• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"My Son is Gay"

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Halcyon said:
I wouldn't say those were Christian values, Christ was loving and accepting. This woman was under Satanic influence if anything.

I agree with you. However, it's a shame that her son didn't see it that way.

I'm only guessing here: I can only imagine that if I were in his shoes, I'd be so riddled with guilt that I know that I'd be going to hell anyway no matter what I'd do. I might not "act out" on my orientation, but I'd certainly yearn for union with someone of the same sex. That would eat at my mind constantly, resulting in a never-ending state of suffering. Therefore, why delay the inevitable destination of hell? Living under that stress would double the mental and emotional torture.

Peace,
Mystic

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
MysticSang'ha said:
I agree with you. However, it's a shame that her son didn't see it that way.

I'm only guessing here: I can only imagine that if I were in his shoes, I'd be so riddled with guilt that I know that I'd be going to hell anyway no matter what I'd do. I might not "act out" on my orientation, but I'd certainly yearn for union with someone of the same sex. That would eat at my mind constantly, resulting in a never-ending state of suffering. Therefore, why delay the inevitable destination of hell? Living under that stress would double the mental and emotional torture.

Peace,
Mystic
Although some Christians believe suicides go to hell anyway, so he was in a lose/lose situation.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Sites like that make my physically ill. I guess Jesus's message of unconditional love was lost after he died.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Halcyon said:
I wouldn't say those were Christian values, Christ was loving and accepting. This woman was under Satanic influence if anything.

Truly! Christ (quoting Hillel), said we were to love God with all our heart, and our neighbors as ourselves.

I never saw the asterisk with the footnote that said *unless our neighbor is gay. :sarcastic

Christianity is not the only religion that doesn't find the practice of homosexuality acceptable. (Frankly, that's my first question I'd like to ask God in the next life...what's the big deal? The Earth is hardly underpopulated...)

But as a parent, if my child came and told me they were gay, I would hope to be a support as they find a way to deal with the reality of themselves, and not be an added burden.

It would probably be easier for me, though. I'm not surrounded with people who poison me against those who are GLBT.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I talked it over with his therapist, who had the ludicrous idea that homosexuality was unchangable and that trying to repress could lead to lots of psychological damage (I've dropped him and will try to be finding another therapist with more moral beliefs). I wouldnt be surprised if he's the one who's feeding my son all the homosexual propaganda about how its 'ok' to be gay. That, or how homosexuality has engulfed the media, making it seem 'cool' and 'hip' and how they were just another oppressed minority. You didnt have to worry about seeing two men making out on tv at my age! I dont want to sound like a fanatic, but Im worried what other effects will come out of this increasingly secular, immoral society obsessed with filth.
Am I too late? Or is it possible to save my son?

That is the saddest thing of all - the therapist, who has the boy's best interests at heart, who has the wisdom to know.............

Then to say it is "cool" or "hip".......

I'm at a loss of what to say............:(

Booko

Deviled Hen
Halcyon said:
Although some Christians believe suicides go to hell anyway, so he was in a lose/lose situation.

True enough, but in the midst of serious depression, logic goes out the window.

I'm really quite glad the only guns we had in the house a couple of years ago were inoperable, and that I had kids.

Trey of Diamonds

When considering the religious views on homosexuality, I find it has a lot to do with people in power wishing to exert control over their fellow man. It must be one of the most power feelings, to exert control over the pleasure and happiness of another. The bible itself has very few references to homosexuality, especially if you compare those references to other so called crimes, like adultery or stealing sheep. So if the bible doesn’t actually reference it all that much then the reason it is considered a big deal must come from a more mundane source.

http://www.worldpolicy.org/globalrights/sexorient/bible-gay.html
http://www.bridges-across.org/ba/wink.htm

I also think the practice of circumcision, male and female, was invented for the sole purpose of reducing the sexual pleasure for both sexes in order to make them more controllable by the religious leaders of the time.

http://www.cirp.org/

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
MysticSang'ha said:
There is a huge difference between freedom of religion and freedom from religion. I've heard that said before in Christian circles, and it's an expression I fully agree with.

