• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My black Muslim buddy!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Malcolmxm1carbine3gr.gif

I believe the dead hear us when we honor and pray to them and that they still influence our world. Malcolm X is my friend.

His father was killed when he was six and his mother was placed in a mental hospital when he was thirteen, after which he lived in a series of foster homes. In 1946, at age twenty, he went to prison for larceny and breaking and entering. While in prison, he became a member of the Nation of Islam (NOI), changing his birth name Malcolm Little to Malcolm X

The Nation promoted black supremacy, advocated the separation of black and white Americans, and rejected the civil rights movement for its emphasis on integration.

Little was declared "mentally disqualified for military service" after he told draft board officials he wanted to be sent down south to "organize them ****** soldiers … steal us some guns, and kill us [some] crackers".

In late 1945, Little returned to Boston, where he and four accomplices committed a series of burglaries targeting wealthy white families.[30] In 1946, he was arrested while picking up a stolen watch he had left at a shop for repairs,[31] and in February began serving an eight-to-ten-year sentence at Charlestown State Prison for larceny and breaking and entering

In prison little developed an appetite for reading...

In 1953, the FBI began surveillance of him, turning its attention from Malcolm X's possible communist associations to his rapid ascent in the Nation of Islam.

From his adoption of the Nation of Islam in 1952 until he broke with it in 1964, Malcolm X promoted the Nation's teachings. These included the beliefs:

• that black people are the original people of the world[87]
  • that white people are "devils"[88]
  • that blacks are superior to whites, and
  • that the demise of the white race is imminent.[89
He and the Nation of Islam were described as hatemongers, black supremacists, racists, violence-seekers, segregationists, and a threat to improved race relations. He was accused of being antisemitic.[90] One of the goals of the civil rights movement was to end disenfranchisement of African Americans, but the Nation of Islam forbade its members from participating in voting and other aspects of the political process.[91] Civil rights organizations denounced him and the Nation as irresponsible extremists whose views did not represent African Americans

Malcolm X was equally critical of the civil rights movement.[95] He labeled Martin Luther King Jr. a "chump" and other civil rights leaders "stooges" of the white establishment.[96][H] He called the 1963 March on Washington "the farce on Washington",[97] and said he did not know why so many black people were excited about a demonstration "run by whites in front of a statue of a president who has been dead for a hundred years and who didn't like us when he was alive".

While the civil rights movement fought against racial segregation, Malcolm X advocated the complete separation of African Americans from whites. He proposed that African Americans should return to Africa and that, in the interim, a separate country for black people in America should be created.[99][100] He rejected the civil rights movement's strategy of nonviolence, expressing the opinion that black people should defend and advance themselves "by any means necessary".[101] His speeches had a powerful effect on his audiences, who were generally African Americans in northern and western cities. Many of them‍—‌tired of being told to wait for freedom, justice, equality and respect[102]‍—‌felt that he articulated their complaints better than did the civil rights movement.

He inspired the boxer Cassius Clay (later known as Muhammad Ali) to join the Nation,[107] and the two became close;

Rumors were circulating that Muhammad was conducting extramarital affairs with young Nation secretaries‍—‌which would constitute a serious violation of Nation teachings. After first discounting the rumors, Malcolm X came to believe them after he spoke with Muhammad's son Wallace and with the women making the accusations. Muhammad confirmed the rumors in 1963, attempting to justify his behavior by referring to precedents set by Biblical prophets.

Malcolm X on his pilgrimage to Mecca said that seeing Muslims of "all colors, from blue-eyed blonds to black-skinned Africans," interacting as equals led him to see Islam as a means by which racial problems could be overcome.

Throughout 1964, as his conflict with the Nation of Islam intensified, Malcolm X was repeatedly threatened.

In February, a leader of Temple Number Seven ordered the bombing of Malcolm X's car.[159]In March, Muhammad told Boston minister Louis X (later known as Louis Farrakhan) that "hypocrites like Malcolm should have their heads cut off";[160] the April 10 edition of Muhammad Speaks featured a cartoon depicting Malcolm X's bouncing, severed head.[161][162]....(to be continued on the next post...it wouldn't all fit on the 1200 character limit)

Malcolm X - Wikipedia

I don't see eye to eye with Malcolm X, but believe he is in Heaven. He was doing the best with what he knew. He was faithful to his wife and sharply criticized Elijah Muhammad for his sexual misconduct. He repented of his involvement in the Nation of Islam and exposed it's errors. In the end it cost him his life. He was killed by the hands of what were once his friends and followers.

