• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More opinions

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
What "christianity"? There are thousands of them in the US alone.

The most common denominator.

Most of the fundamentalist and pentacostal ones I have experienced (through friends, not membership) left me shaking my head and shocked by their attitudes toward anyone who wasn't them and their treatment of women.

Sure, but I'm not really talking about the behavior it causes and just about the core christian ideas.
This still applies in the most secular of catholics, who you wouldn't even recognize as "religious" unless (s)he told you. The very core principles, which is present in -to my knowledge- most all denominations.

Like the fall of man and the idea that mankind apparantly needs a "saviour" like jesus to be punished as a scapegoat. Which implies the idea that humans are "broken" -by default- and in need of fixing.

That, by itself already, is a rather poisonous idea imo.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I don't understand why you would think that a Christian would Not believe Jesus would guide the Congregation ( the church is the building ) until the end of times.
The "Church" is not "the building" since it comes from the Greek word "ecclesia", which means "community" or "assembly".

metis

So, since Pentecost Jesus has been with the Christian congregation no matter where located on Earth.
Paul said that the Church is "one body", not 30,000 bodies, and that Body was started by Jesus and then the Apostles that he appointed, and then with their appointees as well. Reread the book of Acts and keep this in mind as we see it getting played out there and in the Epistles.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The "Church" is not "the building" since it comes from the Greek word "ecclesia", which means "community" or "assembly".
Yes, agree, but many people speak of church buildings. Tour a church for example.
When we hear ' tour a church ' we don't think of ekklesia as touring the congregation.- Philemon 1:1-2; Romans 16:5
When he hear ' going to the chapel ' we don't think of going to the assembly or congregation but to a building.
Ekklesia (ecclesia) as the equal to the Hebrew word qahal' meaning: congregation or assembly.
So, to me there is a different association with the word church and the word for congregation or assembly.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Paul said that the Church is "one body", not 30,000 bodies, and that Body was started by Jesus and then the Apostles that he appointed, and then with their appointees as well. Reread the book of Acts and keep this in mind as we see it getting played out there and in the Epistles.
Yes, one true church or congregation just as gospel writer Luke forewarns us at Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30.
Warns us of oppressive wolves entering among the flock of God, just as Jesus does at Matthew 7:15.
Wolves who teach the flock what the flock wants to hear ( have their ears tickled ) - 2 Timothy 4:3-4.
The Harvest Time was Not the first century, but over the many centuries the genuine Christians would grow together with the fake/weed Christians until the Harvest Time, the conclusion or coming Glory Time of Matthew 25:31-33.
Coming Harvest Glory Time when Jesus separates the humble sheep from the haughty goats.
So, yes we see the Book of Acts played out just as written at Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30.

metis

Yes, one true church or congregation just as gospel writer Luke forewarns us at Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30.
Warns us of oppressive wolves entering among the flock of God, just as Jesus does at Matthew 7:15.
Wolves who teach the flock what the flock wants to hear ( have their ears tickled ) - 2 Timothy 4:3-4.
The Harvest Time was Not the first century, but over the many centuries the genuine Christians would grow together with the fake/weed Christians until the Harvest Time, the conclusion or coming Glory Time of Matthew 25:31-33.
Coming Harvest Glory Time when Jesus separates the humble sheep from the haughty goats.
So, yes we see the Book of Acts played out just as written at Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30.
Again, what you are ignoring is that Jesus promised he would guide the Church until the "end of time", which included what happened on Pentecost. Therefore, what you are in essence saying is that either Jesus lied or that he was in error, so which is it, iyo?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
...Or the idea that you are guilty by default, just for being a human.That merely being a human, somehow makes you deserve an eternity of torture.
The ^ above ^ I find is Not what the Bible teaches.
There is 'No eternity of torture in Scripture' but just destruction for the wicked - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22.
When the Bible was translated into English the word Gehenna was translated as hell fire.
Gehenna was a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were: destroyed.
So, 'Gehenna' is a fitting word for: destruction ( everlasting destruction ).
The wicked end up in ' second death ' - Revelation 21:8
In death there is No pain, just being un-conscious <- John 11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think it should have been abundantly clear that I was not referring to a building.
The 'Parish church' makes people think of the building and Not the congregation itself.
When someone says, " I'm going to church" most people think you are going to a building for a function.
Whereas, the congregation is inside the building. The congregation is Not inside the congregation.
Could we agree that language evolves over the years_____, what a word meant in the past is No longer up to date.
Even new words are coined. What would Moses think if today you asked Moses if he wanted a slice of pizza _____
But I appreciate that you wanted me to know that we are speaking about the congregation or assembly.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Again, what you are ignoring is that Jesus promised he would guide the Church until the "end of time", which included what happened on Pentecost. Therefore, what you are in essence saying is that either Jesus lied or that he was in error, so which is it, iyo?
Yes, Jesus would guide the 'Church the Christian congregation' - even past the end.
Not the end of time for Earth (Ecclesiastes 1:4 B) but the end of time for all badness on Earth.
Any comments about Matthew 13:24-29 ________________

Bear Wild

Please share it’s a two way street

Pride and self-interest proves fallen human nature, reason is defective: requiring divine revelation and Christian virtues

It was the church that created western civilization, pagan religion was barbaric.

Pagan barbarism is a result of fallen human nature corrected by the Christian culivilization, Grace, and virtues.

how many times have scientific theories been updated and corrected? (Almost always) Most of what’s called science is not even science but a faith based theory system.

just read the paper or science journal almost always
Scientists now believe......

Real science is done in a lab and is repeatable

The heavens declare the glory of God, why? They are ordered they had be an orderer or Creator, creating and ordering the laws of nature.

