• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MURDER, GENOCIDE, and ATHEISTS.

sooda

Veteran Member
Wow, you are really stretching it now.

The allies response to axis aggression had nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with territorial defense. This is a hollow ploy.

I have cited elsewhere from the encyclopedia of war that of all the wars in the worlds history only about 3.5% were caused by religion.

The genocide of native Americans had nothing to do with religion and everything to do with manifest destiny.

The massive extermination of hundreds of millions of people by atheists occurred be the atheist belief has no moral restriction on murder. Atheism gives the atheist reason to do what a Christian should never do. In the one case ones belief structure allows genocide, in the other, one must defy the belief structure to commit genocide.

Actually the pioneers spoke of America as the Promised Land and believed that Joshua was a real person who really slaughtered all the Canaanites.

Of course it was a big lie..

God commanded, “In the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them — the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites — as the LORD your God has commanded you. Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the LORD your God” (Deuteronomy 20:16-18).

sooda

Veteran Member
Thanks for trying to make the peace, but the other side is committed to bloodshed:

1) The other side says the "Bible never happened", so how do they protest so stridently a genocide that "never happened"--oh that's right, they're also ticked off incessantly, permanently, about a God who doesn't exist!

2) The other side DOES read the Bible, especially three or four verses out of context about genocide, rape and abortion--while never bothering to THINK about the rest of the scriptures!

3) The other side claims no atheist trolls exist at RF!

Joshua never killed the Canaanites or destroyed their towns, but there are many verses in the Bible claiming he did.. So that was part of the religious belief.. I suspect God had NOTHING to do with it.

God commanded, “In the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them — the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites — as the LORD your God has commanded you. Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the LORD your God” (Deuteronomy 20:16-18).

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
However you label it, atheists committed massive genocide.

You whine about Christianity and Christians because alleged Christians because of nationalism and greed for power murdered. You use this to indict Christianity.

But atheists slaughtering has nothing to do with the killers being atheists.

Nice try, no cigar. Atheism offers absolutely restraint, none on murder

Nope, and i see you are unwilling to name names, i wonder why?

shmogie

Actually, it is you in attack mode, trying to provoke a response. No problem. Let me tell you what I think about your religion since you're so keen to tell Religious Forums how much you resent atheists.

You started this thread to smear atheism by conflating it with brutal authoritarian regime, undoubtedly because you have no legitimate criticism of atheism, and nothing to promote your religion with - just like the creationists, who have nothing to promote, and so attack the alternative, the biology that contradicts their faith-based beliefs.

Your religion has a long history of hatred and bigotry for atheists and atheism, and their desire to see it weakened is justified. After millennia of Christian atheophobic bigotry marginalizing and demonizing atheism, making the lives of unbelievers more difficult and dangerous, at long last, atheists have a platform and a voice, and are chastising Christianity. This infuriates some Christians, like a hunter who wasn't expecting his intended prey to be able to defend itself, and gores the hunter, who utters an angry epithet as he lies bleeding out in the snow, cursing at what he considers an unprovoked attack. That's the status of the church as it hemorrhages members, dollars, and clout.

This is why Christianity is losing the culture war to secular humanism. It churns out countless numbers of bigots like you to attempt to smear your honest, hard-working, law-abiding humanist neighbors trying to raise their families properly and make their communities better, given those people reason to fire back. Isn't that what's happening here - you trying to demean your atheist readers by conflating them with unrelated totalitarian regimes, and atheists like me pointing out the hatred and bigotry of your religion in reaction? You asked for it. I didn't wake up today intending to gore Christianity, but then I saw your thread taking aim at atheism, and thought, why not? Let him have it.

This is one of the reasons Christianity is so disliked. You blame everybody but yourselves, but here you are damaging your religion further by expressing your bigotry Christian bigotry and inviting other to discuss your religion's mean-spiritedness and hypocrisy. The LGBTQ+ community will likely back me up on this. Love thy neighbor indeed.
As one of your fellow travelers said, blah, blah, blah.

When it comes to genocide, I don´t have to smear atheists, the facts show that atheism smears itself.

I understand that a good offense is a good defense, but what you offer here is paltry.

I do find the name calling interesting, I am a bigot when I relate historical fact about atheism, but you are not when you do the same about Christianity, along with inflated imagination. Interesting that. You violated the rules, but no worries, I won´t report you.

