• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making sense of the Pandemic

Milton Platt

Making sense of the coronavirus

When I learned of some recent examples of sex change operations involving children as young as six or seven in some cases, I felt an anger that I believe God also feels. There are many societal sins in these times that all reach biblically epic proportions. If the west and kingdoms of this world have crossed a line in the sand with God what would we expect to see?
I would expect to see action. In the future, in bible prophesies, we see that nations receive judgments of God trying to make them repent from their evil ways. In the past, we saw God taking action in Egypt and sending judgments to force Pharoah to get the point and change his ways or at least to let God's children go.
In both these cases, a successive series of judgments from God followed each other until the nations were broken as a result of not heeding His message and judgments.
If this is the case with the plague that has come on the world then the only remedy would be to cease from the wicked things that brought it on and to cry out to God. The judgments in the bible were on nations in these cases for the most part, rather than individuals. There will come a time when God cleans up the books for all people, but that time was not in the past and was not in the last day prophesies of the bible.
Knowing that certain levels of sin and evil practices are bound to result in God stepping in, the question with the modern plague arises, is this a judgment from God? If it is, then the only way to stop it is for nations of the world to change drastically. If they did not, then what would be expected if this were a message to nations from God, is that even clearer messages via judgments would follow and there would be an end to the world order of the day.
We do know that a new world order will come to exist in the very final days of man's rule on earth according to bible prophesy. If this plague is from God then it would mean that we are entering that final period very soon. (unless nations cease sex-change operations, abortions, and some of the sins outlined in Scripture that have now reached heaven).
For many bible believers, this would make sense as to why such a horrible plague was allowed to enter the world today. One result of the virus has been that hospitals and medical systems have been, and will increasingly be overburdened. Nonessential surgeries are being canceled. If the plague was here as a result of the aforementioned reasons, that would seem to make sense that one of the first casualties of the event was the medical system.
Looking for a vaccine or cure would not work, because if the message was from God, some other event would follow that would accomplish the purpose anyhow. The only solution would be to change the ways of guilty nations and to repent.
The coming days will reveal if this scenario is correct or not. In any case, I would recommend that nations pray, and ask forgiveness and healing.

Viruses don't respond to wickedness, one way or the other. It's biological.

Shad

Veteran Member

When I learned of some recent examples of sex change operations involving children as young as six or seven in some cases, I felt an anger that I believe God also feels. There are many societal sins in these times that all reach biblically epic proportions. If the west and kingdoms of this world have crossed a line in the sand with God what would we expect to see?
I would expect to see action. In the future, in bible prophesies, we see that nations receive judgments of God trying to make them repent from their evil ways. In the past, we saw God taking action in Egypt and sending judgments to force Pharoah to get the point and change his ways or at least to let God's children go.
In both these cases, a successive series of judgments from God followed each other until the nations were broken as a result of not heeding His message and judgments.
If this is the case with the plague that has come on the world then the only remedy would be to cease from the wicked things that brought it on and to cry out to God. The judgments in the bible were on nations in these cases for the most part, rather than individuals. There will come a time when God cleans up the books for all people, but that time was not in the past and was not in the last day prophesies of the bible.
Knowing that certain levels of sin and evil practices are bound to result in God stepping in, the question with the modern plague arises, is this a judgment from God? If it is, then the only way to stop it is for nations of the world to change drastically. If they did not, then what would be expected if this were a message to nations from God, is that even clearer messages via judgments would follow and there would be an end to the world order of the day.
We do know that a new world order will come to exist in the very final days of man's rule on earth according to bible prophesy. If this plague is from God then it would mean that we are entering that final period very soon. (unless nations cease sex-change operations, abortions, and some of the sins outlined in Scripture that have now reached heaven).
For many bible believers, this would make sense as to why such a horrible plague was allowed to enter the world today. One result of the virus has been that hospitals and medical systems have been, and will increasingly be overburdened. Nonessential surgeries are being canceled. If the plague was here as a result of the aforementioned reasons, that would seem to make sense that one of the first casualties of the event was the medical system.
Looking for a vaccine or cure would not work, because if the message was from God, some other event would follow that would accomplish the purpose anyhow. The only solution would be to change the ways of guilty nations and to repent.
The coming days will reveal if this scenario is correct or not. In any case, I would recommend that nations pray, and ask forgiveness and healing.

