• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark of the Beast

Viker

Häxan
inject everyone one earth with some kind of a ‘vaccination’ shot
But that's in the shoulder or butt not the right hand or forehead. And vaccines usually go into the left shoulder, I think it makes them work better or faster...I dunno.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What exactly is the thing that is the mark? A tattoo? A microchip? A bracelet or headband?
Social security numbers.
Wait, no that claim wasn't true.
Oh! Credit cards!
No, we learned that's silly.
Store discount cards!
The Kroger card wasn't it either.
Ooo! Computer chips implanted in the hand! That's the Mark of the Beast!
What? We don't have those?

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
What exactly is the thing that is the mark?

Certainly some type of technological device.

The mark and the number of the Beast are mentioned at the end of Revelation 13. Then, Revelation 14:1 says this:

Then I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him 144,000 who had His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads. (Rev. 14.1, NASB)

There is a contrast: those who have the name of the Beast on their foreheads (or hands), and those with the names of the Lamb and his Father on their foreheads. Considering that Christians don’t have the names as microchips or tattoos, I would think that John of Patmos didn’t think any of these names—Heavenly or otherwise—were physical marks. Maybe it’s just a matter of who does one belong to and serve?

InChrist

Free4ever
The apocalypse begins by warning Christians to repent, so this book is about us not us versus the world The worshippers of the beast are among us.

I see a problem with dismissing this possibility, and I see a tendency for the church to point fingers when its real problems are internal. It can weather any storm outside. Significant problems arise inside.

There are many such indications, like the stars which fall to earth and the people tormented by scorpions. They are not tormented pointlessly but to wake them up.
Yes, the first three chapters are addressed to the church/s and I think have application to the church and Christians through history and in the final days of the church age of grace. Then the following two chapters reveal the heavenly realm. After this, the focus is again on the earth and the Seal judgements… no further mention of the church. The focus becomes those of the world and the nation of Israel.

InChrist

Free4ever
Some Protestant Christians, especially in the last 150 years or so, have become obsessed with interpreting present-day events as fulfillments of Biblical prophecy. And of course, over and over again, they've been wrong (remember when people thought Obama was the Anti-Christ? Or that COVID vaccines were the mark? :tearsofjoy:). And every few years they "update" their interpretations.

Rather than waste time on reading the tea leaves of modern events through Biblical prophecy, only to realize how silly their beliefs were in a couple years, it seems like Christians would do more good to practice better loving their neighbor.
No doubt there have been some Christians obsessed and those who have misinterpreted biblical prophecy and world events. Nevertheless, Jesus said to watch and pray. Prophecy is included in the scriptures for a reason; to provide awareness. I don’t see any reason why a Christian can’t watch prophetic events playing out, as well as loving and serving others.

InChrist

Free4ever
But that's in the shoulder or butt not the right hand or forehead. And vaccines usually go into the left shoulder, I think it makes them work better or faster...I dunno.
I don’t think vaccines are the mark of the beast.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
No doubt there have been some Christians obsessed and those who have misinterpreted biblical prophecy and world events. Nevertheless, Jesus said to watch and pray. Prophecy is included in the scriptures for a reason; to provide awareness. I don’t see any reason why a Christian can’t watch prophetic events playing out, as well as loving and serving others.

If you've seen many other Christians get their interpretations of prophecy wrong over and over, it should give you pause not to put much stock in whatever the newest version of prophecy interpretation is. Jesus famously said no one knows the day or the hour and it will come like a thief in the night. One would think that is pretty clear: when it happens you're not gonna expect it. So rather than put energy into a fool's errand, it makes more sense to focus on what we can control and be sure about, such as how we treat others.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Certainly some type of technological device.
Have you ever wondered how end times Christians interpreted that for the nearly 2000 years they've been reading that before there was any inkling of modern technologies? Do you think maybe they interpreted it in the context of their worlds, the same as you are yours today? And do you ever wonder if you and those you select on the Internet to support your ideas are any bit different than the believer who was certain the mark the beast was maybe the handle on a butter churner in their day and age?
“What is the biblical definition of the Mark of the Beast? According to Revelation 13, it is a device that goes in the human body in the back of the right hand or in the forehead, for the purpose of buying and selling.