Justice, truth, and morals require the divine

Religion invented science, most scientist of the 1700’s to the 20th century were religious men, many priests, the oldest observatories or daily recorded weather staitions are located at monasteries, Louie Pasture etc. and the originator of the Big Bang theory was a priest!

Fake science and evolution as a means of avoiding the eternal moral law, the purpose atheism is to avoid the moral law, eliminate the moral law giver and you eliminate the moral law, evolution is used as a tool to do this, piltdown man and peeking man were missing link frauds perpetrated by Teilhard de Chardin a apostate priest and called science.

Again science is infallible!

Scientists now believe.................

Be precise there is a big difference in terms leading to misunderstandings

I love to fry fish my family and friends don’t fry your family and friends!
Punctuation matters

Hyper-critical people R whey 2 picky!

But Charity covers a multitude of sins!

Sorry I have not responded sooner but unfortunately being a barbaric pagan I have been too busy burning people at the stake who do not follow my precise religion. I mean it takes time for the preparation and all of the clean up. I also have been so busy just torturing all of those people just to get them to confess just so they can burn. I mean forcing people to convert against their will or belief consumes a lot of time. You have to terrify them that if they do not believe they will go to a hell and be in perpetual agony knowing there is no proof for that. But I have taken a little time out from my barbaric life to consider your position.

Ok you so are completely confused or brain washed about pagans and science and you want everyone to know that.

The

Bear Wild

Please share it’s a two way street

Pride and self-interest proves fallen human nature, reason is defective: requiring divine revelation and Christian virtues

It was the church that created western civilization, pagan religion was barbaric.

Pagan barbarism is a result of fallen human nature corrected by the Christian culivilization, Grace, and virtues.

how many times have scientific theories been updated and corrected? (Almost always) Most of what’s called science is not even science but a faith based theory system.

just read the paper or science journal almost always
Scientists now believe......

Real science is done in a lab and is repeatable

The heavens declare the glory of God, why? They are ordered they had be an orderer or Creator, creating and ordering the laws of nature.

Justice, truth, and morals require the divine

Religion invented science, most scientist of the 1700’s to the 20th century were religious men, many priests, the oldest observatories or daily recorded weather staitions are located at monasteries, Louie Pasture etc. and the originator of the Big Bang theory was a priest!

Fake science and evolution as a means of avoiding the eternal moral law, the purpose atheism is to avoid the moral law, eliminate the moral law giver and you eliminate the moral law, evolution is used as a tool to do this, piltdown man and peeking man were missing link frauds perpetrated by Teilhard de Chardin a apostate priest and called science.

Again science is infallible!

Scientists now believe.................

Be precise there is a big difference in terms leading to misunderstandings

I love to fry fish my family and friends don’t fry your family and friends!
Punctuation matters

Hyper-critical people R whey 2 picky!

But Charity covers a multitude of sins!

Truth, justice and morals have nothing to do with the divine. They are all prosocial behaviors created through the evolution of human brains with fancy words place to them to make them sound divine.

Real science is done in a lab or in the field so you got that one wrong.

Science theories are always being updated. You got that right but with the absolute incorrect conclusion.

If you want fake science I suggest you go to the intentional design or creationist websites and get your fill of real fake science.

Oh and atheists, pagans, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Christians, Jews and all of the other religions represented on this forum all follow morals/virtues that are amazingly similar and valid.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The ^ above ^ I find is Not what the Bible teaches.
There is 'No eternity of torture in Scripture' but just destruction for the wicked - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22.

Let's rephrase then.

"...that merely the fact of being human, makes you 'wicked' and deserve to be destroyed."

metis

Yes, Jesus would guide the 'Church the Christian congregation' - even past the end.
Not the end of time for Earth (Ecclesiastes 1:4 B) but the end of time for all badness on Earth.
Any comments about Matthew 13:24-29 ________________
You keep missing the point that the Gospel makes it abundantly clear that the Church wasand is a community that was not a free-for-all but was organized under the authority of Jesus, the Apostles, and their appointees.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Let's rephrase then.
"...that merely the fact of being human, makes you 'wicked' and deserve to be destroyed."

In Scripture the fact of now being human makes us ' unrighteous ' - Acts of the Apostles 24:15.
Unrighteous because of inherited imperfection inherited from fallen father Adam.
The ' righteous ' (<-declared because of Jesus' sacrifice) and the unrighteous are Not destroyed.
Both have the opportunity for everlasting life: Some to heaven, Most people to live forever on Earth.
The righteous and unrighteous who turn to be wicked are the ones destroyed - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35
In other words, those who refuse to repent 'from evil ways' will perish ( be destroyed ) - 2 Peter 3:9

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
In Scripture the fact of now being human makes us ' unrighteous ' - Acts of the Apostles 24:15.

You're just confirming my point, dude.

Using different words is not going to make it better.

ACTIONS make one righteous/unrighteous/wicked/moral/immoral/guilty/....

Not "being a member of species X".

If you would say the same about "black people", you'ld be a disgusting racist.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You're just confirming my point, dude.
Using different words is not going to make it better.
ACTIONS make one righteous/unrighteous/wicked/moral/immoral/guilty/...........
I did Not write the different words found at Acts of the Apostles 24:15
Yes, showing faith (actions) makes one's beliefs as being either alive or being dead - James 2:26; James 2:17
Please notice what ACTION Jesus uses that makes one righteous or not found at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You keep missing the point that the Gospel makes it abundantly clear that the Church wasand is a community that was not a free-for-all but was organized under the authority of Jesus, the Apostles, and their appointees.
Yes, under Jesus' authority - Hebrews 3:1-2
Yes, just as the 1st-century congregation of God was Not a free-for-all but: organized.
An organized organization just as we can read organizationally described at 1 Timothy 3:1-16; Titus 2:1-10.