I would have thought that you would have supplied an intellectual treatise on why atheism had nothing to do with the butchery of hundreds of millions of people, but you didn´t.

We both know why you didn´t don´t we ?

Instead, you called names and said ¨ yeah, well Christians did naner, naner, naner, naner¨

The thread isn´t about Christians for once, but you and your ilk incessantly try to make it so, because for once you feel attacked rather than being the attacker. Ahhhhhh The historical facts are simple, atheists conducted the most massive slaughters of people the world has ever known.

So, all I ask is that you tell me why this is so. You haven´t.

Instead, you launched into irrelevant to the question baloney, and personal attack.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Of all the ugly bigotry / prejudice / vicious
applied ignorance ever, the one about how
atheists have no moral compass has to be
among the lowest.

I do feel sorry for those who have worked
themselves into this awful state of mind, but
I have to keep in mind that their contempt
and hatred for me or anyone like me, is right
there, simmering below the surface. Well,
not always below.

We have had an eruption or two in this thread.

I remember well running across a person of
similar mind set who told me he prays daily
to god for word that it is time to start killing all
the atheists.

I asked him about hanging me from a lamp post.
He said he would do as god directed.

The religion of love???

ChristineM

Premium Member
As one of your fellow travelers said, blah, blah, blah.

When it comes to genocide, I don´t have to smear atheists, the facts show that atheism smears itself.

I understand that a good offense is a good defense, but what you offer here is paltry.

I do find the name calling interesting, I am a bigot when I relate historical fact about atheism, but you are not when you do the same about Christianity, along with inflated imagination. Interesting that. You violated the rules, but no worries, I won´t report you.

I would have thought that you would have supplied an intellectual treatise on why atheism had nothing to do with the butchery of hundreds of millions of people, but you didn´t.

We both know why you didn´t don´t we ?

Instead, you called names and said ¨ yeah, well Christians did naner, naner, naner, naner¨

The thread isn´t about Christians for once, but you and your ilk incessantly try to make it so, because for once you feel attacked rather than being the attacker. Ahhhhhh The historical facts are simple, atheists conducted the most massive slaughters of people the world has ever known.

So, all I ask is that you tell me why this is so. You haven´t.

Instead, you launched into irrelevant to the question baloney, and personal attack.

And still no names.

Personal attack?. Oh the hypocrisy

Audie

Veteran Member
t, atheists have a platform and a voice, and are chastising Christianity. This infuriates some Christians, like a hunter who wasn't expecting his intended prey to be able to defend itself, and gores the hunter, who utters an angry epithet as he lies bleeding out in the snow, cursing at what he considers an unprovoked attack.

Oh come now. Some (most, I think) of us just
want to be allowed at long last our equal place
in the sun.

The church has scarcely been left bleeding in
the snow.

Sometimes there will be an "attack" such as taking
legal action to stop the ongoing abuse of public
funds to sponsor Christianity.

I and I am sure the vast majority of atheists
want an end to discrimination, and, for the church
to quit pressing its agenda on us.

The worst thing we do, from the OP POV is to
seek some acknowledgement, recognition of
what the church has done over the centuries.

We know the good, but they will not admit the
bad.

It is much like the role of America in the world.
Yes, much good, but the jingos can never see
the least fault, no, those who might try to mention
some of it are commies.

shmogie

Nope, and i see you are unwilling to name names, i wonder why?
Because the atheists are on the warpath, they got stung and want revenge, and I am having a blast responding to their nonsense, too much fun, to type out a list for you.

If you cant figure it out with a map of Europe and China and South America, too bad, you will have to wait in line.

shmogie

Actually the pioneers spoke of America as the Promised Land and believed that Joshua was a real person who really slaughtered all the Canaanites.

Of course it was a big lie..

Sooo what does this have to do with atheist genocide ?

shmogie

Thanks for trying to make the peace, but the other side is committed to bloodshed:

1) The other side says the "Bible never happened", so how do they protest so stridently a genocide that "never happened"--oh that's right, they're also ticked off incessantly, permanently, about a God who doesn't exist!

2) The other side DOES read the Bible, especially three or four verses out of context about genocide, rape and abortion--while never bothering to THINK about the rest of the scriptures!