Really? It's a "device" is it? Can he support that with a shred of scripture? Why not a tatoo? Why a "device", as if it were technolical in nature? That's him reading modern reality into scripture which doesn't say that.
Whatever form the final Mark takes, that’s exactly what it will do from a functional, literal perspective. Bill Gates and Microsoft are spending billions in order to 1). inject everyone one earth with some kind of a ‘vaccination’ shot,
Oh lord in heaven!! Pure conspiracy paranoid delusionment. What does Microsoft have to do with vaccines???
2). create a device for buying and selling currency that’s run on the human body as it’s battery, and
This is your source for Biblical knowledge? Why?? He's just making stuff up out of pure fanciful speculation and a fear based, paranoid imagination. He's unstable, in other words.
3). attach both those things to a digital identification from ID2020whom they also fund. Please note that zero amount of what is said within this paragraph is speculation of any kind, click the links, it’s happening now.”
Really? It is nothing but pure delusional fantasies. None of that is happening.
Seriously, you should look deeply into why you choose such fringe sources like this. This is pure fear-based religion, and lacks any spiritual truth whatsoever to it. It isn't faith. It's fear.

InChrist

Free4ever
Have you ever wondered how end times Christians interpreted that for the nearly 2000 years they've been reading that before there was any inkling of modern technologies? Do you think maybe they interpreted it in the context of their worlds, the same as you are yours today? And do you ever wonder if you and those you select on the Internet to support your ideas are any bit different than the believer who was certain the mark the beast was maybe the handle on a butter churner in their day and age?

Really? It's a "device" is it? Can he support that with a shred of scripture? Why not a tatoo? Why a "device", as if it were technolical in nature? That's him reading modern reality into scripture which doesn't say that.

Oh lord in heaven!! Pure conspiracy paranoid delusionment. What does Microsoft have to do with vaccines???

This is your source for Biblical knowledge? Why?? He's just making stuff up out of pure fanciful speculation and a fear based, paranoid imagination. He's unstable, in other words.

Really? It is nothing but pure delusional fantasies. None of that is happening.

Seriously, you should look deeply into why you choose such fringe sources like this. This is pure fear-based religion, and lacks any spiritual truth whatsoever to it. It isn't faith. It's fear.
Sure believers interpreted the prophetic scriptures in the context of their world. Nevertheless, certain key indicators are in place which were not in the past, namely; Israel is a nation back in their land again and technology has advanced to the point of making global manipulation, surveillance and control feasible.
It not fear, not just even faith, but fact…

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sure believers interpreted the prophetic scriptures in the context of their world. Nevertheless, certain key indicators are in place which were not in the past,
I'm quite certain upon being challenged by other more wiser souls in their day, they would have made a very similar argument in defense of their choice in belief as well. It's not any different. "Yeah, but now we are really in the last days, because..... unlike before, today we see....," said end time believers in the year 1329.
namely; Israel is a nation back in their land again and technology has advanced to the point of making global manipulation, surveillance and control feasible.
But the only thing I see in scripture, namely in the book of Revelation, is that they have to have an ID of sorts to buy or sell good, and it likely was a type of tattoo, as opposed anything else.

Having mass control in place with today's technology wasn't necessary for mass control of the past. Informants, spies, martial law, and so forth. That's been going on for the past 4000 years without computer systems. All those do is simply make it easier, but it's not like it wasn't possible until now.

And what did the author of Revelation really mean anyway? The whole 666 thing, the coded messages about Rome were all written for his day and age. It wasn't until the last 100 years here in America that certain fringe Protestant ministers started reading the Bible in ways that became popularized by such books as Hal Lindsey's the Late Great Planet Earth.

Doesn't it seem the least bit odd to you that that sort of reading seems to have escaped all the scholars and theologians for all those 1900 years until these fundamentalist ministers figured it all out? That doesn't seem in the least bit suspicious to you? It certainly does to me.
No, it's fear. It's a fear based theology. It's the God of Fear theology.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, the first three chapters are addressed to the church/s and I think have application to the church and Christians through history and in the final days of the church age of grace. Then the following two chapters reveal the heavenly realm. After this, the focus is again on the earth and the Seal judgements… no further mention of the church. The focus becomes those of the world and the nation of Israel.
There are seven of each seal. I'm not saying it is definitive, but that resembles a cycle. It might (I think it does) convey that these are ongoing things and not one-time things.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Social security numbers.
Wait, no that claim wasn't true.
Oh! Credit cards!
No, we learned that's silly.
Store discount cards!
The Kroger card wasn't it either.
Ooo! Computer chips implanted in the hand! That's the Mark of the Beast!
What? We don't have those?
Isn't it a shame that the Bible is so damn vague on so many issues that believers have to get creative and try to figure out what the hell God is on about? If only believers were Gods they could just state what the mark is and we can all get on with other topics.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I'm quite certain upon being challenged by other more wiser souls in their day, they would have made a very similar argument in defense of their choice in belief as well. It's not any different. "Yeah, but now we are really in the last days, because..... unlike before, today we see....," said end time believers in the year 1329.

