• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making sense of the Pandemic

dad

Undefeated
So if someone disagrees with you they are demonic and irrational. I think you are the one who needs to look into the mirror and think deeply about who you are.
No. But some responses are obviously quite irrational and dark.

You have so much hatred for science.
I like real knowledge and the good science that is real.
Science is our best method of solving problems without bias or prejudice.
Sure, like in Hiroshima. No prejudice. Men women and children and animals and crops etc.
Science is not a threat to your faith unless your faith is really weak.
?
How would some demented con job be a threat to faith unless people had no faith and believed the nonsense? Truth is the thread to false science. You have it backward.
You quote scripture like you have the power of God in your hand.
Scripture is alive and does have the power of God.

You don't know what God thinks.

1Co 2:16 - For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

This is not true. What is evil is an opinion.
If good and evil were just an opinion then good and evil does not exist. Gong!
My faith is stronger than yours. My faith is in an omnipotent God of unconditional love.
Does that God allow any wickedness without stepping in?
My God loves and saves everyone with no conditions.
So He does not exist then. OK. Obviously all are not saved.

As if my wife would ever allow me to have a concubine.
I guess we should be thankful she allows you to post!? Keep us updated on what you are allowed to do.

Don't you find it a little strange if the Bible were the absolute truth and word of God that having a concubine would be morally okay?
No.
The ending of Psalm 137 is often omitted from readings in church:
“Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.” (Psalm 137:9)
Words of people so far gone and in sin that God had to allow them to be taken captive. No news there.

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)
What would you suggest Wal mart employees or slaves in Paul's society should have done, kill people?

What is moral and what is not moral is in the eye of the beholder. In my World, the way to salvation is not by joining Jesus's fan club or saying magic words. Being a fan of Jesus, as you seem to be, means nothing. Saying magic words means nothing. The way to salvation is by getting forgiveness from the people you have sinned against.
If people could save me that might be good advice. Too bad they are sinners too and can't save themselves or anyone else.
If you want justice you have to get it from our secular court of law.
I would question whether all decisions in court systems are just.

As I've said God is perfect, whole, complete, and without any needs or desires.
The great eunuch in the sky with no real opinions or spine. OK.

God has no reason, cause, or purpose to be involved in the affairs of men.
Jesus had a purpose to be involved in our world, to save us.

If you cause other people to suffer you will suffer here and now in equal proportion.
If we reaped all that we sowed and got what we deserved we would all be doomed.

Absolute authority comes from within.
No. That would be absolute darkness.
It takes courage to stand up and have confidence in thinking for yourself on such matters of opinion about God.
Flailing around in the dark does not so much take courage as it does pride and ignorance.

For you, however, you put all your trust in other people's opinions. You acquiesce to what everyone tells you what is right and what is wrong. You are a knee bender. It takes strength of conviction to have real faith God and stand up.
There are two choices. Bend to God or gent bent out of shape. Scripture is not people's opinions. Pot, meet kettle.

Sin causes nothing. We act badly because we have needs and desires.
Nonsense. It is not a sin to eat or have sex or walk or etc. It is not a sin to need something.

God did not create us this way. But you judge people and society as if God created people without any imperfections.
I judge squat. God judges. The reason God stepped in and acted in some cases with nations is not that they were imperfect. The reason was that they had rejected Him and His ways and spirit and life and were in outright rebellion. They had become dangerous to mankind and the plan for salvation.

When you label someone as a demon or call them evil this is not an expression of love.
When people blaspheme God and His people and word one could call that demonic.

dad

Undefeated
You are not God. It is not for you to judge. The men who wrote the Bible are not God. It is not for them to judge what is evil and what is not. Evil only exists in relationship between two people. It doesn't exist on its own as you believe. People are not inherently evil. People act in an evil way in relationship to someone else. This is why it is more important to take responsibility and fix the mess we have made than just saying magic words of supposed forgiveness which mean nothing to the person who is suffering as a result of our actions. It bothers me when people like yourself do not take evil seriously
It concerns me when people do not know evil from good and call evil good and good evil.

or assume you have achieved salvation by doing things that have nothing to do with cleaning up the mess you have created!
Salvation is a gift of God that we ask for. It is not a works trip or earned by our own goodness or merit.

My God is perfect.
Does it have a name?

This is fantasy delusion on your part. You know perfectly well based on human experiments there is NO amount of evil God will not tolerate in order to preserve our free will.
Noah's flood?

God is constantly dropping the ball with regards to unnecessary evil in favor of His long term plan. Again, if you want justice it will only come from a secular court of law.
That is the last place I would look.

I would not put God to the test and assume God is going to punish people you deem evil.
In the case of nations that received judgments in the past, it was more a matter of God saving the planet from wickedness gone amuk, or saving His people from baby killing demoniacs like Pharoah or Herod etc.