When you believe the world is going to end send me a PM. I will gladly take the assets you no longer believe you will need.

dad

Undefeated
When you believe the world is going to end send me a PM. I will gladly take the assets you no longer believe you will need.
Believers will probably not be on the earth by the time we can pinpoint that. The Rapture comes first.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
We also have clear commands to not engage in same-sex relations. Those who believe in a creator should ask themselves that is God sends a man or woman into the world to a mom if He would then consider that child anything else despite any attempts by man to alter it? If you decided that you were a tree or a monkey, do you think God Almighty would then believe you were?
Even if you attached twigs to your arms and rear I doubt it would fool Him.

Jesus confirmed God creates us male and female. The rest of the bible does exist you know. There are some rules that apply in all ages. There were some rules that were specific for the time and people. For example, Christians can pray and all food becomes clean. Israelites had to eat only clean food. Israel was to sacrifice animals to point the way to how Jesus would come to save us one day. Christians are already saved and see that He already came, so we have no need of that sort of thing. Etc.
Yes, I know the rest of the Bible exists - hence my question.

So as I and several others have pointed out, you are picking and choosing what you follow from the Bible.

Perhaps you'd like to try again, but this time, actually responding to the questions being asked.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Well, we are all born into a fallen world. But babies have not lived in the world yet, so how would anyone blame them for sin? That is why many Christians think that God takes babies that are murdered in the womb (or even out of it these days as they apparently wanted to do in places like New York) right to heaven!
I don't blame babies for sin.

You said, "but there is no one on earth that never sinnned ..."
Hence my question.

dad

Undefeated
Yes, I know the rest of the Bible exists - hence my question.

So as I and several others have pointed out, you are picking and choosing what you follow from the Bible.

Perhaps you'd like to try again, but this time, actually responding to the questions being asked.
Not sure what point if any you think you are leading to there. In any event, do you realize that God has taken action at various times in history or not?

dad

Undefeated
I don't blame babies for sin.
Great, so you do like the slaughter of millions of them then even though they are innocent?

You said, "but there is no one on earth that never sinnned ..."
Hence my question.

Being born into a world of sin does not mean we have some big sins before life even really gets started. It does mean that the sin we will do will lead to death one day though. The result of sin is death. All children of Adam are born into a fallen world where death reigns and sin.

gnomon

I have a totally different tilt on sin and forgiveness.

Our faults and sufferings (sin) are thrust upon us by a process that preceded us and which will eventually destroy us. (Some call that process God).

Therefore it is God who eternally sins, for which we suffer.

Since that was not deliberate, and is not fixable, our sanity and happiness depend on us accepting these sufferings and imperfections for which we are not personally responsible.

In other words, man must forgive The Whole Damned Thing (a.k.a. God), so we don’t let our angst ruin us.

We must forgive God (the Eternal Process) to find the peace which surpasses understanding.

Don’t take the brown acid.

The faults or sufferings (sin) that preceded us and which will destroy is called nature.

There is no obvious link from that statement to call it God. The concept of God, and religion in all it's structure, is a cultural construct defining cultural norms.

To lead from that is to state that therefore a God exists who eternally sins is to equate God with nature. Which is not the context going on here.

gnomon

Going back to the original.

There is no message from God here.

You don't know God. In any sense.

You only are self aggrandizing yourself.

Why are you here? This is an educational forum. What did you come to learn?

Or did you come to preach arrogance.

dad

Undefeated
Going back to the original.

There is no message from God here.
Did he tell you that? Did He mention it was now fine to mass murder babies as well?

You don't know God. In any sense.
? Where you been? He gave us His words and His Spirit and called us friends.

Why are you here? This is an educational forum. What did you come to learn?
Some teach in education, some learn.

gnomon

Did he tell you that? Did He mention it was now fine to mass murder babies as well?

? Where you been? He gave us His words and His Spirit and called us friends.

Some teach in education, some learn.

Unfortunately I don't think you will ever learn.

Sorry our conversation is over. I've understood there is no proper argument here to be had with you.

Last edited: