• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Watched 'Sunshine' yesterday. That wasn't bad, though I wasn't overly thrilled by the ending. 'Hot Fuzz' is another one I've seen recently, which I rather enjoyed.
Slightly off topic, I saw the trailer to 'I Am Legend' yesterday, which is a remake (I guess you'd call it that) of 'The Omega Man'.
Looks good.

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
'The Invisible,' 'Premonition,' 'I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry,' and 'Transformers.'

I enjoyed them all, except for about the first 45 min. of 'Transformers.' It was boring.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
We saw "Lars and the Real Girl" last night. It's about a socially backward guy who orders a latex love doll in the mail. Can you imagine!!!!

cardero

Citizen Mod
Onmyoji
DVD/ Color/ 116 Mins./ R/ 2001
The Heian emperor depends on Onmyoji for protection, but jealousy makes a destructive appearance in the kingdom as the empress is about to give birth. To prevent total chaos from taking place, Seimei stands up against his teacher, Doson. But is it too late?

Nanda

Polyanna
Slightly off topic, I saw the trailer to 'I Am Legend' yesterday, which is a remake (I guess you'd call it that) of 'The Omega Man'.
Looks good.

It's actually based off a graphic novel that is based off of "The Omega Man," which in turn is based off of an old Vincent Price movie called "Last Man on Earth." What's the point of all this? Uh...

Hm...

Vincent Price Rules!

cardero

Citizen Mod
It's actually based off a graphic novel that is based off of "The Omega Man," which in turn is based off of an old Vincent Price movie called "Last Man on Earth." What's the point of all this? Uh...

Hm...

Vincent Price Rules!
Wasn't DC/Vetigo's series Y: The Last Man supposed to be made into a movie?

Nanda

Polyanna
Wasn't DC/Vetigo's series Y: The Last Man supposed to be made into a movie?

From Wikipedia:
The film rights to the series have been acquired by New Line Cinema, and as of July 24, 2007 screenwriter Carl Ellsworth and director D. J. Caruso, the team behind Disturbia, are attached to the project with David S. Goyer as a producer. There is also speculation that Shia LaBeouf could be cast as Yorick.[4][5] There is no scheduled release date.

It's not nearly the same premise, though, as I'm sure you know.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Kamikaze Girls
DVD/ Color/ 102 Mins./ NR/ 2005
Based on Novala Takemoto's best-selling Japanese novel Shimotsuma Story, this colorful live-action comedy from writer-director Tetsuya Nakashima tells a tale of unlikely friendship. When she meets rough-and-tumble biker chick Ichigo Shirayuri (Anna Tschiya), the refined Momoko Ryugasaki (Kyoko Fukada) is forever changed. But can a big-city girl who adores 18th century France, frilly dresses and parasols save her new friend from certain doom?

One of the finest movies that I have seen this year.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Felix The Cat The Golden Anniversary Edition
DVD/ Color/ 232 Mins./ NR/ 1958
Everyone's favorite cartoon cat pounces into adventure in this comic collection that contains every installment of the frisky feline's 1958-59 TV series. Join Felix, his brainiac nephew Poindexter and pal Vavoom as they set off for Egypt, outer space and other exciting places in these classic episodes.

These are the same cartoons that I used to watch when my father brought me home from Kindergarten and he would make me a peanut butter sandwich. They had limited animated and included characters such as the Professor and Rock Bottom and the Mysterious Master Cylinder. Very bizarre to be re-watching them today.

:D
Felix The Cat The Golden Anniversary Edition
DVD/ Color/ 232 Mins./ NR/ 1958
Everyone's favorite cartoon cat pounces into adventure in this comic collection that contains every installment of the frisky feline's 1958-59 TV series. Join Felix, his brainiac nephew Poindexter and pal Vavoom as they set off for Egypt, outer space and other exciting places in these classic episodes.

These are the same cartoons that I used to watch when my father brought me home from Kindergarten and he would make me a peanut butter sandwich. They had limited animated and included characters such as the Professor and Rock Bottom and the Mysterious Master Cylinder. Very bizarre to be re-watching them today.

Im definetly goign to watch that :yes:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Prime Suspect 1 through 7 starring Helen Merrin
- PS1 - DCI Jane Tennison has been passed over time and again to lead a murder investigation, so when one of her fellow DCIs has a heart attack just before he's ready to charge their prime suspect, Jane sees her chance to lead a murder investigation. But the murder squad she takes over is hostile to her, the men upstairs are eager to pull the plug on her investigation, her personal relationships suffer from her obsession with work, and the prime suspect remains elusive. Jane has her work cut out for her as she and her team work their way through computer data trails, legwork, intuitive leaps, chases, arrests, and confessions to find the killer.