Nobody knows what God will do.
He told us exactly what He would do. Speak for yourself.

As I said evil is in the eye of the beholder. Which person in the World is God going to use as His definition of evil. Yours? I don't think so.
His word defines good and evil. It is not a matter of democracy.

I think you crave subjugation. This is why you kneel

I disagree. My God is way too powerful not to save everyone.
Or anybody at all!

My God uses His omnipotent powers of forgiveness to make sure everyone get's to experience eternal Heavenly bliss.
So we would have to endure wickedness forever under your no-name little god. I see.

When we die, we go into the light, we look into the face of God and we experience God's infinite beauty. This is the experience of eternal Heavenly bliss. Time stops, all our needs and desires are fulfilled, and our soul returns back to God from whence it came.
Thank you High Lama.

There is nothing stopping us from going into the light. For thousands of years people have documented near-death experiences which all talk about going into the light. There is no life after death. All there is after death is eternal Heavenly bliss after we experience God's infinite beauty.
No personality then, just some vague baloney that could be delusional.

I think people who refuse to accept an omnipotent God of unconditional love are just full of hate for themselves and the people around them. God's love has no conditions as you are making up with your false claims.
God will not accept evil and sin. Your god that embraces it is not the God of the bible and creator.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
In other words we deserve death and hell, but He had mercy and made a way to eternal life and forgiveness.
Hey! Read the story! They both were giving working Jews the chance to avoid the Temple rip-offs and the excessive charges for bed and board that the locals insisted upon, by giving them cleansing and redemption for nothing. That was their mission, to confront the Priresthood and Temple.
It seems to me that the multitudes He healed could not even work in many cases. His apostles worked for Him. He told them to leave their jobs! The Pharisees worked, but He told them basically to find another job! He is no respecter of persons and saved the rich and the poor.
He was baptising thousands, multitudes. What makes you think that healed people were still disabled? Read the bible story!
Excellent, so please provide for us here to see, a group of Israelites that can arrange bread each morning to feed millions in the dessert? Who can call in the angel of death to bring Pharoah into line? Who could bring water from rocks in the desert? Who could cause the sea to part and have dry land to walk over?
You still don't pay attention! I offered to discuss how the Israelites got clear of Egypt....... you just jumped ahead to some time after that. You do jump about, but we've seen many examples of that already.
In the last few minutes four people have asked Jesus into their heart and receive eternal life and became part of His people. All believers in the last 1000 years fit that bill also.
So you could not think of one (let alone four) cases where your God has brought salvation to his people. Not one. We are talking about salvation during life here.......

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
When God does have to judge nations He takes no pleasure in their death. I don't think I do either. However, I do look forward to the day His kingdom comes and His will is done on earth as it is in heaven. I do like it if some babies do not get murdered and burned and hacked to death.
The God of the Israelites didn't mind if outsider babies died, in or out of the womb.
k"By Amber Butts · March 24, 2020
Abortion clinics in Ohio have been ordered to cease nonessential, elective abortion operations, The Hill reports. This has spurred a debate between pro-choice and pro-life advocates on whether or not abortion is an essential procedure.
Ohio is the first state to make this decision, and the worry over others following suit is legitimate, with Texas running closely behind. Texas attorney general Ken Paxton stated that abortions shouldn’t be performed unless the mother is in danger, The Texas Tribune reports. Providers who violate the executive order risk being fined by $1000 and may face up to 180 days in jail.
Anti-abortion groups across the country celebrate the move, claiming that elective surgeries are a threat to public health."
Abortions Are An Essential Service, Even During COVID-19 Pandemic
All the above is a separate subject to this thread.
If you want to debate the above why don't you place a thread in, say, the politics section?

I do like it if some young people have trans operations canceled to maybe give them time to rethink things.
Transgender surgeries postponed indefinitely amid coronavirus pandemic
If you want to debate sexual individuality why don't you start a thread about it?
But why you would interfer in the lives of others in this way is a mystery.
If He isn't to you, luck won't help.
I'm a Deist!

dad

Undefeated
Hey! Read the story! They both were giving working Jews the chance to avoid the Temple rip-offs and the excessive charges for bed and board that the locals insisted upon, by giving them cleansing and redemption for nothing. That was their mission, to confront the Priresthood and Temple.

He was baptising thousands, multitudes. What makes you think that healed people were still disabled? Read the bible story!

You still don't pay attention! I offered to discuss how the Israelites got clear of Egypt....... you just jumped ahead to some time after that. You do jump about, but we've seen many examples of that already.

