• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man pulls a gun on a couple in a Sam’s Club store because they wore MAGA hats

Are Trump haters dangerous?

• Yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Note that in the story, the only source for the key claim that the MAGA hat guy did nothing to cause the altercation is the MAGA hat guy himself.

Also notice that after the MAGA hat guy allegedly had a gun pulled on him in the store, he followed the gunman outside for another verbal exchange. This does not seem to me to be the actions of someone who was fearing for his life.
Textbook bully. see post 32

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Someone pulling a gun when there is no apparent danger is a problem. Full stop.
I could care less who they vote for.
Someone carrying a loaded, ready-to-fire gun into a store is a problem as well, if we're going there.

... but how do you know there was no apparent danger?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
A man “flipped off’ a man in a Sam’s Club store because he was wearing a MAGA (Make America Great Again, Trump campaign slogan) hat. He then pulled a Glock pistol on the man and his wife.

Man accused of pulling gun on victim wearing MAGA hat
Another version of the story gives a different picture:

Surveillance showed the victim came up behind Phillips, who turned toward Pierce. Pierce then flipped off Phillips and put his hands in Phillips’ face, police said.

Following a verbal argument, Phillips pulled a gun on the man inside the store, multiple witnesses told police.

Pierce told WBKO he told the gun-wielding man, ‘Then pull the trigger. Put the gun down and fight me or pull the trigger. Whichever one you want.’ And he backed up and he said it again, he said, ‘It’s a good day for you to die.’”

Witnesses and Pierce said Phillips drew his gun, but the weapon could not be seen on surveillance video because Phillips backed out of view of the camera, police said.

Phillips took off toward the parking lot and Pierce followed him there, he told WBKO.

“I went out the front of the store to confront him again and that’s when I got him in his car. He couldn’t leave because his mother was in the store. And we were having a verbal altercation outside,” Pierce said.

‘It’s a good day to die.’ Man pulls gun on couple wearing MAGA caps at Kentucky Sam’s Club

So:

- Pierce flips off Phillips.
- Phillips pursues Pierce and starts a verbal altercation to escalate the situation.
- Pierce draws his gun on Phillips and his wife.
- Pierce leaves the store and goes to the parking lot.
- Phillips follows Pierce to the parking lot, somehow knowing that Pierce couldn't leave. Phillips escalates the situation again with another verbal altercation.

This is hardly the picture you painted of a guy getting a gun pointed at him for wearing a MAGA hat, is it?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Are you asking if perhaps the gun puller felt legitimately threatened?
The stories say that MAGA hat guy pursued the gunman to escalate the situation. The gunman said that MAGA hat guy "assaulted" him; the surveillance video apparently confirms no physical contact, though that doesn't mean that the gunman couldn't have thought there was contact in the heat of the moment, and apparently the surveillance video shows MAGA hat guy "putting his hands in Pierce's face." Neither story I've read says exactly what MAGA hat guy said to the gunman, but it was apparently enough to get the gunman to back away before drawing his weapon.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Gee, I wonder if the guy had worn a "I love Hillary" hat and was shot by a Trump supporter, would the person who made this thread have posted that here?

BTW, I think it's safe to say that anyone who operates more out of hate than love is more of a threat to others regardless of party affiliation.

Audie

Veteran Member
There might now be at least two Trump supporters who see the merits of gun control.

I am glad no one was hurt, and I hope this guy gets locked up (assuming the story is accurate).

There have been a lot of phony stories about attacks from the
"haters" on gay, muslim, black etc.

I am not aware of any phony stories of left attacking right.
Maybe I missed some. Did I?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Another version of the story gives a different picture:

‘It’s a good day to die.’ Man pulls gun on couple wearing MAGA caps at Kentucky Sam’s Club

So:

- Pierce flips off Phillips.
- Phillips pursues Pierce and starts a verbal altercation to escalate the situation.
- Pierce draws his gun on Phillips and his wife.
- Pierce leaves the store and goes to the parking lot.
- Phillips follows Pierce to the parking lot, somehow knowing that Pierce couldn't leave. Phillips escalates the situation again with another verbal altercation.

This is hardly the picture you painted of a guy getting a gun pointed at him for wearing a MAGA hat, is it?
You seem to have mixed up names in your post.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
TDS appears to be about as common as TKAS.
Maybe more.

Trump is more of a symptom of the problems of the right today than anything else. What is worrisome is that he is so incompetent that he make only makes those problems worse. There are always outliers for any party. The leader of a party should try to lower the impact of that part of the party on the rest of us, Trump appears to exacerbate instead of ameliorate the situation.

Audie

Veteran Member
Trump is more of a symptom of the problems of the right today than anything else. What is worrisome is that he is so incompetent that he make only makes those problems worse. There are always outliers for any party. The leader of a party should try to lower the impact of that part of the party on the rest of us, Trump appears to exacerbate instead of ameliorate the situation.

That may be, but it is irrelevant to what I said.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Trump is more of a symptom of the problems of the right today than anything else.
Looking at RF, the left is the more severely affected by TDS & TAD.
We see them eschewing cogent argument about policy in favor of
one vapid insult after another. And not just anger at Trump...but
blind rage & vitriol at all who voted for him. No reasoning with'm.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Looking at RF, the left is the more severely affected by TDS & TAD.
We see them eschewing cogent argument about policy in favor of
one vapid insult after another. And not just anger at Trump...but
blind rage & vitriol at all who voted for him. No reasoning with'm.
I, as the left, have done nothing of that sort. This seems to be fake news.