- PS2 - Detective Chief Inspector Jane Tennison now deals with a racially charged murder. The long-dead body of a young black woman is discovered in a district recently convulsed by police brutality and which now is in the midst of a highly-charged political campaign. Her investigation is hampered by the hostility of the local populace, and the clumsy methods of some of her subordinates and irresponsible journalists make things worse. Can she solve the case before a race riot breaks out? Her job is complicated when a former lover is assigned to her command as a subordinate.

- PS3 - Detective Chief Inspector Jane Tennison moves to a new district and is put in charge of a vice investigation instead of homicide. But soon a homicide case impinges on her new job when a very young male prostitute is murdered in the apartment of Vera Reynolds, a female impersonator. Soon Jane is on the trail of the boy's brutal young pimp (played by David Thewlis). But her investigation is complicated by the Old Boy's Network, which is spying on her and is more concerned with preventing scandal than bringing the villain to justice.

- PS4 - Jane Tennison's promotion to Superintendent turns out to put her in charge of an investigation and search for an abducted baby. She gets more involved in it than she intended considering that she just had an abortion. However, she turns out to be the one of most cool headed of her team when the prime suspect seems to be a man who was a child molester recently released from a clinic. As people start to investigate him, emotions get in the way and terrible mistakes are made that seem beyond Supt. Tennison's ability to correct.

- PS5 - Tennison on a new beat investigates the killing of a drug runner, with the runner's employer, "The Street," as her prime suspect. Meanwhile, The Street is conducting his own investigation into the killing, with the help of his team of hoodlums and his vicious Rottweilers. And as Tennison rankles that her subordinates accuse her of sleeping her way to the top, she begins an affair with her married supervisor.

- PS6 - Helen Mirren (Calendar Girls, Gosford Park) is back as Inspector Jane Tennison in an eagerly awaited new episode of the Emmy award-winning series Prime Suspect on ExxonMobil Masterpiece Theatre. It's been seven years since Tennison put the handcuffs on a psychotic killer in the last episode. Now, amid pressure to retire, she faces a death squad that has unleashed the horrors of the Balkan civil war on London.

- PS7 - Helen Mirren returns for the final time as Jane Tennison in the long-awaited Prime Suspect 7. Retirement looms for Detective Superintendent Tennison, but as her career draws to a close, the body of a missing schoolgirl is found, and the hunt for her killer begins. However, as Jane and her colleagues work to identify their prime suspect, the emotional fallout from the murder begins to take its toll on the battle-scarred detective. As the investigation gets underway, Jane is not only dealing with the imminent death of her father, but also an addiction to alcohol which she is desperately trying to keep hidden. There are plenty of twists and turns as Jane confronts her toughest challenge yet: herself, as the popular award-winning series reaches its devastating finale.

Painted Lady starring Helen Merrin - From the Irish countryside to London to New York and back again, Maggie reenters the world as a countess and shady art dealer. With her panache and charisma, she finds more than an auction, a rekindled interracial love affair, helpful relatives and a painting of great price. She finds more than she bargained for in the labyrinth and milieu of stolen art.

Calendar girls starring Helen Merrin - Calendar Girls is about the women of the Rylstone Women's Institute in North Yorkshire. This Women's Group produces a calendar each year based around scenes of the Yorkshire dales. In 1999, one of the ladies husbands became ill with leukemia. He would say that if the ladies planted Sunflowers, he'd make sure he'd get better so he could see them. Unfortunately, he didn't pull through and in order to raise funds for Leukemia research the women decided to make an alternative calendar of themselves in the nude hoping to sell a few hundred copies around their villages. This calendar in fact became a worldwide sensation, out-selling even those of Britney Spears and Cindy Crawford.

All plot summaries taken from The Internet Movie Database

cardero

Citizen Mod
Komiks (Vol 1)
DVD/ Color/ 102 Mins./ NR/ 2006
The Philippines' biggest stars shine in this anthology series. Each episode features melodrama, comedy and romance with a twist of horror, science fiction or fairy tale thrown in for good measure. A young boy is saved from drowning by a mermaid, an orphan gives her adopted family a magical leg up in the restaurant business, a man searching for the girl of his dreams discovers a vampire clan and a novelist is haunted by his true love's ghost.