• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making sense of the Pandemic

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Sometimes God did use Satan to test people and even bring destruction. Sometimes God used wicked nations to judge a nation He wanted to judge. Sometimes He used nature. Sometimes He used sickness/pestilence. Sometimes He used angels. In the future when He returns here, the Lion of the tribe of Judah will take care of business Personally.

I think that is a deranged theology.

Tell me, what has God achieved so far with all this judgement and punishing ?

After 6000 years (lol) the world is in a horrible mess.

He doesn’t do a very good job.

dad

Undefeated
I think that is a deranged theology.

Tell me, what has God achieved so far with all this judgement and punishing ?

After 6000 years (lol) the world is in a horrible mess.

He doesn’t do a very good job.
He held back wickedness to a degree so that His plan to save us could continue and be carried out.
For example if He had not destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, that sort of filthy sin would have permeated the world too soon, and He would have had to take action before Jesus could have come, and the billions of people be saved. Of course in the final days the world will again be like Sodom and as in the days before Noah again. So He will really step in and come here Himself to take over the world by force and rule forever.
Kind of like whack a mole. That is not the permanent plan. That was just to give us time to choose and get as many saved as possible before the wickedness became great enough to demand He step in and end it forever.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
He held back wickedness to a degree so that His plan to save us could continue and be carried out.
For example if He had not destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, that sort of filthy sin would have permeated the world too soon, and He would have had to take action before Jesus could have come, and the billions of people be saved. Of course in the final days the world will again be like Sodom and as in the days before Noah again. So He will really step in and come here Himself to take over the world by force and rule forever.
Kind of like whack a mole. That is not the permanent plan. That was just to give us time to choose and get as many saved as possible before the wickedness became great enough to demand He step in and end it forever.

From my perspective, you are working very hard to make some kind of unified sense of a collection of nonsensical ideas.

Honestly, it sounds like ‘Star Trek : Wrath of Jehovah’

You describe a relationship of God and Man that sounds exactly like classic narcissistic abuse.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The full cup of sins include the vile sins of baby-killing and demonic abuse of young people, that is true. I am not sure God has acted here yet though, are you? It certainly seems to be a distinct possibility!

Satan would love to kill every person on earth and debase them to hell if he could. The thing is he can only do what God allows. So God's judgment could include using the punk of course.
So.....
The Devil is not God's enemy.
Satan does exactly what he is told to do by God?
So it's God that brings down all the horridness?

Yes/No?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The full cup of sins include the vile sins of baby-killing and demonic abuse of young people, that is true.
Meh...... so long as extremist views such as yours fall in to and then remain in a minority, then democracy will hold them in chick. Now that's worth hoping for..

I am not sure God has acted here yet though, are you? It certainly seems to be a distinct possibility!
What!!!
If your God has not bothered to act then clearly he doesn't think your ideas about abortion or sexual individuality count for tuppence.
If your God has acted then he is a killer and smasher of bodies, probably being helped by his right hand colleague, Satan........ according to you.

Satan would love to kill every person on earth and debase them to hell if he could. The thing is he can only do what God allows. So God's judgment could include using the punk of course.
Nope! Satan loves to obey God's commands...... in your religion anyways.

At which point would you stop and review Christianity, because at the moment it looks rather crank compared to most Creeds and Churches.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
This verse seems to get the point across

Deut 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God

If a man puts off his testicles and puts on boobs, ...connect the dots?
That's it? Some verse about cross-dressing?
Does God consider it cross-dressing if a woman wears pants? Which clothing, exactly, "pertaineth unto a man?"

Is this the same Deuteronomy where it also says not to plant two kinds of seeds in your vineyard; not to wear clothing of mixed fabrics; gives instructions on how to check if a woman is a virgin; says that you're forbidden to marry if your birth was "illegitimate;" and let's not forget that it provides instructions on where to buy slaves and how to treat them, which includes beating them as long as they don't die with a certain number of days.

So, you follow all of these, or just the one you picked out about wearing clothing that belongs to the opposite sex?
How many slaves do you own? How many times have you checked women to see if they are virgins?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I do not look for good people. If people were good, Jesus would not have needed to come to pay their ransom price and save them. There are many nice people (much of the time) there are many fairly good people (much of the time) but there is no one on earth that never sinned. No one can save themselves. The very wicked are just people more given into sin than others. Sin is what causes death (and all the problems in the world)--that is the issue.
The only remedy if Jesus. He forgives sin because He was good and only He could have given His life to set us free from death and sin. Man's 'goodness' is like filthy rags that smell beyond any endurance in comparison. We need to accept His gift so we will have His goodness in us. There is no other way.
How about babies?

dad

Undefeated
From my perspective, you are working very hard to make some kind of unified sense of a collection of nonsensical ideas.
I don't think that the Exodus and Captivity in Babylon and destruction of Jerusalem a number of times, and the lesson of Sodom and Gomorrah and Nivinah etc are nonsensical. What is nonsensical is denial and ignoring history.
Honestly, it sounds like ‘Star Trek : Wrath of Jehovah’
Not all of us base our reality and core ideas on sci fi.
You describe a relationship of God and Man that sounds exactly like classic narcissistic abuse.