I admire His ability to stay true to what he believed and voice controversial views courageously without the fear of beatings, imprisonment, and death. I admire his courage.

Malcolm, I hope you're doing well and assist our world with your intercession. The world misses you. Rest in peace brother! ((Hugs)) :)

Malcolm_X_NYWTS_2a.jpg

Do you have any thoughts about Malcolm X?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
....On June 8, FBI surveillance recorded a telephone call in which Betty Shabazz was told that her husband was "as good as dead."[163] Four days later, an FBI informant received a tip that "Malcolm X is going to be bumped off."[164] (That same month the Nation sued to reclaim Malcolm X's residence in East Elmhurst, Queens, New York. His family was ordered to vacate[165] but on February 14, 1965‍—‌the night before a hearing on postponing the eviction‍—‌the house was destroyed by fire.)[166]

On July 9 Muhammad aide John Ali (suspected of being an undercover FBI agent)[167]referred to Malcolm X by saying, "Anyone who opposes the Honorable Elijah Muhammad puts their life in jeopardy."[168] In the December 4 issue of Muhammad Speaks, Louis X wrote that "such a man as Malcolm is worthy of death."[169]

The September 1964 issue of Ebony dramatized Malcolm X's defiance of these threats by publishing a photograph of him holding an M1 carbine while peering out a window

On February 19, 1965, Malcolm X told interviewer Gordon Parks that the Nation of Islam was actively trying to kill him. On February 21, 1965, he was preparing to address the Organization of Afro-American Unity in Manhattan's Audubon Ballroom when someone in the 400-person audience yelled, "******! Get your hand outta my pocket!"[172][173][174] As Malcolm X and his bodyguards tried to quell the disturbance,[L] a man rushed forward and shot him once in the chest with a sawed-off shotgun[175][176] and two other men charged the stage firing semi-automatic handguns.[173] Malcolm X was pronounced dead at 3:30 pm, shortly after arriving at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital.[174] The autopsy identified 21 gunshot wounds to the chest, left shoulder, arms and legs, including ten buckshot wounds from the initial shotgun blast.[177]

Elijah Muhammad
told the annual Savior's Day convention on February 26, "Malcolm X got just what he preached", but denied any involvement with the murder.[203] "We didn't want to kill Malcolm and didn't try to kill him", Muhammad said. "We know such ignorant, foolish teachings would bring him to his own end."

89] When questioned concerning his statements that white people were devils, Malcolm X said: "history proves the white man is a devil."[235] "Anybody who rapes, and plunders, and enslaves, and steals, and drops hell bombs on people... anybody who does these things is nothing but a devil."[236]

Malcolm X said that Islam was the "true religion of black mankind" and that Christianity was "the white man's religion" that had been imposed upon African Americans by their slave-masters.

While the civil rights movement fought against racial segregation, Malcolm X advocated the complete separation of blacks from whites. The Nation of Islam proposed the establishment of a separate country for African Americans in the southern[99] or southwestern United States[240] as an interim measure until African Americans could return to Africa.[100] Malcolm X suggested the United States government owed reparations to black people for the unpaid labor of their ancestors.[241] He also rejected the civil rights movement's strategy of nonviolence, advocating instead that black people should defend themselves.[101]

The white liberal differs from the white conservative only in one way: the liberal is more deceitful than the conservative.

—Malcolm X

After his Hajj, Malcolm X articulated a view of white people and racism that represented a deep change from the philosophy he had supported as a minister of the Nation of Islam. In a famous letter from Mecca, he wrote that his experiences with white people during his pilgrimage convinced him to "rearrange" his thinking about race and "toss aside some of [his] previous conclusions".[251] In a conversation with Gordon Parks, two days before his assassination, Malcolm said:

[L]istening to leaders like Nasser, Ben Bella, and Nkrumah awakened me to the dangers of racism. I realized racism isn't just a black and white problem. It's brought bloodbaths to about every nation on earth at one time or another.

