• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making sense of the Pandemic

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Not sure what point if any you think you are leading to there. In any event, do you realize that God has taken action at various times in history or not?
You're not sure what point I'm leading to ??
I flat out said it.
You're picking and choosing from the Bible based on your own personal desires and beliefs.

I have no idea why you posted this strange chart.
Can you actually demonstrate that "God has taken action at various times in history?"
You'd be the first.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Great, so you do like the slaughter of millions of them then even though they are innocent?
Huh?

So babies haven't sinned, but as you said, "but there is no one on earth that never sinnned .."

Were you in error when you made that claim?

Being born into a world of sin does not mean we have some big sins before life even really gets started. It does mean that the sin we will do will lead to death one day though. The result of sin is death. All children of Adam are born into a fallen world where death reigns and sin.
Everybody is going to die one die. Whether they sin or not. Babies die all the time, unfortunately.

So then, there is no one on earth that never sinned? Or not?

dad

Undefeated
You're not sure what point I'm leading to ??
I flat out said it.
You're picking and choosing from the Bible based on your own personal desires and beliefs.

I have no idea why you posted this strange chart.
Can you actually demonstrate that "God has taken action at various times in history?"
You'd be the first.
The chart is a corrected timeline of the geologic column and historical events of Scripture. Yes God did take action in the flood, obviously. In the last days, it says the world will again be very much like those days once more. Therefore God will again have to take action here.

As for the recent plague as stated, I don't know if this is sent by God, or just allowed by God.

dad

Undefeated
Huh?

So babies haven't sinned, but as you said, "but there is no one on earth that never sinnned .."

Were you in error when you made that claim?

Everybody is going to die one die. Whether they sin or not. Babies die all the time, unfortunately.

So then, there is no one on earth that never sinned? Or not?

I trust God is merciful, and that He means man to have a choice to accept Jesus or reject Him. That is one reason many believers think that babies grow up in heaven if they have been murdered in abortions here.
I don't know all the answers for these doctrinal questions. I do know the Guy that makes the decisions.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The chart is a corrected timeline of the geologic column and historical events of Scripture. Yes God did take action in the flood, obviously. In the last days, it says the world will again be very much like those days once more. Therefore God will again have to take action here.

As for the recent plague as stated, I don't know if this is sent by God, or just allowed by God.
Great, so the chart is basically useless because it's made up to fit a narrative.
That's your proof that "God has taken action at various times in history?"
How did you show that? Again, all you're doing is asserting it.

Man, your standards of evidence are really low. And you think science is full of it?

dad

Undefeated
Great, so the chart is basically useless because it's made up to fit a narrative.
An apt description of the geo column and the dates offered for it.

In the case of my timeline, it is based on facts. Actual Scripture. When Noah lived is known more or less. They say for example that Abraham was contemporary with Noah. Do you really think the time when Abraham lived is not known approx?

That's your proof that "God has taken action at various times in history?"
How did you show that? Again, all you're doing is asserting it.
Foolishness. A signature is a place where people post things that are not limited to any thread. That timeline has to do with dating and science, not with a pandemic.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
An apt description of the geo column and the dates offered for it.

In the case of my timeline, it is based on facts. Actual Scripture. When Noah lived is known more or less. They say for example that Abraham was contemporary with Noah. Do you really think the time when Abraham lived is not known approx?

Foolishness. A signature is a place where people post things that are not limited to any thread. That timeline has to do with dating and science, not with a pandemic.
Scripture isn't fact.
There is no evidence that Noah lived, let alone built an ark and lived through any global flood.

Your chart is made up to fit your pre-existing narrative - the Bible!

That's not how proper science is done.

