• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My black Muslim buddy!

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Do you find affirmative action to be reversed extermination?
Reverse discrimination doesn't really exist. There's equality and there's discrimination
Yes, affirmative action is discrimination. It discriminates between people because of race. It was very necessary for the common good, 50 years ago. But I don't think it is still such a good thing, I think that it needs to go away. It's done all the good that institutional racism is going to do, and is now a drag on everyone. That includes black people.

It's obsolete.
Tom

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Racism is okay as long as its not coming from a white person, where is your political correctness? :p

Do you find affirmative action to be reversed extermination?

I think you've missed the point concerning your new-found role model.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I think you've missed the point concerning your new-found role model.
I was making a joke about political correctness. I don't really feel that way. Malcolm X changed after he made white Muslim friends and he changed his views on racism, and condemned the nation of Islam's views of white people being evil and Doomed 2 destruction.

Malcolm X was courageous and passionate about what he believed. He was faithful to his wife and pointed out the errors of Elijah Muhammad and his sexual immorality. He stood up to the Nation of Islam and pointed out its errors , and the Nation of Islam killed him for it. I don't see eye-to-eye with Malcolm on a lot of issues, but I do admire him very much and believe his soul is in heaven and that he did the best with what he knew.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I was making a joke about political correctness. I don't really feel that way. Malcolm X changed after he made white Muslim friends and he changed his views on racism, and condemned the nation of Islam's views of white people being evil and Doomed 2 destruction.

Malcolm X was courageous and passionate about what he believed. He was faithful to his wife and pointed out the errors of Elijah Muhammad and his sexual immorality. He stood up to the Nation of Islam and pointed out its errors , and the Nation of Islam killed him for it. I don't see eye-to-eye with Malcolm on a lot of issues, but I do admire him very much and believe his soul is in heaven and that he did the best with what he knew.

Malcolm wanted to separate the races, even using violence and revolution if necessary. The Black Panther movement grew out of his teachings.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Personally, I believe that.
I also believe that about Hitler and Pol Pot, and everybody else who ever lived.

Back in your 'bad guys of Vietnam" thread, I started to introduce you to another black guy you should know (believing as you do in American values). Paul Robeson.
Long interesting story made short, he was a black man born in New Jersey, early 20th century. He was brilliant, talented (both a football hero and opera star), good looking, and ambitious. But he was black in America, pre-WWII. He had to leave the country in order to achieve his goals. His criticism of the USA cost him dearly, the "freedom lovers" on the House Unamerican Activities Committee (the federal government) destroyed his career and confiscated his passport so he couldn't even go back to Europe.
You might find his little book "Here I Stand" helpful in understanding the USA, it's true values, and how we got where we are today. Just Google him, there's tons of eye-opening stuff online.
Tom

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Tom
My phone won't let me edit the post.

Paul sounds like a much greater Saint than Malcolm X... Thank you for sharing.

I'd say more but this phone really sucks.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Malcolm wanted to separate the races, even using violence and revolution if necessary. The Black Panther movement grew out of his teachings.
Didn't he want to take over Florida, Georgia, and Alabama, separate from the rest of the country and form a new nation? Use violence to found a new nation, more to his likings?

Sounds a bit like the Founding Fathers to me.
Tom

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Malcolm X had valid reason for his resentment against white people.

Once again, I admire his courage, I admire his exposing the black Muslim religion as erroneous and his attack on Elijah Muhammad. I admire his willingness to die for his beliefs. He passionately fought and died for what he believes in. He was killed by his own people. I don't see eye-to-eye with him, but I do consider him a heroic. I wish I had some of his virtues and strengths.

Malcolm X changed his views about white people and racism when he met white Muslim Brothers.

Read the post below the o p.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Didn't he want to take over Florida, Georgia, and Alabama, separate from the rest of the country and form a new nation? Use violence to found a new nation, more to his likings?

Sounds a bit like the Founding Fathers to me.
Tom

You were doing so well. The nation was already in existence when the Founding Fathers risked everything to freethis country from the British tyranny.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Anyone familiar with safe gun handling would habitually
keep one's finger off the trigger until ready to fire.

Dude who gives a rats ***...The Nation of Islam was after him. They fire bombed his house with his wife and two children. He wasn't safe period whether he had proper gun handling or not.

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You were doing so well. The nation was already in existence when the Founding Fathers risked everything to freethis country from the British tyranny.

So was New England. And these were British colonies.
Just as much to the point, not everyone in the colonies wanted to separate from England. Quite possibly a majority were loyalists, nobody asked the little people much.

That's why we don't elect Presidents. They are appointed by the representatives of the rich folks.

By and large, conservative Christians were loyalists. You can find Scripture supporting the Monarchy, it's called the Divine Right of Kingship. Basically, if God wants George III that's who'll be king. If not, God will change kings. What you won't find in the Bible is anything about representative government, that's easy to see. That was something the rich folks, who weren't too Christian, thought up for themselves. That's why so many were deists and such. Those darned liberals were already at it, rebels against God and scriptures.
Tom

Spiderman

Veteran Member
He remained steadfast and courageous to the end. He spoke his mind and he didn't kiss anybody's ***.

His behavior was truly heroic!

He always had an articulate witty response every time someone verbally attacked him.

He remained faithful to his wife and sharply criticized Elijah Muhammad for not doing so.

He was the best voice for exposing the errors of the Nation of Islam.

He successfully motivated, educated, fought for his people and is one of the most influential Americans in history.

He is a hero and I pray to God and to Malcolm X that I would receive his boldness, courage, wit, prudence, integrity, and steadfastness, and indifference to what others think of me.

Malcolm X, please pray for me to receive the grace and virtue to be more like you. God bless, enlighten, strengthen, heal, and care for your people, Amen!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm not a fan of Malcom X. He's no hero. I have to agree with BSM1 on this.
You don't find such zeal to raise one's fist against everyone and not care what others think, courage, prudence, and ability to rise from the gutters to influence the masses to be admirable, noble, and praiseworthy?

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
You don't find such zeal to raise one's fist against everyone and not care what others think, courage, prudence, and ability to rise from the gutters to influence the masses to be admirable, noble, and praiseworthy?
Oh I'm fine with rebelling in certain situations. There are right and wrong ways to go about it, though.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Malcolm X had a change of heart that the YouTube demonstrates well. I love my Muslim brother!

Uh-huh....

The black panther party did not advocate the separation of the races. They were fighting the economic system which segregated the races and the system of racist police violence which enforced it.

People ought to look beyond the FBI and Fox for their information on black civil rights leaders.

They were born from violence and they used violence and intimidation to achieve their goals. They burnt down their own neighborhoods for Pete's sake. This is not FBI or Fox information, I was alive and aware during the time.