would judge them so.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And under very specific circumstances maybe it is OK to steal or kill.
Like stealing bread to feed my sister's starving children? ;)
After very careful consideration, I've decided that I would feature in a movie involving scenes of total stark nakedness....... for nothing extra, just the pay for acting the part.
I've walked around naked in public plenty of times. No apparent harm done, and I pulled through unscathed.
More an issue of situational propriety than morality, IMHO.
A movie might be a hoot.:)