But you knew that, since posters have been telling you that since day one.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Making sense of the coronavirus

When I learned of some recent examples of sex change operations involving children as young as six or seven in some cases, I felt an anger that I believe God also feels. There are many societal sins in these times that all reach biblically epic proportions. If the west and kingdoms of this world have crossed a line in the sand with God what would we expect to see?
I would expect to see action. In the future, in bible prophesies, we see that nations receive judgments of God trying to make them repent from their evil ways. In the past, we saw God taking action in Egypt and sending judgments to force Pharoah to get the point and change his ways or at least to let God's children go.
In both these cases, a successive series of judgments from God followed each other until the nations were broken as a result of not heeding His message and judgments.
If this is the case with the plague that has come on the world then the only remedy would be to cease from the wicked things that brought it on and to cry out to God. The judgments in the bible were on nations in these cases for the most part, rather than individuals. There will come a time when God cleans up the books for all people, but that time was not in the past and was not in the last day prophesies of the bible.
Knowing that certain levels of sin and evil practices are bound to result in God stepping in, the question with the modern plague arises, is this a judgment from God? If it is, then the only way to stop it is for nations of the world to change drastically. If they did not, then what would be expected if this were a message to nations from God, is that even clearer messages via judgments would follow and there would be an end to the world order of the day.
We do know that a new world order will come to exist in the very final days of man's rule on earth according to bible prophesy. If this plague is from God then it would mean that we are entering that final period very soon. (unless nations cease sex-change operations, abortions, and some of the sins outlined in Scripture that have now reached heaven).
For many bible believers, this would make sense as to why such a horrible plague was allowed to enter the world today. One result of the virus has been that hospitals and medical systems have been, and will increasingly be overburdened. Nonessential surgeries are being canceled. If the plague was here as a result of the aforementioned reasons, that would seem to make sense that one of the first casualties of the event was the medical system.
Looking for a vaccine or cure would not work, because if the message was from God, some other event would follow that would accomplish the purpose anyhow. The only solution would be to change the ways of guilty nations and to repent.
The coming days will reveal if this scenario is correct or not. In any case, I would recommend that nations pray, and ask forgiveness and healing.
Wtf is this inane garbage? This is like blaming Jews for poisoning wells during the Black Plague. **** off, please

dad

Undefeated
Scripture isn't fact.
Ah, so we should toss out the word of God and look to your opinion as to what is fact. Got it.

There is no evidence that Noah lived, let alone built an ark and lived through any global flood.
There is a chronological record kept by a state over many thousands of years that clearly shows he lived and who was his dad and sons and wife, etc.

Jesus also confirmed it.

So you deny the evidence.

Your chart is made up to fit your pre-existing narrative - the Bible!
Science named the various geologic eras actually. Don't they count? I combined the written records with the times when known fossils existed. The only issue is when these layers were deposited. Your dating system is wholly faith-based, so it is entirely warranted to replace the faith based dates with more solidly evidenced dates!

That's not how proper science is done.
Proper science has some bearing in fact and evidence and is not just leaps of blind faith.

dad

Undefeated
Wtf is this inane garbage? This is like blaming Jews for poisoning wells during the Black Plague. **** off, please
So there is no way God could be allowing things to happen or that He would ever step in with judgments on nations? We can rule out that possibility?
Your rabid accusations about blaming Jews are unrelated to the thread, and slander. Your veiled little cussing does not give your beak foaming any credibility here either.
Gong!

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
So there is no way God could be allowing things to happen or that He would ever step in with judgments on nations? We can rule out that possibility?
Your rabid accusations about blaming Jews are unrelated to the thread, and slander. Your veiled little cussing does not give your beak foaming any credibility here either.
Gong!
Trash doesn't deserve much more.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Ah, so we should toss out the word of God and look to your opinion as to what is fact. Got it.

There is a chronological record kept by a state over many thousands of years that clearly shows he lived and who was his dad and sons and wife, etc.

Jesus also confirmed it.

So you deny the evidence.

Science named the various geologic eras actually. Don't they count? I combined the written records with the times when known fossils existed. The only issue is when these layers were deposited. Your dating system is wholly faith-based, so it is entirely warranted to replace the faith based dates with more solidly evidenced dates!

Proper science has some bearing in fact and evidence and is not just leaps of blind faith.
You really need to start learning the difference between claims and evidence.

dad

Undefeated
You really need to start learning the difference between claims and evidence.
looking at the OP and topic here, the evidence is Scripture and what it says, and if certain signs like the pandemic are general end time signs or something that indicates the actual end is near. So, my claim is that we don't really know, but I think that it is not one of the 'five sign set' that will denote that the last seven years of world history has begun.

Now, please relate your posts somehow to the topic here. Your spamming days are numbered.

Last edited: