• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More opinions

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I did Not write the different words found at Acts of the Apostles 24:15
Yes, showing faith (actions) makes one's beliefs as being either alive or being dead - James 2:26; James 2:17
Please notice what ACTION Jesus uses that makes one righteous or not found at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.

Believing something, is not an "action" that makes one "wicked" or "immoral" or "moral" or "righteous".
It's not even an "action". It's a thought.

You're seriously missing the point.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Believing something, is not an "action" that makes one "wicked" or "immoral" or "moral" or "righteous". It's not even an "action". It's a thought........................
.....and I find we can dismiss a thought or act upon a thought. We can ' repent ' if we don't want to ' perish ' according to 2 Peter 3:9 because God in His undeserved kindness is trying to lead us to repentance.- Romans 2:4.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Exactly, and it has remained that way even though some political splitting occurred over the centuries.
I find it very interesting that you say about some ' political splitting ' occurred over the centuries '.
To me this is exactly the 'political splitting' we find about the HUGE political statue of Daniel chapter 2.
From Daniel's day now down to our day to the political statue's feet of Daniel 2:42-45.
Jesus as that figurative ' stone ' will hit that political statue's feet causing all splitting to be gone forever.
Seems to me we are closer to the time of the political statue's toes, or even closer to the time of its toenails !

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I find it very interesting that you say about some ' political splitting ' occurred over the centuries '.
To me this is exactly the 'political splitting' we find about the HUGE political statue of Daniel chapter 2.
From Daniel's day now down to our day to the political statue's feet of Daniel 2:42-45.
Jesus as that figurative ' stone ' will hit that political statue's feet causing all splitting to be gone forever.
Seems to me we are closer to the time of the political statue's toes, or even closer to the time of its toenails !
In the area of religion, since very little can be objectively proven, splits will occur and have. Two sets of my neighbors split from the JW's, for example, so this is not uncommon historically with the Church.

But this doesn't take away from the historical fact that the Church stated out as one as the Gospel rather clearly shows. Thus, Jesus and the Apostles and their appointees formed the early Church, and that "Assembly", which is what "ecclesia" means, obviously could not be the JW's.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In the area of religion, since very little can be objectively proven, splits will occur and have. Two sets of my neighbors split from the JW's, for example, so this is not uncommon historically with the Church. ...........................
I know several people who split from their different churches to other places of worship. Not un-common.
( one young Catholic mother was rather ill after birth (1966) and the priest told her is would be wrong to practice birth control for a year as her doctor advised ) To this day she has Not returned to the Catholic church.
Remember the genuine 'wheat' grows together with the fake 'weed/tares' until the Harvest Time - Matthew 13:30.
Jesus is the one who decides who are his figurative ' sheep ' of Matthew 25:37 and who are Not.