Brother, remember the time that white college girl came into the restaurant‍—‌the one who wanted to help the [Black] Muslims and the whites get together‍—‌and I told her there wasn't a ghost of a chance and she went away crying? Well, I've lived to regret that incident. In many parts of the African continent I saw white students helping black people. Something like this kills a lot of argument. I did many things as a [Black] Muslim that I'm sorry for now. I was a zombie then‍—‌like all [Black] Muslims‍—‌I was hypnotized, pointed in a certain direction and told to march. Well, I guess a man's entitled to make a fool of himself if he's ready to pay the cost. It cost me 12 years.

That was a bad scene, brother. The sickness and madness of those days‍—‌I'm glad to be free of them.

Malcolm X - Wikipedia

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Not sure how old you are, P., but I was around when Ol' Malcolm sucked air. He was just as much a racist as any Klan member of the time. You probably would have been more of a target than a friend to the man.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Not sure how old you are, P., but I was around when Ol' Malcolm sucked air. He was just as much a racist as any Klan member of the time. You probably would have been more of a target than a friend to the man.
He's different, purified, perfected, and fully enlightened now

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
He's different, purified, perfected, and fully enlightened now
Personally, I believe that.
I also believe that about Hitler and Pol Pot, and everybody else who ever lived.

Back in your 'bad guys of Vietnam" thread, I started to introduce you to another black guy you should know (believing as you do in American values). Paul Robeson.
Long interesting story made short, he was a black man born in New Jersey, early 20th century. He was brilliant, talented (both a football hero and opera star), good looking, and ambitious. But he was black in America, pre-WWII. He had to leave the country in order to achieve his goals. His criticism of the USA cost him dearly, the "freedom lovers" on the House Unamerican Activities Committee (the federal government) destroyed his career and confiscated his passport so he couldn't even go back to Europe.
You might find his little book "Here I Stand" helpful in understanding the USA, it's true values, and how we got where we are today. Just Google him, there's tons of eye-opening stuff online.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Malcolm X was a careless fool.
This is obvious from how he holds that rifle.
(His finger is on the trigger, despite his having no immediate intention to fire it.)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Malcolmxm1carbine3gr.gif

I believe the dead hear us when we honor and pray to them and that they still influence our world. Malcolm X is my friend.

His father was killed when he was six and his mother was placed in a mental hospital when he was thirteen, after which he lived in a series of foster homes. In 1946, at age twenty, he went to prison for larceny and breaking and entering. While in prison, he became a member of the Nation of Islam (NOI), changing his birth name Malcolm Little to Malcolm X

The Nation promoted black supremacy, advocated the separation of black and white Americans, and rejected the civil rights movement for its emphasis on integration.

Little was declared "mentally disqualified for military service" after he told draft board officials he wanted to be sent down south to "organize them ****** soldiers … steal us some guns, and kill us [some] crackers".

In late 1945, Little returned to Boston, where he and four accomplices committed a series of burglaries targeting wealthy white families.[30] In 1946, he was arrested while picking up a stolen watch he had left at a shop for repairs,[31] and in February began serving an eight-to-ten-year sentence at Charlestown State Prison for larceny and breaking and entering

In prison little developed an appetite for reading...

In 1953, the FBI began surveillance of him, turning its attention from Malcolm X's possible communist associations to his rapid ascent in the Nation of Islam.

From his adoption of the Nation of Islam in 1952 until he broke with it in 1964, Malcolm X promoted the Nation's teachings. These included the beliefs:

• that black people are the original people of the world[87]
  • that white people are "devils"[88]
  • that blacks are superior to whites, and
  • that the demise of the white race is imminent.[89
He and the Nation of Islam were described as hatemongers, black supremacists, racists, violence-seekers, segregationists, and a threat to improved race relations. He was accused of being antisemitic.[90] One of the goals of the civil rights movement was to end disenfranchisement of African Americans, but the Nation of Islam forbade its members from participating in voting and other aspects of the political process.[91] Civil rights organizations denounced him and the Nation as irresponsible extremists whose views did not represent African Americans

Malcolm X was equally critical of the civil rights movement.[95] He labeled Martin Luther King Jr. a "chump" and other civil rights leaders "stooges" of the white establishment.[96][H] He called the 1963 March on Washington "the farce on Washington",[97] and said he did not know why so many black people were excited about a demonstration "run by whites in front of a statue of a president who has been dead for a hundred years and who didn't like us when he was alive".

