• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark of the Beast

InChrist

Free4ever
Will you take the Mark of the Beast if it’s required to participate in the financial system and to purchase food?

“And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name” (Revelation 13:16-17).

This prophecy, of course, is about the 666 mark those of the Tribulation era must receive—or otherwise be killed, as the prophecy goes on to indicate. It involves the personal pledge of worship to Antichrist that allows people to interact within the economic system of that horrific time.

To most believers who have deeply considered this future time Jesus said will be the worst of all human history (Matthew 24:21), there is little doubt that artificial intelligence (AI) will play a major part in fulfilling Antichrist’s ability to, for a time, control almost all of the world’s population. That swiftly developing technology will, without a doubt, be used to control who eats and who doesn’t.”

Viker

Häxan
I want to make sure, just in case. I'd like to buy food and gas and stuff. And I don't like getting murdered over a misunderstanding.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Will you take the Mark of the Beast if it’s required to participate in the financial system and to purchase food?

“And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name” (Revelation 13:16-17).

This prophecy, of course, is about the 666 mark those of the Tribulation era must receive—or otherwise be killed, as the prophecy goes on to indicate. It involves the personal pledge of worship to Antichrist that allows people to interact within the economic system of that horrific time.

To most believers who have deeply considered this future time Jesus said will be the worst of all human history (Matthew 24:21), there is little doubt that artificial intelligence (AI) will play a major part in fulfilling Antichrist’s ability to, for a time, control almost all of the world’s population. That swiftly developing technology will, without a doubt, be used to control who eats and who doesn’t.”
Some people think Revelation is about a particular time. I consider the visions of Revelation to be cyclical: like Joshua's circling of Jericho. We're going round & round our goal until some unknown time when is the final day. Therefore the mark of the beast is not something we can see, just as the woman clothed with the sun is not or just as we cannot tell wheat from tares. I think we cannot know the time of the end, just as Joshua is not told how many times he must circle Jericho.

We all have the mark of the beast if we are part of the financial system. That is the implication, but we aren't worshiping visibly the beast or asking for our hands or foreheads to be marked. We're just complying and participating in the world's system. This is worship of the beast. To imagine that the world is fine as it is and that our money is clean seems naive to me, and that is how I see the calendarizing of Revelation. It is a denial that we are doing anything wrong when we are participating in the world. How else can we get along? Money is a compromise with evil. When we pay money it is always used for evil somehow, but money is doing what the churches have failed to do so far: unite people. So we are stuck with it, going round and round like Joshua around Jericho or like Israel in the desert. I think Jesus prayer is still being answered: for his followers to be united and that we are all a bit dirty compared to the people who are to come in the far future.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
"666" was recognized during the writing of Revelation since the author says one will know whom it is as it's put in the present tense. Many theologians believe it's a reference to Caesar Nero whose name numerically is 666. I think the other variation is "626".

F1fan

Veteran Member

I remember this being a thing back in the 1970's among evangelicals. I think it was credit cards. Then I heard it was a tattoo for some identification. Is it still a thing among evangelicals? I suggest a MGA hat is a pretty good sign of evil.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I wouldn't but I'm sure all these rich folk at the fancy churches around here would.

InChrist

Free4ever
I wouldn't but I'm sure all these rich folk at the fancy churches around here would.
You are likely correct that many rich folks at fancy churches will take the mark of the beast. I do think it will be required across all socioeconomic lines, though.

InChrist

Free4ever
Some people think Revelation is about a particular time. I consider the visions of Revelation to be cyclical: like Joshua's circling of Jericho. We're going round & round our goal until some unknown time when is the final day. Therefore the mark of the beast is not something we can see, just as the woman clothed with the sun is not or just as we cannot tell wheat from tares. I think we cannot know the time of the end, just as Joshua is not told how many times he must circle Jericho.

We all have the mark of the beast if we are part of the financial system. That is the implication, but we aren't worshiping visibly the beast or asking for our hands or foreheads to be marked. We're just complying and participating in the world's system. This is worship of the beast. To imagine that the world is fine as it is and that our money is clean seems naive to me, and that is how I see the calendarizing of Revelation. It is a denial that we are doing anything wrong when we are participating in the world. How else can we get along? Money is a compromise with evil. When we pay money it is always used for evil somehow, but money is doing what the churches have failed to do so far: unite people. So we are stuck with it, going round and round like Joshua around Jericho or like Israel in the desert. I think Jesus prayer is still being answered: for his followers to be united and that we are all a bit dirty compared to the people who are to come in the far future.
I do think the great tribulation period spoken of in Revelation refers to a particular 7 year time frame, although that doesn’t discount that past biblical events were examples or foreshadows.
Jesus Himself referred to this specific time…

…For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.
Matthew 24:21-22

I agree that money and the financial system is tied to corruption and evil, but I don’t think at this point it is directly linked to worship of a particular antichrist world leader demanding allegiance and worship, with the ability to enforce it, as is shown to occur in the book of Revelation.

Just my thoughts.

InChrist

Free4ever
What exactly is the thing that is the mark? A tattoo? A microchip? A bracelet or headband?

Certainly some type of technological device. I suppose you will find out the specific details or kind of device soon enough. The linked article highlights one possibility in the works which could be used when the time, circumstances, and global antichrist leader are in place…

“What is the biblical definition of the Mark of the Beast? According to Revelation 13, it is a device that goes in the human body in the back of the right hand or in the forehead, for the purpose of buying and selling. Whatever form the final Mark takes, that’s exactly what it will do from a functional, literal perspective. Bill Gates and Microsoft are spending billions in order to 1). inject everyone one earth with some kind of a ‘vaccination’ shot, 2). create a device for buying and selling currency that’s run on the human body as it’s battery, and 3). attach both those things to a digital identification from ID2020whom they also fund. Please note that zero amount of what is said within this paragraph is speculation of any kind, click the links, it’s happening now.”

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
"666" was recognized during the writing of Revelation since the author says one will know whom it is as it's put in the present tense. Many theologians believe it's a reference to Caesar Nero whose name numerically is 666. I think the other variation is "626".
That interpretation limits the apocalypse to a timeframe. It begs the question why the book is preserved and canonized. What insights and benefits are in this book that make it timeless are its calls to patience and repentance and its warnings.
I agree that money and the financial system is tied to corruption and evil, but I don’t think at this point it is directly linked to worship of a particular antichrist world leader demanding allegiance and worship, with the ability to enforce it, as is shown to occur in the book of Revelation.
The apocalypse begins by warning Christians to repent, so this book is about us not us versus the world The worshippers of the beast are among us.

I see a problem with dismissing this possibility, and I see a tendency for the church to point fingers when its real problems are internal. It can weather any storm outside. Significant problems arise inside.

There are many such indications, like the stars which fall to earth and the people tormented by scorpions. They are not tormented pointlessly but to wake them up.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

Some Protestant Christians, especially in the last 150 years or so, have become obsessed with interpreting present-day events as fulfillments of Biblical prophecy. And of course, over and over again, they've been wrong (remember when people thought Obama was the Anti-Christ? Or that COVID vaccines were the mark? :tearsofjoy:). And every few years they "update" their interpretations.

Rather than waste time on reading the tea leaves of modern events through Biblical prophecy, only to realize how silly their beliefs were in a couple years, it seems like Christians would do more good to practice better loving their neighbor.