Weak attempts at pinning some bad name on realities of our past do not change anything.

dad

Undefeated
So.....
The Devil is not God's enemy.

I never said that. However, God is all-powerful and has rules. The mere fact one chooses to be His enemy is nothing new. Look at education and nations today. Enemies of God are a dime a dozen. That does not mean that they have free reign to do anything.

Satan does exactly what he is told to do by God?
What, you thought he had a vote? God does set limits and rules for rebels and evil people and spirits. That does not mean they want to obey Him or like it, or even in many cases are aware of it.
So it's God that brings down all the horridness?
Judments of God are to prevent the horridness of desperately wicked men. Pharoh though the judgments were horrid, the freed slaves thought they were justice at last.

dad

Undefeated
Meh...... so long as extremist views such as yours fall in to and then remain in a minority, then democracy will hold them in chick. Now that's worth hoping for..
History is not an extreme view. The wicked seem to have had some trouble keeping God in check. You have it backward.
What!!!
If your God has not bothered to act then clearly he doesn't think your ideas about abortion or sexual individuality count for tuppence.
If your God has acted then he is a killer and smasher of bodies, probably being helped by his right hand colleague, Satan........ according to you.
Not sure what you are ranting about. God has acted through history. It seems possible that He is moving today also. I would think He would step in one day to stop the wicked from burning and ripping and smashing babies.

Nope! Satan loves to obey God's commands...... in your religion anyways.
How it works in your head I am not sure. Apparently Satan holds a lot of sway there.
At which point would you stop and review Christianity, because at the moment it looks rather crank compared to most Creeds and Churches.

I have no big interest in 'christianity'. Not really even sure what it is. Apparently it is a catch phrase that groups every unbelieving crank and bible disobeying cult and organization that has any nominal use of the word Christ attached to it in any way whatsoever!

dad

Undefeated
That's it? Some verse about cross-dressing?
Does God consider it cross-dressing if a woman wears pants? Which clothing, exactly, "pertaineth unto a man?"
We also have clear commands to not engage in same-sex relations. Those who believe in a creator should ask themselves that is God sends a man or woman into the world to a mom if He would then consider that child anything else despite any attempts by man to alter it? If you decided that you were a tree or a monkey, do you think God Almighty would then believe you were?
Even if you attached twigs to your arms and rear I doubt it would fool Him.

So, you follow all of these, or just the one you picked out about wearing clothing that belongs to the opposite sex?
Jesus confirmed God creates us male and female. The rest of the bible does exist you know. There are some rules that apply in all ages. There were some rules that were specific for the time and people. For example, Christians can pray and all food becomes clean. Israelites had to eat only clean food. Israel was to sacrifice animals to point the way to how Jesus would come to save us one day. Christians are already saved and see that He already came, so we have no need of that sort of thing. Etc.

dad

Undefeated
How about babies?
Well, we are all born into a fallen world. But babies have not lived in the world yet, so how would anyone blame them for sin? That is why many Christians think that God takes babies that are murdered in the womb (or even out of it these days as they apparently wanted to do in places like New York) right to heaven!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I never said that. However, God is all-powerful and has rules. The mere fact one chooses to be His enemy is nothing new. Look at education and nations today. Enemies of God are a dime a dozen. That does not mean that they have free reign to do anything.

What, you thought he had a vote? God does set limits and rules for rebels and evil people and spirits. That does not mean they want to obey Him or like it, or even in many cases are aware of it.
Judments of God are to prevent the horridness of desperately wicked men. Pharoh though the judgments were horrid, the freed slaves thought they were justice at last.
Nooooo!
You told us that Satan is God's go-for.
Don't now pretend he's a baddie.

And you don't get to tell us about God when we can study the OT. OK?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
History is not an extreme view. The wicked seem to have had some trouble keeping God in check. You have it backward.
Not sure what you are ranting about. God has acted through history. It seems possible that He is moving today also. I would think He would step in one day to stop the wicked from burning and ripping and smashing babies.

How it works in your head I am not sure. Apparently Satan holds a lot of sway there.

I have no big interest in 'christianity'. Not really even sure what it is. Apparently it is a catch phrase that groups every unbelieving crank and bible disobeying cult and organization that has any nominal use of the word Christ attached to it in any way whatsoever!
Ahhhh!
Let us get this right..... All those other Creeds and Churches are cranks and Bible cults, right?
A kind of pointing and shouting ,'Thry are not real Christians' kind of thing?

So please tell me. What church or Creed do you belong to?
Which is the real Christianity?

dad

Undefeated
Ahhhh!
Let us get this right..... All those other Creeds and Churches are cranks and Bible cults, right?
A kind of pointing and shouting ,'Thry are not real Christians' kind of thing?

So please tell me. What church or Creed do you belong to?
Which is the real Christianity?
Not all are false, but there is enough nommies in the bag to rule out accepting the bag as a package deal.