3) The other side claims no atheist trolls exist at RF!
Irrelevant to the worlds greatest killers, who were atheists.

Audie

Veteran Member
That is so sick and perverted..

I was so shocked by it then, I am still.
But just as we had the boys of 911, we
get Christians who believe what they
believe.

Anyone who really-really believes that
we atheists are actually that bad is
probably only one prophetic dream away
from taking up hiss gun and rope.

I can though take some dim comfort in
clinging to the hope that our OP does not
really in his soul think as he writes.
If he did, he should well have already
taken up the crusade.

shmogie

Of all the ugly bigotry / prejudice / vicious
applied ignorance ever, the one about how
atheists have no moral compass has to be
among the lowest.

I do feel sorry for those who have worked
themselves into this awful state of mind, but
I have to keep in mind that their contempt
and hatred for me or anyone like me, is right
there, simmering below the surface. Well,
not always below.

We have had an eruption or two in this thread.

I remember well running across a person of
similar mind set who told me he prays daily
to god for word that it is time to start killing all
the atheists.

I asked him about hanging me from a lamp post.
He said he would do as god directed.
Millions upon millions of atheists have moral compasses and are moral people.

How does atheism contribute to this ?

Why were the greatest killers in history atheists ?

All the atheists are so twitterpated that I would have the temerity to hold their belief up for examination like they love to do to Christian beliefs, they refuse to address the central issues, but rather resort to accusation and direct and indirect slurs on the messenger because they hate the message.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Because the atheists are on the warpath, they got stung and want revenge, and I am having a blast responding to their nonsense, too much fun, to type out a list for you.

If you cant figure it out with a map of Europe and China and South America, too bad, you will have to wait in line.

And still no names, i am beginning to think your thread is powered by nothing but hate

Audie

Veteran Member

All the atheists are so twitterpated that I would have the temerity to hold their belief up for examination like they love to do to Christian beliefs, they refuse to address the central issues, but rather resort to accusation and direct and indirect slurs on the messenger because they hate the message.

What would you do if you got a Message that it is time
to hang me from a lamp post, since I am an atheist?

David T

Premium Member
It is nothing more than that 2000 years old persecution complex. Every little objection to their claims is perceived as a violent attack, or a threat to make them illegal and send them to feed the lions.

Ciao

- viole
Oh hell i know people who have a persecution complex no matter what!!

shmogie

I was so shocked by it then, I am still.
But just as we had the boys of 911, we
get Christians who believe what they
believe.

Anyone who really-really believes that
we atheists are actually that bad is
probably only one prophetic dream away
from taking up hiss gun and rope.

I can though take some dim comfort in
clinging to the hope that our OP does not
really in his soul think as he writes.
If he did, he should well have already
taken up the crusade.
So now it comes full circle, someone is finally getting the point, but they don´t know it.

For years I have seen atheists say the most despicable things about Christians, gloat about Christian failings and incessantly tar us all with these things.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, and recitation of historical fact causes you to believe that every one of you is being maligned.

So, of course instead of mounting a defense of atheism and explanations for history, you turn it back on the OP.

That is always easier than dealing with the issues.

ChristineM

Premium Member

Greatest killers, the abrahamic god, killed every living thing on this planet except one close buddy, his immediate family and about 17 million animals.

The second biggest genocide, the biggest real one was the muslim massacre of hindus, lasting 400 years, religious... Have you forgotten that one?

And i have provided a list of religious wars and mass death by religion. A list that, apart from having one failed attack on it, you choose to ignore

Audie

Veteran Member
So now it comes full circle, someone is finally getting the point, but they don´t know it.

For years I have seen atheists say the most despicable things about Christians, gloat about Christian failings and incessantly tar us all with these things.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, and recitation of historical fact causes you to believe that every one of you is being maligned.

So, of course instead of mounting a defense of atheism and explanations for history, you turn it back on the OP.

That is always easier than dealing with the issues.

That is your chosen interpretation, of course.

"Turn it back" when you led off with a vicious lying assault?

Here in the USA there is a tiny minority of atheists.
After centuries of abuse from the church, there is
finally some push back. The horror!

Atheism needs no defense. And your "faith" is
indefensible.

You gonna say if you would do what God told
you to do, ifn he said it is time to hang me?

Dont pretend that "god" would not do that.
"He" has given and had obeyed far far worse.