• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Circle_One

Hung out and saw Phenomena with a friend. Amazing film, amazing director, made all the better by watching it with an amazing person.

Saw Raise the Castle! last night. Basically Kurosawa meets Monty Python. Silly yet fun.

SO WEIRD! I ALSO hung out and watched Phenomena with a friend recently! That's quite coincidental! :D

C1 <3s Dario Argento.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I went to see "The Boat That Rocked" It was awesome!! I think either Midnight Marc, The Count or Thick Kevin were my favourite characters!

cardero

Citizen Mod
Cat Ballou
DVD/ Color/ 96 Mins./ NR/ 1965
javascript:void(0)Nat "King" Cole and Stubby Kaye provide a Greek chorus-style narrative in this tongue-in-cheek Western parody that's become a classic in its own right. In director Elliot Silverstein's Oscar-winning comedy, Cat's (Jane Fonda) father has been murdered by a gunslinger (Lee Marvin), and now, the schoolmarm-cum-outlaw must team with boozehound Kid Shelleen (also played by Marvin) to prevent her father's ranch from falling into the wrong hands.

A

angellous_evangellous

Wolverine was the last movie that I saw... it was pretty good. Some parts were horribly lame.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
I went to see "The Boat That Rocked" It was awesome!! I think either Midnight Marc, The Count or Thick Kevin were my favourite characters!
I wanna see it! My wife will watch anything with Bill Nighy so I think we'll catch it when it's released in the U.S. in August.

Watched Ninja Scroll again- it's been years since I watched it. Great animation, ulta-violent, excellent character development, more violence, great story, some violence, and Jubei just plain kicks ***!

cardero

Citizen Mod
The Boys In The Band
DVD/ Color/ 119 Mins./ R/ 1970
From director William Friedkin comes this trailblazing 1970s drama about a close-knit group of gay friends' reunion at their pal's birthday party, where snippets from each person's life are revealed throughout the evening. But when the liquor begins flowing freely, and then a straight male guest arrives unexpectedly at the party, the gay men begin to show their true colors -- some of which are less than pretty. Leonard Frey stars.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
The Boys In The Band
DVD/ Color/ 119 Mins./ R/ 1970
From director William Friedkin comes this trailblazing 1970s drama about a close-knit group of gay friends' reunion at their pal's birthday party, where snippets from each person's life are revealed throughout the evening. But when the liquor begins flowing freely, and then a straight male guest arrives unexpectedly at the party, the gay men begin to show their true colors -- some of which are less than pretty. Leonard Frey stars.
Important film that shows how far the GLBTQ community has come over the past 40 years. Watch Milk next if you haven't seen it yet.

cardero

Citizen Mod
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Theater/ Color/ 107 Mins./ PG-13/ 2009
Wolverine lives a mutant life, seeks revenge against Victor Creed (who will later become Sabertooth) for the death of his girlfriend, and ultimately ends up going through the mutant Weapon X program.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Wonder Showzen Season 1 (2 Disc Series)
DVD/ Color/ 240 Mins./ TV-MA/ 2005
If the folks behind South Park took over Sesame Street, you might get something resembling MTV2's hilarious Wonder Showzen, a profane, puppet-filled parody that is definitely not for children. Offering a mix of skits, kid-on-the-street interviews, animated segments and truly dark "educational films," Vernon Chatman and John Lee's cracked creation aims to both shock viewers senseless and make them laugh until they cry.

Last edited:

cardero

Citizen Mod
UltraChrist
DVD/ Color/ 92 Mins./ NR/ 2003
What would Jesus (Jonathan C. Green) do if he returned to Earth and discovered he was wildly out of touch with modern trends? Don a Spandex costume and fight sin on the streets of New York City, of course! But as always, he faces several obstacles: a disapproving Father (Don Creech); the Antichrist, in the guise of the New York City Parks Commissioner (Samuel Bruce Campbell); and the temptations of a beautiful seamstress (Celia A. Montgomery).

Watched Wolverine this evening, it was ok. A lot of impalings and no blood(12a) scariest scene in the movie= seeing captain Picard with really bad plastic surgery, he looked like a shaved cat.

gnomon

Michael Palin's travel documentaries.

Watched:
Around the World in 80 Days
Pole to Pole
Sahara

About to start Full Circle and finish off with Himalaya.