• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More opinions

Jeremiah Ames

This is called a "Gish gallop". Too many false assertions in a short post than any sane person can debunk in a book. It is considered a disingenuous tactic. (It is also a kind of trolling.)
I don't know if you knew that and did it intentionally or if you were not aware of it. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and apply Hanlon's Razor.
So, if your intention is to debate any or all of your statements, it would be better to separate them into multiple OPs.

Do you understand the fallacy of using the Gish gallop and the importance of discussing things separately?

indeed, my thought as well

i am not in the mood to unpack so many problematic statements in one post

Proving defective reason

How come nobody (that’s an angel) says you’re reason is defective so we won’t listen to you! See how defective we are.

If you say “there is no such a thing as absolute truth” are you making a statement of absolute truth?

Actually it was rome that created both Western (and Eastern) civilisation and the Christian church.

Much of Christianity is based on paganism, no correction required

Did you not know. Thats what science does, it learns. And i am not quite sure that you understand the meaning of scientific theory.

Well, the repeatable bit is right, as for lab, the whole universe is a lab.

You forgot to say that they disregarded religious dogma to drive sciencist forward.

And here i give up in laughter

View attachment 51591

Thanks for sharing
As I said before irrational and Intellectually dishonest
The reason science is continually updating is that it is not chained to rigid dogmatism. As new data emerges science willingly embraces.

So they admit they were wrong and defective? Then why ever believe them?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Science tells science there is nothing new.

Evolution he says cooling is from the last science attack on God earth and life.

When attack happened not natural it happened to natural. So science a human gave it names as he doesn't stop naming anything he says I newly discover.

So you ask science was Jesus real?

No. I named it's circumstance myself as I reviewed the attack. It really happened the attack but the naming of it is false.

As natural didn't change itself. Humans forced natural to change. Then discuss it afterwards as a lesson.

In other words was life meant to be attacked?

Basic question for self destructive human thinking.

Then there is a lot of excuses as science itself is motivated to resource because it has to give his inventing machines life too.

His reasoning as to who cares if life gets harmed I want what I want.

So we said science is our life destroyer and meant it. Science manipulated information about causes.

Said life had to be attacked to save the life of his dead machine.

As his machine not the living God mass saved by water microbial cooling history had removed the life of god minerals by melt so the false God thesis for machine eventually attacked life by causes.

Machine = machine why temple using machines with pyramid melted it's steps. The equals answer in science was his own beginning thesis that begins with his machine building strings.

In creation any past reaction ended. God only owned the end. So there was never any beginning.

To begin again meant to react. Forced upon natural by man scientist.

Where did you get wrong from my post?

They're believable because they admit humility in the presence of knowledge. If they are ever wrong they're willing to admit to it. Not like certain dogma chains I shouldn't mention.
Where did you get wrong from my post?

They're believable because they admit humility in the presence of knowledge. If they are ever wrong they're willing to admit to it. Not like certain dogma chains I shouldn't mention.

Ok they were mistaken
Dogma is revealed by God and cannot be error, Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13 and cannot be reformed it is revealed truth and is immutable

thanks for sharing at least you’re honest
Most are irrational and intellectually dishonest

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Please share it’s a two way street

Pride and self-interest proves fallen human nature, reason is defective: requiring divine revelation and Christian virtues

It was the church that created western civilization, pagan religion was barbaric.

Pagan barbarism is a result of fallen human nature corrected by the Christian culivilization, Grace, and virtues.

how many times have scientific theories been updated and corrected? (Almost always) Most of what’s called science is not even science but a faith based theory system.

just read the paper or science journal almost always
Scientists now believe......

Real science is done in a lab and is repeatable

The heavens declare the glory of God, why? They are ordered they had be an orderer or Creator, creating and ordering the laws of nature.

Justice, truth, and morals require the divine

Religion invented science, most scientist of the 1700’s to the 20th century were religious men, many priests, the oldest observatories or daily recorded weather staitions are located at monasteries, Louie Pasture etc. and the originator of the Big Bang theory was a priest!

Fake science and evolution as a means of avoiding the eternal moral law, the purpose atheism is to avoid the moral law, eliminate the moral law giver and you eliminate the moral law, evolution is used as a tool to do this, piltdown man and peeking man were missing link frauds perpetrated by Teilhard de Chardin a apostate priest and called science.

Again science is infallible!

Scientists now believe.................

Be precise there is a big difference in terms leading to misunderstandings

I love to fry fish my family and friends don’t fry your family and friends!
Punctuation matters

Hyper-critical people R whey 2 picky!

But Charity covers a multitude of sins!
I have a friend with a artificial leg named Steve.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member

Pride and self-interest proves fallen human nature, reason is defective: requiring divine revelation and Christian virtues

It was the church that created western civilization, pagan religion was barbaric.

Pagan barbarism is a result of fallen human nature corrected by the Christian culivilization, Grace, and virtues.

how many times have scientific theories been updated and corrected? (Almost always) Most of what’s called science is not even science but a faith based theory system.

The heavens declare the glory of God, why? They are ordered they had be an orderer or Creator, creating and ordering the laws of nature.

Religion invented science, most scientist of the 1700’s to the 20th century were religious men, many priests, the oldest observatories or daily recorded weather staitions are located at monasteries, Louie Pasture etc. and the originator of the Big Bang theory was a priest!

