• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MURDER, GENOCIDE, and ATHEISTS.

shmogie

It is his issue, his hatred, but our fault for mentioning
it.
Hatred, young lady I hate no one. Citing historical fact is not hatred. Making logical connections when no one refutes those questions is not hatred. Asking for explanations is not hatred.

Why can´t atheists address the issues, none have.

Instead, they attack me as a bigot, or a hater because I ask the questions, or revert to the tired old attacks on Christianity.

Why is this so difficult, and why the slurs ?

Audie

Veteran Member
Hatred, young lady I hate no one. Citing historical fact is not hatred. Making logical connections when no one refutes those questions is not hatred. Asking for explanations is not hatred.

Instead, they attack me as a bigot, or a hater because I ask the questions, or revert to the tired old attacks on Christianity.

Why is this so difficult, and why the slurs ?

What a bucket of poop. Unless somehow you have
secret issues that nobody has figured out.

As for hate-
Deceive yourself as you will, we can feel it radiating
from you.

shmogie

That is your chosen interpretation, of course.

"Turn it back" when you led off with a vicious lying assault?

Here in the USA there is a tiny minority of atheists.
After centuries of abuse from the church, there is
finally some push back. The horror!

Atheism needs no defense. And your "faith" is
indefensible.

You gonna say if you would do what God told
you to do, ifn he said it is time to hang me?

Dont pretend that "god" would not do that.
"He" has given and had obeyed far far worse.
I wouldn´t murder anyone, period.

OK, I see, atheists have the open invitation to attack Christianity, but reciprocal questions about atheists and their history are verboten.

Atheism needs no defense, really ? Well, those hundreds of millions slaughtered by atheists might beg to differ with you.

Could it be that when it comes to moral questions, there is no defense of atheism ?

You tell me.

shmogie

What a bucket of poop. Unless somehow you have
secret issues that nobody has figured out.

As for hate-
Deceive yourself as you will, we can feel it radiating
from you.
LOL ! NO secret issues, just tell me the standard of morality that exists for atheists.

I can feel the uncertainty radiating from you.

shmogie

There is no "atheist moral code" and they think murder is immoral as well. Have you ever looked into the Code of Hammurabi or the Egyptian Book of the Dead?
There is no atheist moral code. Then how do atheists define morality ?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm just gonna sit back and let the Christian-Atheist p!ss!ng contest unfold on this one.;)
I thought the <useful> frubal was best for your post.
1) It hadn't been applied yet.
2) People can learn from your equanimity.

Humans are individuals. Both believers & atheists can be good, bad, or a melange.
Sure, sure....there are generalities which can be made about them.
Believers have their scripture, which prescribes & proscribes actions.
And some of those are dangerous, eg, killing the infidel.
But religions are more than their literal scriptures, ie, their religion
evolves as cultural interpretation changes. So unlike the heathens
excoriated in the OP, I don't hate Christianity, Islam or the others.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There is no atheist moral code. Then how do atheists define morality ?
Just as with most religious folk, we heathens get our morality from genetics,
upbringing & culture. Believers just have this additional set of morals delivered
by scripture....some of which they ignore, & some of which they embrace.
And this culling is a function of their genetics the several factors I listed.

usfan

Of all the ugly bigotry / prejudice / vicious
applied ignorance ever, the one about how
atheists have no moral compass has to be
among the lowest.
Well, i would not say that is the 'worst thing ever!' that can be said for atheists. ;)

IMO, everyone has a 'moral compass', because it is embedded there by our Creator. But, let's assume for the moment, that this is a godless universe. Any moralizing in a godless universe is just arbitrary or contrived, to manipulate people. One man's morals are as good (or bad) as the next, in an amoral, random, naturalistic universe.

The fact that many atheists indignantly insist on their own virtuosity, even claiming superiority over the inferior theists, shows that they don't really believe this is a godless, purposeless, amoral universe, but there is some kind of inner 'moral compass!' directing their choices.

Audie

Veteran Member
LOL ! NO secret issues, just tell me the standard of morality that exists for atheists.

I can feel the uncertainty radiating from you.

You are unaware that you are asking a nonsense
question? Of course, you must be.

There is no way that there is any shared anything
among the world's atheists, other than that we
do not subscribe to your moldy superstitions.
There is no way that I or anyone else could speak
for all atheists any more than you can for all religionists.