While the civil rights movement fought against racial segregation, Malcolm X advocated the complete separation of African Americans from whites. He proposed that African Americans should return to Africa and that, in the interim, a separate country for black people in America should be created.[99][100] He rejected the civil rights movement's strategy of nonviolence, expressing the opinion that black people should defend and advance themselves "by any means necessary".[101] His speeches had a powerful effect on his audiences, who were generally African Americans in northern and western cities. Many of them‍—‌tired of being told to wait for freedom, justice, equality and respect[102]‍—‌felt that he articulated their complaints better than did the civil rights movement.

He inspired the boxer Cassius Clay (later known as Muhammad Ali) to join the Nation,[107] and the two became close;

Rumors were circulating that Muhammad was conducting extramarital affairs with young Nation secretaries‍—‌which would constitute a serious violation of Nation teachings. After first discounting the rumors, Malcolm X came to believe them after he spoke with Muhammad's son Wallace and with the women making the accusations. Muhammad confirmed the rumors in 1963, attempting to justify his behavior by referring to precedents set by Biblical prophets.

Malcolm X on his pilgrimage to Mecca said that seeing Muslims of "all colors, from blue-eyed blonds to black-skinned Africans," interacting as equals led him to see Islam as a means by which racial problems could be overcome.

Throughout 1964, as his conflict with the Nation of Islam intensified, Malcolm X was repeatedly threatened.

In February, a leader of Temple Number Seven ordered the bombing of Malcolm X's car.[159]In March, Muhammad told Boston minister Louis X (later known as Louis Farrakhan) that "hypocrites like Malcolm should have their heads cut off";[160] the April 10 edition of Muhammad Speaks featured a cartoon depicting Malcolm X's bouncing, severed head.[161][162]....(to be continued on the next post...it wouldn't all fit on the 1200 character limit)

Malcolm X - Wikipedia

I don't see eye to eye with Malcolm X, but believe he is in Heaven. He was doing the best with what he knew. He was faithful to his wife and sharply criticized Elijah Muhammad for his sexual misconduct. He repented of his involvement in the Nation of Islam and exposed it's errors. In the end it cost him his life. He was killed by the hands of what were once his friends and followers.

I admire His ability to stay true to what he believed and voice controversial views courageously without the fear of beatings, imprisonment, and death. I admire his courage.

Malcolm, I hope you're doing well and assist our world with your intercession. The world misses you. Rest in peace brother! ((Hugs)) :)

Malcolm_X_NYWTS_2a.jpg

Do you have any thoughts about Malcolm X?
Well my take is he and Charles Mansion would have made quite a salt and pepper team to begin a real race war.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
I'm not a fan of Malcom X. He's no hero. I have to agree with BSM1 on this.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Anyone familiar with safe gun handling would habitually
keep one's finger off the trigger until ready to fire.
Unless the guy taking the picture said, "Here, hold it like this. It can't shoot, I took the ammo out. Check that for yourself if you want to."
You put an awful lot of faith in your ability to know what is going on by looking at a picture.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You can rationalize anything by imagining behind the scenes conspiracies.
Honestly, I think that you are probably right. I doubt that Malcolm X had much training or regard for safety conventions. I think it likely that the photo was a candid shot. It's your dismissiveness concerning a black child of 50's USA. Damn right he was more angry than concerned about what you find important.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Honestly, I think that you are probably right. I doubt that Malcolm X had much training or regard for safety conventions. I think it likely that the photo was a candid shot. It's your dismissiveness concerning a black child of 50's USA. Damn right he was more angry than concerned about what you find important.
Tom
I wasn't addressing his anger.
Just having fun dissing him for being a poor example of gun safety.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Racism is okay as long as its not coming from a white person, where is your political correctness? :p

Do you find affirmative action to be reversed extermination?