I find this a really interesting and somewhat confusing statement so I have started another thread.

bholly72

MysticSang'ha said:
There is a huge difference between freedom of religion and freedom from religion. I've heard that said before in Christian circles, and it's an expression I fully agree with.

In other words, those who do not have religion will be forced to. What a sanctified mission. - Brian

Anon411647

Hey, remember that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

To be honest, I feel sorry for both of them - the kid needed guidance and his mother was some sort of right-wing religious zealot. Now through her dogma he's dead and she has to live with the consequences of her actions.

What compounds this is that she doubtlessly blames society and media and has no idea of her role in his death.

Smoke

Done here.
What compounds this is that she doubtlessly blames society and media and has no idea of her role in his death.
Actually, she posted, after it was too late, that maybe she should have done things differently. The mother is a victim here, too. She trusted people she shouldn't have trusted, and she has to live with that.

Yeah because religion free comminist countries have such a good life style don't they, no evil amonst them.:rolleyes:

Atheist dictators are atheists for the wrong reasons. They impose atheism upon the whole population because they know religion would be held to a higher standard than any dictatorship government. Their hold over their people would be gone since their religious beliefs would cause them to rise up.

They weren't even necessarily atheists to begin with, but just needed a means of gaining a better control over the people than religion.

Anti-World

Fantastic mother. Absolutely wonderful.
How to change a son that is wondering into Psychosis? That's a difficult one, but it's something he, himself, has to decide to do. If she tries to force Anti-Gay rhetoric down the boys throat, he could, definately, have some psychological trauma. As a mother, she should be patient and accepting of him. She should also try to find a therapist to do psychotherapy to reduce the boys homosexual desires.
It is *not* impossible to fix this problem if the mother and the boy both accept treatment and want change to occur.

Keep the following in mind:

"Even before reaching puberty , a child who later becomes homosexual shows characterological traits of being differently constituted than other children, who when grown up will have heterosexual feelings: that is, a girlish appearance in the boy and a boyish appearance in the girl."
(Hirschfeld)

"Even if at first they entered the homosexual coteries with reluctance and purely as a defense against outside pressures, so many of them have perforce had to make this adjustment that to expect them to abandon their whole way of life at this stage of their careers would be demanding the impossible."
(Westood)

"The homosexual does derive sex satisfaction from relation with males; he can easily get sex partners; he is prejudiced in favor of males; and he often has built an entire life around his homosexuality. Under the circumstances, he is just as likely to want to change his pattern of living and to become exclusively heterosexual as the successful criminal is to want to get a relatively low paying job and to work honestly for the rest of his life."
(Albert Eillis)

"... I have seen several cases in which men and women in their thirties and forties simply forced themselves to forego all homosexual contacts and propelled themselves into heterosexual relations, and within a year or two of so doing, these individuals had become largely or exclusively heterosexual in their desires and activities. I have even seen one instance in which a male homosexual and a lesbian deliberately married each other for reasons of convenience, but when they began experimenting sexually... they eventually learned to like heterosexual more than homosexual rlations."
(Albert Ellis)

"... actual case studies and statistical reports on homosexuals who have been successfully treated in individual treatment and by group therapy methods have been reported in the scientific literature by a great number of therapists."
(Albert Ellis)

Albert Ellis Advances in Sex Research, Vol. 1. (Oct., 1963), pp. 161-186. | Westwood, G.: A minority. New York, Longmans, 1960 | Hirschfeld, M.: "Homosexuality," in Encyclopedia Sexualis, ed. by Robinson, V, New york, Dingwall-Rock, 1936.

Trey of Diamonds

Um... am i the only one wh odesent know whats going on.

Very old thread about a very narrow minded woman who wanted folks to support her homophobic feelings and instead she found the people here are, for the most part, tolerant peace loving individuals who support a persons right to live in the loving relationship of their choice and call it marriage if they wish. Not sure why the thread keeps poping up every now and then. Probably because of the catchy title. :sarcastic