• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

cardero

Citizen Mod
Star Trek
Theater/ Color/ 126 Mins./ PG-13/ 2009
Capt. Kirk (Chris Pine) and his trusted team on the starship USS Enterprise boldly go where no man has gone before in this installment of Gene Roddenberry's sci-fi franchise that follows the early days of the intergalactic adventurers. The crew includes Spock (Zachary Quinto), Chekov (Anton Yelchin), Uhura (Zoe Saldana), Scotty (Simon Pegg) and Sulu (John Cho). Eric Bana co-stars, and Leonard Nimoy appears as an older version of Spock.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Star Trek
Theater/ Color/ 126 Mins./ PG-13/ 2009
Capt. Kirk (Chris Pine) and his trusted team on the starship USS Enterprise boldly go where no man has gone before in this installment of Gene Roddenberry's sci-fi franchise that follows the early days of the intergalactic adventurers. The crew includes Spock (Zachary Quinto), Chekov (Anton Yelchin), Uhura (Zoe Saldana), Scotty (Simon Pegg) and Sulu (John Cho). Eric Bana co-stars, and Leonard Nimoy appears as an older version of Spock.

What'd you think of it?

cardero

Citizen Mod
SPEED RACER
DVD/ Color/ 135 Mins./ PG/ 2008
javascript:void(0)Emile Hirsch (Into the Wild) stars as Speed in this big-screen adaptation of the popular 1960s-era Japanese animated series from directors Larry and Andy Wachowski, the minds behind the blockbuster Matrix trilogy. With the support of his parents (Susan Sarandon and John Goodman), his girlfriend, Trixie (Christina Ricci), and his onetime rival Racer X (Matthew Fox), Speed sets out to conquer a cross-country race known as the Crucible.

I know, I’m a year behind in summer movies.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Cemetery Man a.k.a. Dellamorte Dellamore
DVD/ Color/ 105 Mins./ NR/ 1996
Rupert Everett stars as an oddly unflappable cemetery watchman fighting off zombies in this droll send-up of 1950s drive-in horror flicks. With the dead on the rise, Francesco Dellamorte (Everett) and his half-wit sidekick (Francois Hadji-Lazaro) must be always at the ready to crack the corpses' skulls and send them back under. Featuring a pack of undead Boy Scouts and a severed-head love interest, Cemetery Man provides both chills and chuckles.

TIdeland- Terry Gilliam directs the dark , dark fairy tale world of Jeliza, a little girl ,who, recently orphaned takes a bus trip with her fathers corpse, with disembodied doll heads as advisors/tormentors she embarks on a distubing amoral journey that is at times uncomfortable to watch, Gilliam seems to have gone to the dark place for this one, but he is still the king.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Sword And The Dragon (MST3K version)
DVD/ Color/ 83 Mins./ NR/ 1956
Ilya is a cripple without the use of his legs. When he aids some weary travellers, they surprise him by giving him a potion that restores his legs. He immediately becomes powerful and sets off to prove himself to his King. Doing so, he fights the evil Tugars, a wind demon that looks like a cross between a goblin and The Noid, a zeppelin-like ambassador, and the evil Tugars. Ilya gets framed for a crime he didn't commit, then is freed, then finally dispatches the Tugars and their dragon.

How come no one ever speaks of these bizarre, surreal Russian/Finnish fantasy films of the 50's and 60's?

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman
". . .when you first see Spock's mom and realize who's playing her because her name isn't mentioned anywhere in conjunction with the movie really."

I guess this a generational thing. When I 1st saw her I remembered Jane Wyman and Mark Lenard. I had no idea who the actress was. I just looked her up and you know what? I STILL have no idea.

I did notice that Majal is still the voice of the computer.

Generational thing? and of what generation are you and of what generation do you think I am? I'm sorry, but I thought considering how many movies she's done and the fact that, though only 37, she's been steadily acting in movies for the past 22 years might mean a lot of people would recognize her. Perhaps I was wrong.

Sententia

Generational thing? and of what generation are you and of what generation do you think I am? I'm sorry, but I thought considering how many movies she's done and the fact that, though only 37, she's been steadily acting in movies for the past 22 years might mean a lot of people would recognize her. Perhaps I was wrong.

I didn't understand why a human was on the high council in the first place entrusted with safeguarding vulcan culture. Perhaps the vulcans are move evolved then us pathetic humans hehe.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Il portiere di notte a.k.a "The Night Porter" (The Criterion Collection)
DVD/ Color/ 118 Mins./ R./ 1974
The dark and melancholy story of a former teenage Nazi concentration camp inmate, Lucia, and the S.S. officer who was her torturer/lover, Max , who accidentally meet again in a Vienna hotel in 1957 where Max works as the night porter. They resume their sadomasochistic relationship, although Max's former S.S. comrades have something different in mind for them. The story unfolds like a gruesome dance of death.

Last edited:

OmarKhayyam

Saw Angels and Daemons. Better than I thought it was going to be. The premise is absurd but if you let that pass the rest is kinda fun. And I did love all those shots of Rome. And Castle Sant'Angelo. (I'm a big Puccini fan:D)

cardero

Citizen Mod
Confessions Of A Superhero
DVD/ Color/ 92 Mins./ R/ 2007
"Confessions of a Superhero" chronicles the lives of four mortal men and women who work as characters on the sidewalks of Hollywood Boulevard. This feature length documentary explores the fascination, obsession, and allure of fame through the eyes of these very unique people struggling to make it in Tinseltown.

cardero

Citizen Mod
THE KIDS IN THE HALL Season 1 (4 disc series)
DVD/ Color/ 630 Mins./ NR/ 1988
"The Kids in the Hall" are a sketch comedy troupe, set apart by their cross-dressing antics and seemingly infinite supply of unique characters. Although writer Paul Bellini, various extras, and sometimes even an actual woman appear in the sketches, for the most part, the five main cast members portray every single character themselves.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Martyrs
DVD/ Color/ 99 Mins./ UR/ 2008
Years after she escaped from an icy torture chamber in an abandoned slaughterhouse, Lucie (Mylène Jampanoï) enlists the help of her closest friend, Anna (Morjana Alaoui), to track down the family who tormented her and exact her revenge. But when Lucie and Anna investigate further, they discover that they've only scratched the surface of an unspeakably vile secret organization. Pascal Laugier directs this ultraviolent horror film.

A One Way road to despair.

Trey of Diamonds

Just saw Terminator yesterday, it was good, I enjoyed it. I've seen a lot of complaints but after seeing the movie I don't really understand them. I recommend the big screen for this one.

Yes, Star Trek is still the best this year. :D

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Watching Flight of the Living Dead.

Thought it was going to be a spoof, but it's a bonofide zombie flick. Best zombie-make up I've seen in a while too.