Fake science and evolution as a means of avoiding the eternal moral law, the purpose atheism is to avoid the moral law, eliminate the moral law giver and you eliminate the moral law, evolution is used as a tool to do this, piltdown man and peeking man were missing link frauds perpetrated by Teilhard de Chardin a apostate priest and called science.

Punctuation matters

I have done plenty of science in the field. No labs within many miles.

Lots of evolution research has taken place in a lab. Good to know you consider it real science. It is.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Punctuation matters

If Christianity is so great, why do more and more people leave it for other beliefs or even no belief?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
And Christianity tenets and moral precepts are so uncontroversial that there exist only a few thousands denominations. Not to speak of the other religions.

i mean, are you sure?

ciao

- viole

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
OK :)

What Christian virtues?

Like slavery, mass extinctions of indigenous people, etc.... you mean?

How is your computer, vehicle, warm home? Do you like the Hubble's amazing images? Well?

The heavens are in chaos. All is chaos.

Christianity has not shown much of those.

Well then! Try listening to them instead of trying to fit Christianity in to the gaps. :)

Look..... Christianity is very dangerous for the civilised world, because many Christians believe that only they 'indwell in the arms of God' etc, and that all other religions, cultures and folks in the world are walking with evil. .... Such total junk, and very very dangerous.

.....and so much of what you believe is false in my opinion

......really.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
[Concerning science] So they admit they were wrong and defective? Then why ever believe them?
Perhaps if you looked at science more as a process of chipping away to uncover the truth (or reality, whichever you prefer), such that early theories to account for what we see/experience usually get overlaid with better ones when we inevitably get more evidence and/or understanding, then you might not be so harsh towards science. Scientists, it seems to me, are not the ones to lay down firm beliefs that can't be contradicted but we do have evidence that religious beliefs are often such - as you and many more on RF demonstrate all too well. :oops:

Last edited:

GardenLady

Pagan barbarism is a result of fallen human nature corrected by the Christian culivilization, Grace, and virtues

As others have noted, this attitude has been the cause of much suffering. Suppression of cultures and religions, coerced "conversion" at the point of a sword or the thread of burning, slavery, and genocide. There is nothing of "grace and virtues" whatsoever in this attitude.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Then why are secular democracies the best countries to live in?
The higher the religiosity of a society, the lower the overall health index of that society.

No. It was ancient (pagan) Rome. In a real sense, I could argue that Julius Ceasar is the father of western civilization.

In reality though, current western civilization is the result of everything that came before it. There is no single culture or civilization that can be deemed responsible for it.

So we're just going to ignore 2000 years of christian barbarism?

how many times have scientific theories been updated and corrected? (Almost always)

It's called "learning" and "progress". It's a good thing.

Most of what’s called science is not even science but a faith based theory system.

:rolleyes:

Maybe you should learn how science works before saying stupid things like that.

Yes. As new data comes in, as new research is conducted,... scientists learn more about the world around them. And correct / alter / improve their models of reality accordingly.

It's how progress is made.

Depends on the science. For example, if you study supervolcano's or super nova's, that's going to be a bit hard to reproduce in a lab.....

Preaching.

No. Au contraire actually. Religion usually stands in the way of all three.

Religion invented science, most scientist of the 1700’s to the 20th century were religious men

Maybe, just maybe, that was the case because secular society didn't exist at that time and the authorities of the state WERE the authorities of religion and literally everyone was pretty much religious?

Today, it's more the opposite. The higher educated someone is, the least likely it is that they are religious.

and the originator of the Big Bang theory was a priest!

Yes, George LeMaitre was a catholic priest. He was also a cosmologist associated with the Belgian university of Leuven. He developed his cosmological theory in context of him being a cosmologist. It was not a theological work.

In fact............ when he came up with his model, the pope at the time jumped on it to turn it into a religious argument. LeMaitre then responded by sending a letter to the Vatican, politely asking him to not do that as it was a scientific model, not a religious one.

Fake science and evolution as a means of avoiding the eternal moral law,

Evolution theory is concerned with the biological diversity of life. It has nothing to do with morals.

the purpose atheism is to avoid the moral law,

That makes zero sense. This is just another pathetic religious attempt to try and bash atheists.

eliminate the moral law giver and you eliminate the moral law,

Au contraire. Eliminate the "perceived authority" and you open the door for actual moral reasoning instead of mere blind obedience to a perceived authority.

This is the difference between:
"X is bad because Y says so"
and
"X is bad because of these rational reasons and arguments"

[quot]
evolution is used as a tool to do this[/quote]

No. Again, evolution is only concerned with biological diversity. It has nothing whatsoever to say about morality or how to organize a society.

, piltdown man and peeking man were missing link frauds perpetrated by Teilhard de Chardin a apostate priest and called science.

And the only reason you know about frauds, is because evolutionary biologists and other evolution-accepting scientists exposed them as such.

Also, the fact that you choose to focus on a handful of frauds while ignoring the mountains upon mountains of legit evidence, shows your intellectual dishonest in your approach to this topic.

It absolutely isn't. It is in fact the strength of science that it isn't seen as such.

It's religion, in fact, that is seen by infallible by its followers. It's what creates the intellectual dishonesty and dogmatic thinking that posts like yours reflect ow so clearly.