• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marijuana - Is it truly evil?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It can be a problem because people go to any extents to get it.
I strongly feel that is the case only because of it being illegal. While the extents are rarely as extreme as other drugs such as meth or coke, if marijuana was legal, there would be no reason to steal money for it, or even kill people over deals gone bad.

I know that. If it was legalised, then there would be no problem with it. I saw one film where a man tried to sell his (he was on probation) his daughter for marijuana. If it was legalised, this would have never have happend in the first place.

kyky

Genesis 1:29, 30 "God said, 'See, I give you every seed-bearing plant that is upon all the earth, and every tree that has seed bearing fruit; they shall be yours for food. And to all the animals on land, to all the birds of the sky, and to everything that creeps on earth, in which there is the breath of life, I give all the GREEN plants for food.' and it was so."

God has given us marijuana to eat - not to smoke. I don't believe it is morally right to smoke marijuana, tobacco, crack, etc, or to ingest any form of smoke deliberately. I believe the best way to use the wonderful gift marijuana that God has given to us is to farm the marijuana and eat it. People can make bread from the bud material. It can be ground up like wheat, corn, barley, etc and made into flour, and that flour can be used as food for the starving children of this world. I believe the best way of preparing the marijuana-meal will be in unleavened cakes of ground ganja, water, and oil baked over a fire, similar to the unleavened cakes baked during passover. Other forms of marijuana based flours can be made into cookies, pastry, leavened loaves of bread, cakes, pizza crust, oat meal, etc.

Furthermore, George Washington our first president of these United States is quoted as saying this to his gardener at Mt. Vernon: "Make the most of the Indian Hemp seed, and sew it everywhere." I believe it is most patriotic and benevolent to start a hemp farm. I see so many uncultivated fields, which are lawns - so many unused square miles and cubic feet of dirt to grow precious hemp which can in turn be used to make clothing for the naked, food for the hungry, medicine for the sick - with hemp paper and hemp ink we can print bibles and distribute to those who have never heard the gospel of Christ, even gasoline for cars, and rocket fuel for space ships.

Hemp oil is a wonder drug that is known to cure many various types of common diseases including divers cancers, anxiety, arthritis, glaucoma, high blood pressure, even skin conditions like leprosy might be curable by topical application of hemp oil to infected skin. In the Acts of the Apostles, it describes how the apostles went around curing disease after the manner of Jesus. Faith in Jesus Christ and a teaspoon of Hemp Oil every day is the cure for almost every disease known to man.

Again, smoking marijuana does little or no good. For marijuana to be used medicinally it cannot be smoked. Although, the tars produced by the burning of marijuana are not radioactive. The tars of tobacco are radioactive. This is the reason tobacco has been known to cause cancers and marijuana has not. So i will suggest that smoking marijuana is safer than smoking cigarettes, but not entirely healthy at all.

In conclusion, I am an advocate for widespread collaboration for the farming of Marijuana as a source of food and other resources. And because Deuteronomy 22:9 "Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled." If God gave me the choice of only one seed for my farm, I would choose Marijuana.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
God has given us marijuana to eat - not to smoke. I don't believe it is morally right to smoke marijuana, tobacco, crack, etc, or to ingest any form of smoke deliberately. I believe the best way to use the wonderful gift marijuana that God has given to us is to farm the marijuana and eat it. People can make bread from the bud material. It can be ground up like wheat, corn, barley, etc and made into flour, and that flour can be used as food for the starving children of this world. I believe the best way of preparing the marijuana-meal will be in unleavened cakes of ground ganja, water, and oil baked over a fire, similar to the unleavened cakes baked during passover. Other forms of marijuana based flours can be made into cookies, pastry, leavened loaves of bread, cakes, pizza crust, oat meal, etc.
And lets not forget it goes well in brownies.:D

Again, smoking marijuana does little or no good. For marijuana to be used medicinally it cannot be smoked. Although, the tars produced by the burning of marijuana are not radioactive. The tars of tobacco are radioactive. This is the reason tobacco has been known to cause cancers and marijuana has not. So i will suggest that smoking marijuana is safer than smoking cigarettes, but not entirely healthy at all.
The carbons from inhaling burnt tobacco and marijuana is what causes cancer. As for marijuana, THC is the active ingredient that gives marijuana any benefits, recreational, medical or otherwise. It can indeed be smoked, and to reduce carcinogens one can smoke from a water pipe (more commonly known as a bong), as the water is theorized to filter some of the carbons. Or better yet, one can use a vaporizer, which turns the THC oils into a vapor that one inhales free of burnt carbons.

