• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"My Son is Gay"

mudge991

I think it's a government plot to control population without making a law to prohibit single moms having 5 kids before their 25.....because welfare and child support is a 9 billion a year business.

Gaddock

If this mother is really worried about her son she needs to worry about driving him to suicide or at least into the hardships of life without the support of a family when he is driven to leave them behind.

What a silly woman. Her therapist is absolutely right and she is absolutely wrong.

Gaddock

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
... Boston University psychiatrist Richard Pillard and Northwestern University psychologist J. Michael Bailey announced the results of their study of male twins. They found that, in identical twins, if one twin was gay, the other had about a 50 percent chance of also being gay. For fraternal twins, the rate was about 20 percent. Because identical twins share their entire genetic makeup while fraternal twins share about half, genes were believed to explain the difference. Most reputable studies find the rate of homosexuality in the general population to be 2 to 4 percent, rather than the popular "1 in 10" estimate.

In 1993 came the biggest news: Dean Hamer's discovery of the "gay gene." In fact, Hamer, a Harvard-trained researcher at the National Cancer Institute, hadn't quite put it that boldly or imprecisely. He found that gay brothers shared a specific region of the X chromosome, called Xq28, at a higher rate than gay men shared with their straight brothers. Hamer and others suggested this finding would eventually transform our understanding of sexual orientation...In June, scientists in Vienna announced that they had isolated a master genetic switch for sexual orientation in the fruit fly. Once they flicked the switch, the genetically altered female flies rebuffed overtures from males and instead attempted to mate with other females, adopting the elaborate courting dance and mating songs that males use...
"Exposure to male hormones in utero dramatically raises the chances of being sexually attracted to females," Reiner says. "We can infer that the absence of male hormone exposure may have something to do with attraction to males...Homosexuality runs in families - studies show that 8 to 12 percent of brothers of gay men are also gay, compared with the 2 to 4 percent of the general population.

To Mudge, a new book that summarizes the research: "Born Gay"

Wilson and Rahman show that attempts to find a sociological cause for homosexuality have little foundation and argue that popular efforts to blame parents or teachers for a child’s homosexuality are futile and unjust.
(summary from Boston Globe magazine)

Hoopking987

Just out of curiosity, why do religious people (Christians in particular) feel that they have the right to tell people how to live their lives? If someone wants to be gay than let them be gay. Thats how I see it.

DarkSun

:eltiT
It was too late to save her son the moment he was born with her as a mother.

This is what I mean when I talk about religion being dangerous.

The only good thing about the whole deal is that Bobby is rejecting her beliefs right off the bat.

He`ll be ok as soon as he gets away from her, until then he just has to be strong.

He committed suicide.

Edit:

I can remember reading this from somewhere else on the net. I don't no for sure whether he did, that's just what was said on that page. Sorry....