• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man stabs, kills pro-Trump boss

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member

danieldemol

Premium Member
Did the article say Toney was a Democrat? Hating government does not necessarily make you a democrat.

Toney could just be a mentally ill anarchist for all we know.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
The blind, uncritical loyalty and worship of any politician is far more insane than so-called "TDS".
You lick the boot that would dig its heel into your throat.

Despite any good he may have done, he still has a lot more points to earn to climb from "garbage president" to "mediocre president."

Many Trump haters are insane for failing to appreciate how our P.O.T.U.S. has helped lead America into unprecedented economy prosperity with his executive actions of enacting regulation cuts, U.S. withdrawal from the Paris climate treaty, fair and balanced trade deals like U.S.M.C.A. and the China Phase One, and approval of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017; all this of our Trump-led Trumped-up economy leading to record prosperity with record high stock valuations, record employment opportunities for minorities, real wage growth for the middle class, and reduced poverty. Many Trump haters are also insane for being unappreciative of how Trump has helped strengthened our nation's security by way of having border security improved, the withdrawal of U.S. troops from endless wars, and the appointment of conservative judges.

Erebus

What a liberal:rolleyes:

If you aren't willing to back up your political opinions with violence then why don't you move to Canada or somewhere? Here in America, our President can shoot somebody on 5th Avenue!
Anybody!
Tom

Well I'm English so while I would resort to violence, I couldn't possibly do anything that might cause a fuss.

Passive aggression is more our cup of tea.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

My mistake in thinking no one here would take me even slightly seriously. But I do appreciate those of you who do recognize I wasn't serious and could go along with my little jape. :thumbsup:

Even I draw the line in my humor...

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When we traveled through your country, I kept my mouth shut. Tension in the air, sadly. I could cut it with a knife.

When I was a Soviet citizen, some 40 years ago, one could feel that people in the streets were carrying a static charge in them, heavy feeling, no smiles... When I crossed the border people of the west were free of that charge, now, in USA, I feel it again.

I can attest to a similar experience as you both report. We moved out of the States about ten years ago. It took a few years to decompress. It's lot like being in a room with a persistent mechanical or electrical sound that you eventually don't hear until you step out of the room and re-enter, but has an undesirable effect on your mental state and point of view.

And you can feel the antipathy Americans have for one another in this thread.

We were just checking into a hotel in Minnesota, and the front desk guy just went off on us. He went on some anti-democrat rant.

That's common. He was probably just listening to Hannity or Limbaugh.

Will we soon see the streets patrolled by drunken, shotgun toting rednecks in kit lifted coal rollers, flying the stars and bars while looking for liberals to lynch?

Soon? At any Trump rally now.

==== Non-moderator warning ====Let's keep it civil people. Enuf of accusations of boot licking & or death wishes.

That's the mutual contempt to which I referred. As others have mentioned, it's palpable now, at least from the outside looking in.

As a right-wing populist American nationalist Trump follower, I'd like to please urge any Trump Hater inflicted with Trump Derangement Syndrome to seek professional psychological help in order to prevent any further bloodshed between Trump haters and Trump followers like me.

And here it is again. This is the quality of the dialogue - insanity, derangement, bloodshed.

I call bull****. You seem to be stuck on the trope that America is a bad evil place. Stop trolling.

America has a terrible PR problem that I suspect Americans are less aware of than non-Americans. Consider what the world is seeing. @Salvador sees all good in Trump's America, but that's not the prevailing view elsewhere.

And it's not all due to antipathy for Trump. America looks like a shooting gallery. This is shocking and unintellible to people who aren't living in American gun culture. They see police shooting kids in the back running from them. They see white supremacy on the rise. They see the constant bickering between the parties and their supporters, bickering that goes beyond partisan differences to outright contempt. They see children being caged. They saw Trump's performance regarding Puerto Rico. They see Trump cozying up to dictators and see him as under Putin's thumb. They consider the elections insecure.

Foreigners are not seeing what proud Trump supporters in America are seeing.

Wandering Monk

And it's not all due to antipathy for Trump. America looks like a shooting gallery. This is shocking and unintellible to people who aren't living in American gun culture. They see police shooting kids in the back running from them. They see white supremacy on the rise. They see the constant bickering between the parties and their supporters, bickering that goes beyond partisan differences to outright contempt. They see children being caged. They saw Trump's performance regarding Puerto Rico. They see Trump cozying up to dictators and see him as under Putin's thumb. They consider the elections insecure.

Foreigners are not seeing what proud Trump supporters in America are seeing.

Then they need a little historical perspective.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Neutral is negative, from both sides, because remaining neutral (as an outsider) means you aren't on either side. If I went to a Packers versus Bears football game wearing a plain white shirt in either Green Bay or in Chicago, they'd both look at me as if I were the enemy.

The incident in the hotel I referred to earlier could be a Democrat or a Republican. It happened to be a Republican, and I got called out for hating Republicans and hating Americans. Go figure.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
And they need to understand that the news they watch
presents only what is newsworthy. Old saying....
"If it bleeds, it leads."
Actually living here offers a picture which isn't on their TV.
That's a world-wide challenge. Many countries face bad press from the outside, or only see an outsider's perspective. One's understanding is often better as a local, yet an outsider, with no ethnocentric attachment, may well see things from fresh eyes.

Milton Platt

My mistake in thinking no one here would take me even slightly seriously. But I do appreciate those of you who do recognize I wasn't serious and could go along with my little jape. :thumbsup:

I did not think you were serious.......hence my snarky reply about the thought police.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's weak to defend such talk.
It's weaker to pretend that unwavering, slavish adoration and idolization of politicians isn't the least bit questionable. They're not infallible heroes. No only is it a creepy attitude, it's dangerous.
All politicians and parties should be scrutinized and held to account, even the ones you favor.

Wandering Monk

[
It's weaker to pretend that unwavering, slavish adoration and idolization of politicians isn't the least bit questionable. They're not infallible heroes. No only is it a creepy attitude, it's dangerous.
All politicians and parties should be scrutinized and held to account, even the ones you favor.

A really fine job of virtue signalling here. Now if you could only actually be virtuous....