• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"My Son is Gay"

lousyskater

i feel sorry for this kid for having to live with a mother like his. i just hope he can stay sane throughout the time he has to live with her.

robtex

Veteran Member
lousyskater said:
i feel sorry for this kid for having to live with a mother like his. i just hope he can stay sane throughout the time he has to live with her.

the boy committed sucide go to post 49 page 5

Firecat89

Noo... No. That is SICK I can't believe he had a mother that wasn't there when he needed her!!! Things like this make me lose hope for homophobes... I wish... I wish I could have had a chance to talk to him... To do SOMETHING... WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL WITH SEXUALITY ANYHOW?! I mean... It is part of who you are but it is not ALL of who you are. I don't go around saying "You're straight? Hah! You must be an *******!" No. I go, "I don't understand you, but to each his or her own. Leave me alone about my choice and I'll leave you alone about yours."

URGH I am so mad at his mother...

linwood

I hadn`t been to this thread in awhile because I really can`t handle the fundies but I noticed someone posted to it today and popped in for a look.

the boy killed himself. i feel a mix of anger and sadness. after that post i sent her a PM to tell her its not her fault and did my best to console her.
This sickens me..literally sickens me.

You did the right thing in consoling her Gerani but I have to say if her story is true much of the blame does lie on her shoulders.
Do you think he would have had a better chance at life if he had a mother who had the capacity for acceptance?
A mother who would support him in a situation that was so obviously out of his control?
Do you think he killed himself because he was gay or because of the way he was made to feel because he`s gay?
His mother holds most of the guilt for making him feel he was worthless and wrong.
She could have and should have been his strength, instead she was poison.
Some people shouldn`t breed.

oh Lord. when will this madness cease?
It will cease when religion is dead, not a minute before.

I again want to thank you for being a voice of reason and concern in what looks to me to be a pit of hatred and despair.

You are a far more tolerant person than I ever have been but I have learned alot from you during this episode.

Thanks

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Gerani1248 said:
i believe in reincarnation. i hope that son will be free from those kind of parents in his next life if he is born a human.
IF? I thought that in Hinduism once you made it to human, you could not be anything other than human. :confused:

Doc

Space Chief
Equality and Acceptance is what I always strive for! Look what this inequality and unacceptance has done! We cannot deny who people really are. It should be embraced and not shunned! Even if it really does go against my faith! How does it hurt anyone! Sickening! SEGREGATION! If you replace HETEROS with WHITES and HOMOS with BLACKS! Well there is no difference is there than the stupidity we went through for a couple hundred years with slavery! When do we stop accepting these dead "traditional beliefs" and modernize ourselves a little bit! To think I once found it repulsive, I feel so guilty now! It is starting to really get to me! I feel like I am becoming an activist! I have been snapping at everyone against it that I talk to around me!

Sola*5

Yeah because religion free comminist countries have such a good life style don't they, no evil amonst them.:rolleyes:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
There is a huge difference between freedom of religion and freedom from religion. I've heard that said before in Christian circles, and it's an expression I fully agree with.

As far as the OP, how terrible. :( May her son be purified of his karma from his enormous suffering in this past life and find more fortune in his next. :flower:

Peace,
Mystic

Trey of Diamonds

Wow! two perfect examples of the extremes that are the source of the worlds problems. I believe that extremism in any form is the true Evil and should be avoid at all cost. I just hope Bobby has the strength and courage to survive until he can break free and be his own self.

Just recently my son Bobby came out to me. I had been worried for awhile. His teachers said most of his grades were slipping and he seemed depressed and withdrawn.

Bobby said he'd been hiding it for awhile because he was afraid I would reject him. I sat him down and told him that I loved him and that God loved him, but that his salvation was in danger if he did not resist his unnatural tempations. I told him how being gay would mean he would live a shorter life, and that if he couldnt change his orientation he could be celibate like most the ex-gays are. He started crying saying something along the lines of "I knew you wouldnt understand! You're just like everyone else!" before running to his room and slamming the door.

What did I do wrong? I dont want to lose my son, but I fear I already have. I talked it over with his therapist, who had the ludicrous idea that homosexuality was unchangable and that trying to repress could lead to lots of psychological damage (I've dropped him and will try to be finding another therapist with more moral beliefs). I wouldnt be surprised if he's the one who's feeding my son all the homosexual propaganda about how its 'ok' to be gay. That, or how homosexuality has engulfed the media, making it seem 'cool' and 'hip' and how they were just another oppressed minority. You didnt have to worry about seeing two men making out on tv at my age! I dont want to sound like a fanatic, but Im worried what other effects will come out of this increasingly secular, immoral society obsessed with filth.

Am I too late? Or is it possible to save my son?

robtex

Veteran Member
Trey of Diamonds said:
Wow! two perfect examples of the extremes that are the source of the worlds problems. I believe that extremism in any form is the true Evil and should be avoid at all cost. I just hope Bobby has the strength and courage to survive until he can break free and be his own self.

MOD POST: Trey had two examples orginally but I edited one of his qoutes out due to RF moderation: The second qoute that is missing stated "Religion is the root of all evil" and called for the death of all religious people---hence Trey's statement of it being extreme.

robtex

Veteran Member
I read the origninal link and the whole thread two years ago. It is quite a long read and now the link is missing. In the link the mother found a diary of the boy. He talked about how deep his guilt ran and how he couldn't find a way out of the situation presented to him. He choose death as the most feasible option. If you even one of the barriers had been removed I don't see how he could have chosen death.

If his mother was approachable he would be alive today

If his mother didn't have the christian values and beliefs she did he would be alive today

If his mother didn't riddle him with guilt over the sins of homosexuality he would be alive today (which makes me think she knew and rode him hard trying to reverse his natuaral orientatio)

If she didn't sell him the afterlife story he would like be alive today.

In short she constructed the situation bit by bit, piece by piece, customizing it to make the situation that gave him only one solution...killing himself. In my reading of the thread and seeing the manipulation she used and the tools direction and pressure she applied she killed him.

Give you a parallel. there is a prision guard in a military war. The prisioner he has he mentally tortures. He tell him for hours, days weeks and months of how he is going to stretch him out on a rack, casterate him, boil his feet in acid ect ect. For whatever reason the prisioner believes the guard and is so afraid he kills himself. Commits suicide. How much would you fault the man who killed himself and how much would you fault the guard?

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
robtex said:
If his mother didn't have the christian values and beliefs she did he would be alive today
I wouldn't say those were Christian values, Christ was loving and accepting. This woman was under Satanic influence if anything.

Trey of Diamonds

robtex,

The difference in the two is motivation, not that it is a huge difference but still worth noting. The guard tortures with the intention of doing harm, the mother, out of love, is attempting to correct what she sees as a danger to the boy's soul. While the out come is the same and the pain inflicted might even be the same, the two cases are still different because of the motivations of the initiators. You label things according to what they are, not what they cause.

Anyway, I agree that the woman is at fault and I wish that her son had been strong enough to break her hold on him, although I wonder if the story is true or made up for the sake of initiating discussion and slanting the discussion in a certian direction. The poster, Betty, only had 18 posts and they were all about this single topic. It's possible that she isn't real.