But the only thing I see in scripture, namely in the book of Revelation, is that they have to have an ID of sorts to buy or sell good, and it likely was a type of tattoo, as opposed anything else.

Having mass control in place with today's technology wasn't necessary for mass control of the past. Informants, spies, martial law, and so forth. That's been going on for the past 4000 years without computer systems. All those do is simply make it easier, but it's not like it wasn't possible until now.

And what did the author of Revelation really mean anyway? The whole 666 thing, the coded messages about Rome were all written for his day and age. It wasn't until the last 100 years here in America that certain fringe Protestant ministers started reading the Bible in ways that became popularized by such books as Hal Lindsey's the Late Great Planet Earth.

Doesn't it seem the least bit odd to you that that sort of reading seems to have escaped all the scholars and theologians for all those 1900 years until these fundamentalist ministers figured it all out? That doesn't seem in the least bit suspicious to you? It certainly does to me.
I remember the Late Great planet Earth and it caused quite a bit of fear and controversy during the cold war tension of the 1980's. Of course all of Lindsey's predictions failed to materialize, but he made his money and fame. I found out recently that he wrote a followup. I guess he wasn't done selling bad predictions to people eager to believe nonsense and feel special.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Isn't it a shame that the Bible is so damn vague on so many issues that believers have to get creative and try to figure out what the hell God is on about? If only believers were Gods they could just state what the mark is and we can all get on with other topics.
Yup. And sad the lengths and depths of intellectual depravity they'll go through. No joke, I remember when the Kroger crad came out people started talking stupid with their Mark of the Beast nonsense. When something that exists for marketing and advertising purposes and coercing customer loyalty becomes an object of religious scorn because of thr alleged parallels between that and mistranslated, misunderstood and very vague passages from a letter addressed to a cluster of churches that existed over 1000 years ago it is seriously time to reexamine your beliefs anf probably just ditch those for something grounded in reality.

InChrist

Free4ever

No, it's fear. It's a fear based theology. It's the God of Fear theology.
The writings of John in the book of Revelation were visions of future events on a global scale. So the mark of the beast wasn’t referring to a past tattoo requirement for buying, selling, etc. in a local region or Rome alone, enforced by spies, martial law or some such means. Notice the globally inclusive language; every tribe, every tongue and nation. This requires technology to connect and control everyone in the world.

So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”5 And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months. 6 Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. 7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, every tongue, and nation. 8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. 15 He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Revelation 13:4-8; 14-17

It doesn’t seem odd to me that past scholars or Bible believers didn’t fully understand the prophetic scriptures, since these are progressively unfolding through history and on the world scene. So as they occur many prophecies clarify the nearness of the end of the church age and coming Tribulation period. As it is stated in Danial 12:9…
And he said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
It’s not about fear at all. Maybe you have fear concerning the subject, I have nothing to fear….

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
That interpretation limits the apocalypse to a timeframe. It begs the question why the book is preserved and canonized. What insights and benefits are in this book that make it timeless are its calls to patience and repentance and its warnings.
It is generally believed amongst many theologians that Revelation was written for the fledgling Church community to remind them that no matter what may happen, keeping the faith was paramount. Again, the words dealing with "666" were put in the present tense as the author says those who are wise would know who it is.

That same message can and has resonated through the centuries as that basic teaching still applies.

InChrist

Free4ever
The mark and the number of the Beast are mentioned at the end of Revelation 13. Then, Revelation 14:1 says this:

Then I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him 144,000 who had His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads. (Rev. 14.1, NASB)

There is a contrast: those who have the name of the Beast on their foreheads (or hands), and those with the names of the Lamb and his Father on their foreheads. Considering that Christians don’t have the names as microchips or tattoos, I would think that John of Patmos didn’t think any of these names—Heavenly or otherwise—were physical marks. Maybe it’s just a matter of who does one belong to and serve?
Certainly to whom one belongs and serves, whether the beast or God is relevant, but the 144,000 mentioned in Revelation are specifically from the tribes of Israel, chosen for a special ministry during the Tribulation Period. Then and only then will these servants of God receive the seal on their forehead. This seal is not applicable to Christians.

Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.” 4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed:
Revelation 7:3-4