In my case, I grew up in China, where I was taught
our traditional values from day one.
When I was exposed to Christianity, I wondered why
these people need to go to church and have a "god"
to hear what we learn at home.

My admittedly limited knowledge of world cultures
shows me that we all have similar values of hospitality,
"golden rule", honesty, etc.

Now, among us there are those who were never taught
any values, and that is as so for any religion or non
religion. I dont know how they work things out.

For those of us equipped with a conscience and
a cultural background, questions to the effect of
"why dont you go out to kill and rob, since you
have no moral compass" is ignorant, bigoted
and offensive in the extreme.

I dont much expect you to learn anything from what
I say, though.

Are you going to continue to avoid answering my
question about what you'd do when your Lord
and Giver of absolute Morality said to hang me
from a lamppost? I am not heavy, you could do it
easily.

Audie

Veteran Member
I wouldn´t murder anyone, period.

You are going to set the rules of morality?

"God" is the source of absolute morality.
Not you, not your "period", not your conscience,
not the law of the land. God. You cannot
have this both ways.

It wont be murder if "god" tells you to do it.

Shall we quote from your marvy bible to give
you examples?

Now how about giving an honest answer.

Last edited:

David1967

Premium Member
Just checking in to see if either side has swayed anyone from the other to switch sides. What's the score so far?:cool::D

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Well, i would not say that is the 'worst thing ever!' that can be said for atheists. ;)

IMO, everyone has a 'moral compass', because it is embedded there by our Creator. But, let's assume for the moment, that this is a godless universe. Any moralizing in a godless universe is just arbitrary or contrived, to manipulate people. One man's morals are as good (or bad) as the next, in an amoral, random, naturalistic universe.

The fact that many atheists indignantly insist on their own virtuosity, even claiming superiority over the inferior theists, shows that they don't really believe this is a godless, purposeless, amoral universe, but there is some kind of inner 'moral compass!' directing their choices.

Considering the alleged source of morality: Are you advertising for belief in at least a God, no matter which, or for belief in your particular brand of God?

For instance, I can exclude my morality comes from your version of God, for:

1) i am pro choice
2) gays should be able to marry and adopt kids, or make them using third parties
3) i abhor slavery, genocides and the death penalty

That is a subset of my moral compass. So, who embedded it here? Challenge: try to answer this without begging the question.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
It wont be murder if "god" tells you to do it.

Shall we quote from your marvy bible to give
you examples?

Now how about giving an honest answer.

Deuteronomy 20:17 For you must devote them to complete ...

Completely destroy all the people: the Hittites, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, as the LORD ordered you to do.

Holman Christian Standard Bible You must completely destroy them--the Hittite, Amorite, Canaanite, Perizzite, Hivite, and Jebusite--as the LORD your God has commanded you,

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
None of these were driven by the teachings of Jesus. All wars are from human aggression, driven from a foundational ideology... almost all have an elitist view of themselves, or see themselves on an historical mission, including the Marxists mentioned by the OP.

But it is a FALSE and PEJORATIVE narrative, to smear 'Christianity!' :eek: ..as the CAUSE and MOTIVATION for 'war, slavery, and oppression!' :rolleyes:

The opposite is true, as Christianity has been a stabilizing and moralizing force in the world. Western civilization would not have been without it.

"For more than a thousand years the BIBLE, collectively taken, has gone hand in hand with civilization, science, law --in short, with the moral and intellectual cultivation of the species, always supporting and often leading the way. ~Samuel Taylor Coleridge

It is revisionist propaganda, from a hostile, competing worldview, that promotes and indoctrinates these smears.

So you ignore the 85% of the bible that teaches hatred and every other religion... Cool

I have not smeared christianity, i have not mentioned the crusades and the witch hunts and the inquisition and the christian terrorism. I put this down to religion in general.

Remember the dark ages?

Audie

Veteran Member
Deuteronomy 20:17 For you must devote them to complete ...

Completely destroy all the people: the Hittites, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, as the LORD ordered you to do.

Holman Christian Standard Bible You must completely destroy them--the Hittite, Amorite, Canaanite, Perizzite, Hivite, and Jebusite--as the LORD your God has commanded you,

Good quotes, but I need one from out OPster.