So you could not think of one (let alone four) cases where your God has brought salvation to his people. Not one. We are talking about salvation during life here.......
Gong

dad

Undefeated
The God of the Israelites didn't mind if outsider babies died, in or out of the womb.

All the above is a separate subject to this thread.
If you want to debate the above why don't you place a thread in, say, the politics section?

If you want to debate sexual individuality why don't you start a thread about it?
But why you would interfer in the lives of others in this way is a mystery.

I'm a Deist!
If molesting young people with diabolical anti-nature medical procedures is a crime to God then it is very topical is a thread looking at possible judgments of God.

gnomon

For shutting down the world? You apparently think highly of yourself.

Yes, I think very highly of myself downing nearly two pints of alcohol every day and smoking even though I've suffered from pulmonary sarcoidosis.

What is your excuse for being here?

dad?

dad

Undefeated
Yes, I think very highly of myself downing nearly two pints of alcohol every day and smoking even though I've suffered from pulmonary sarcoidosis.

What is your excuse for being here?

dad?
To straighten you out? But seriously I need no excuse.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
I do not look for good people. If people were good, Jesus would not have needed to come to pay their ransom price and save them. There are many nice people (much of the time) there are many fairly good people (much of the time) but there is no one on earth that never sinned. No one can save themselves. The very wicked are just people more given into sin than others. Sin is what causes death (and all the problems in the world)--that is the issue.
The only remedy if Jesus. He forgives sin because He was good and only He could have given His life to set us free from death and sin. Man's 'goodness' is like filthy rags that smell beyond any endurance in comparison. We need to accept His gift so we will have His goodness in us. There is no other way.

You hate life. You hate people. You live in fear and misery.

Gospel ? I don’t think so.

gnomon

To straighten you out? But seriously I need no excuse.

You obviously need an excuse. Called Jesus.

Because you don't know anything when a drunk Trumps your sorry ***.

But I can straighten you out. All excuses taken.....it's called forgiveness.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

I have a totally different tilt on sin and forgiveness.

Our faults and sufferings (sin) are thrust upon us by a process that preceded us and which will eventually destroy us. (Some call that process God).

Therefore it is God who eternally sins, for which we suffer.

Since that was not deliberate, and is not fixable, our sanity and happiness depend on us accepting these sufferings and imperfections for which we are not personally responsible.

In other words, man must forgive The Whole Damned Thing (a.k.a. God), so we don’t let our angst ruin us.

We must forgive God (the Eternal Process) to find the peace which surpasses understanding.

Don’t take the brown acid.

dad

Undefeated

Apparently you are a Trump hater and feel that this is somehow relevant to the thread.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
If molesting young people with diabolical anti-nature medical procedures is a crime to God then it is very topical is a thread looking at possible judgments of God.

What?
Let's get this right. So it looks as if you believe that God has peppered the World with Covid-19 in judgement against mankind because people have been molesting young people with diabolical anti-nature medical procedures?

Well, at least you aren't blaming your devil, Satan, for all this. I mean, Satan wouldn't do anything like that, would he? So it's your God that causes this kind of catastrophe, Satan would never think of anything so horrid, eh?

So much for your God!

No wonder Christianity is reducing year on year in your country. And by the way, it's probably reducing because of primitive extremism, certainly not because of benevolent Christianity.

dad

Undefeated
What?
Let's get this right. So it looks as if you believe that God has peppered the World with Covid-19 in judgement against mankind because people have been molesting young people with diabolical anti-nature medical procedures?
The full cup of sins include the vile sins of baby-killing and demonic abuse of young people, that is true. I am not sure God has acted here yet though, are you? It certainly seems to be a distinct possibility!

Well, at least you aren't blaming your devil, Satan, for all this. I mean, Satan wouldn't do anything like that, would he? So it's your God that causes this kind of catastrophe, Satan would never think of anything so horrid, eh?
Satan would love to kill every person on earth and debase them to hell if he could. The thing is he can only do what God allows. So God's judgment could include using the punk of course.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
The full cup of sins include the vile sins of baby-killing and demonic abuse of young people, that is true. I am not sure God has acted here yet though, are you? It certainly seems to be a distinct possibility!

Satan would love to kill every person on earth and debase them to hell if he could. The thing is he can only do what God allows. So God's judgment could include using the punk of course.
So Satan is God’s Enforcer ?
And the Angels are His Made Men ?

dad

Undefeated
So Satan is God’s Enforcer ?
And the Angels are His Made Men ?
Sometimes God did use Satan to test people and even bring destruction. Sometimes God used wicked nations to judge a nation He wanted to judge. Sometimes He used nature. Sometimes He used sickness/pestilence. Sometimes He used angels. In the future when He returns here, the Lion of the tribe of Judah will take care of business Personally.