Levite

Higher and Higher
Greetings!

I am posting this because I have seen many Christian organizations that preach that Marijuana is evil.

So, what is your take on marijuana?

And if you believe ganja is bad for you, what are the bad aspects of it?

Jah Bless.

Ras Evan

Evil?!! Killing people and raping people and enslaving people is evil. Smoking weed isn't even bad!

I have no clue how smoking weed could be evil, unless you were passing a bowl before going to blow a bunch of people up.

Herb is natural. It's a gift from God. How it's any worse than drinking wine is a mystery to me. And calling it evil just seems ridiculously stupid.

The word "Christian" is derived from "chrism", which is a cannabis-based oil.
The word "Christ" means "the anointed one."

The oil Jesus were anointed with was "chrism."

The ancient recipe for this anointing oil,
recorded in the Old Testament book of Exodus (30: 22-23)
included over nine pounds of flowering cannabis tops, Hebrew "kaneh-bosm", extracted into a hind (about 6.5 litres) of olive oil,
along with a variety of other herbs and spices.

The ancient chosen ones were literally drenched in this potent cannabis holy oil.

Believe that human skin will absorb A LOT if not most of that THC. Believe that anyone drenched in that much chrism will hallucinate amazing visualizations.

The ancients knew the healing powers of herbs. They did not consider these holy preparations "evil" in any way shape or form.

"God put all green plants on Earth for food, and it was so." - Genesis (Tanakh)

Do not be fooled.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I recognize that there are legitimate uses for Marijuana. I don't think that recreational use is one of those.

Of course, I oppose recreational drugs on principle. Alcohol is much worse than Marijuana, and I wish it wasn't used recreationally either. Mental balance is too precious a thing for one to purposely hinder.

Kerr

Greetings!

I am posting this because I have seen many Christian organizations that preach that Marijuana is evil.

So, what is your take on marijuana?

And if you believe ganja is bad for you, what are the bad aspects of it?

Jah Bless.

Ras Evan
I wouldn´t say evil. It is just a... substance... it cannot be evil or good anymore then, say, a train or alcohol or something. That said the impression I get from the people I know who has had dealings with it is that it is not something that is good for the health. But to be honest I don´t know that much about it.

im from the islands of trinidad & tobago now in the united states
i believe marijuana has its good effects and its bad
of course smoking is bad for the body BUT its better than smoking cigarettes tobacco in general.
it kind of irritates me how the us govt promotes so much alcohol (which in fact dumbs ppl down) with the toxins it has........ SO much tobbaco products (which in fact causes cancer lung disease) a manmad substance. marijuana is pure grown from the earth and soil in which the lord created. marijauna has so many uses other than smoking, medicine, cloth, (which in fact HEMP is stronger than cotton)healing tea. when i smoke i leave this currupted world i take a step back and i see the truth. takes me away form the shallow things. if your going to use marijauna use it for a good purpose. it stimulates my brain so i can think, focu,s meditate on a higher level people my age cannot...... doesnt sound bad to me at all i feel the lord guiding me in a better direction mellow,thoughtful for others his people ONE LOVE unity no more killing no more crime stop the violence the worst part about it is the U.S or us the people
you dont let the weed control you,,,,, you control it for a better purpose

im 20yrs old since ive started smoking weed ive slowed my roll and ive bcame a better man, that loves and understands his family and for others, i currently own my own detail company so all financial issues are taken care of. i have more time to explore gods earth instead of slaving for money, and im headed back to school in august to university. doesnt sound like a bad direction of gods purpose now does it???? it is what it is some people like it some people dont. everyone has a different direction in life and you choose your destiny.

Think Twice Act Once:: Mikhail Boodoosingh

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
No drug is "evil." Certain drugs are just too enticing for certain people. Nothing wrong with recreational drug use, in my opinion.

horizon_mj1

King James translation Revelations 8:4 "And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand." Could this incense be marijuana?

Levite

Higher and Higher
King James translation Revelations 8:4 "And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand." Could this incense be marijuana?

No. But it would've been cool if it had been!

Jacksnyte

Reverend
Why is marijuana less honorable, pure, lovely, reputable or praiseworthy than any other crop? Do you think Jesus didn't wear cloth made of it or fry His food in it's oil?

Unlike such tawdry crops as apples, cotton or wheat; cannabis has multiple uses -- Fiber for cloth, cordage and paper; oil for cooking; drugs for anorexia, pain, glaucoma & al.
Cannabis is a plant, plain and simple. Granted, the plants may appear somewhat unkempt, to some eyes, and not qualify as "lovely," but loveliness isn't everything.

Poppies and foxgloves are lovely, but the former yields a drug that is both useful and eminently abusable; the latter a useful drug that is frankly dangerous. Grapes are lovely and edible, but are frequently fermented into a much-abused drug. Iron can be forged into a cooking-pot -- or a sword.

Anything can be abused. The dishonor is not in the resource itself, but in ourselves, and the use we make of it.
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
Exactly my take on all this as well! I think that all the anti-hemp propaganda since the 1950s has brainwashed several generations!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Greetings!

Try this on them, JAHLion:

Matthew 15:11

"What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

horizon_mj1

No. But it would've been cool if it had been!
Is it frankincense? Was revelations a prophetic account or historical in your personal opinion? If it is prophetic, it could be marijuana, but frankincense seems to be a favorite on Hebrew accounts ea.

Levite

Higher and Higher
Is it frankincense? Was revelations a prophetic account or historical in your personal opinion? If it is prophetic, it could be marijuana, but frankincense seems to be a favorite on Hebrew accounts ea.

Our Rabbis taught in a baraita [Tannaitic text]: How is the holy incense mixture formulated?

It was made annually in batches of three hundred sixty-eight manim [1 maneh = ~0.48 kg]: three hundred sixty-five corresponding to the days of the solar year (a maneh for each day), half offered in the morning and half in the afternoon; and three extra manim, from which the Kohen Gadol [High Priest] would bring both his handfuls [into the Holy of Holies] on Yom Kippur. ... Eleven kinds of spices were in it, and these were they:

Balsam, onycha, galbanum, and frankincense-- seventy manim weight apeice;
myrrh, cassia, spikenard, saffron-- sixteen manim weight apeice;
costus [the root of a flowering herb also called "sprial ginger"]-- twelve manim weight;
kilufa [the fragrant inner bark of the almond tree]-- three manim weight;
cinnamon-- nine manim weight.
Carshina lye [an alkaline solution derived from a species of vetch mixed with acidic earths]-- nine kavim [1 kav = ~3.75 L] liquid weight;
Cyprus wine, three se’im [1 se'ah = ~11.25 L] and three kavim liquid weight: if there is no Cyprus wine to be had, one uses any aged white wine;
salt from the Dead Sea, a quarter kav in weight;
and a minute amount of a smoke-intensifying mixture of dried grass, and oily olive-mulch.

(According to Rabbi Natan of Babylonia, a minute amount of resinous earth from the Jordan was also put into it.)

-Talmud, tractate Kritut 6a

heshani1999

I personally do not accept using marijuana is a good thing.if you addict to it it is difficult to over come from it.If we are doing any harm to ourselves that is a sin.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I personally do not accept using marijuana is a good thing.if you addict to it it is difficult to over come from it.If we are doing any harm to ourselves that is a sin.
Chemically, marijuana is not addictive. When I had income I smoked several times a day (I even done better on my math tests with a small buzz), and when my income and stash ran out, no more pot, no problems. Now had I been using something like heroine, cocaine, or meth, I would have gotten very ill, hated the world, and maybe even have died.
However marijuana has never produced a fatal overdose, and has many medicinal benefits from any method of consumption (smoking, eating, vaporizing). Some studies have even shown it stimulates brain cell regrowth.
What burns me though is alcohol is the most deadly drug one can consume, yet it is legal. Tobacco is hardly any better, and it is legal. The legal alternatives to pot can be very dangerous, mess with your heart, and have killed people, and they are legal. Marijuana is a very safe plant, with very few people having any sort of adverse allergic reactions, it's non-addictive, it could do wonders for our economy, it could save acre after acre of forests, and yet it is illegal.

Granted, the plants may appear somewhat unkempt, to some eyes, and not qualify as "lovely," but loveliness isn't everything.
How can this not be considered very lovely?
tumblr_lknoy5dXPw1qdrrv6o1_500.jpg