• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maitreya explains what the 1000 years means

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
FFH,
The Maitreya Buddha has been prophesied since before Jesus Christ came at all.
The "Maitreya" person Drew talks about has nothing to do with the Maitreya Buddha. And if you ever tried to read any of the drek he passes off as divine revelation you would have no doubt he is an imposter.

Regards,
Scott
Without a doubt Scott, you have my 100% backing on your observations here.

PS: It should be noted that Drew22's Maitreya is the "Arizona" Maitreya and should not be confused with a fellow in Africa who also has taken the name. Hmmm. Two Maitreya's ... I wonder how that works.

PPS: Hiya Drew, I think you misunderstand simple disdain for "hatred". It is rather strong to say Scott/Popesays "hates" your imperious leader, but I will agree he has a certain measure of disdain. I am certainly with Scott on that observation. I wonder... maybe I should set myself up as the "Island" Maitreya and wait for the cash to start rolling in. Hmmmm, food for thought.

Popeyesays

Is it not possible that a maitreya and christ are one and the same?

It's not A maitreya, it's THE M aitreya, also known as the Maitreya Buddha or the Twelfth Buddha.

At the time of Christ the Maitreya Buddha was still awaited.

As to the identification with Chriswt? Sure, They are both one and the same in one sense, and two different personages separated by geography and time in another sense.

Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Adam. Buddha, Zarathustra, the Bab, Bahaullah, Muhammed, Krshna--all One and the same in one sense, and all different times and places and identities in another sense.

I thrive on dichotomy and paradox.

Regards,
Scott

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
It's not A maitreya, it's THE M aitreya, also known as the Maitreya Buddha or the Twelfth Buddha.

Woops, my mistake.

At the time of Christ the Maitreya Buddha was still awaited.

As to the identification with Chriswt? Sure, They are both one and the same in one sense, and two different personages separated by geography and time in another sense.

Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Adam. Buddha, Zarathustra, the Bab, Bahaullah, Muhammed, Krshna--all One and the same in one sense, and all different times and places and identities in another sense.

I thrive on dichotomy and paradox.

Regards,
Scott

Cool :D

That's pretty much my view as well :D

FFH

Veteran Member
Is it not possible that a maitreya and christ are one and the same?
No.

Matthew 24:22 And again, after the tribulation of those days which shall come upon Jerusalem if any man shall say unto you Lo! here is Christ, or there; believe him not,

Mark 13:24 And then immediately after the tribulation of those days which shall come upon Jerusalem if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ; or there, believe him not.

Popeyesays

No

Matthew 24:22 And again, after the tribulation of those days which shall come upon Jerusalem if any man shall say unto you Lo! here is Christ, or there; believe him not,

Mark 13:24 And then immediately after the tribulation of those days which shall come upon Jerusalem if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ; or there, believe him not.

Cherry-picking verses only confuses put them in context please--whole chaqpter if necessary.

Regards,
Scott

FFH

Veteran Member
Cherry-picking verses only confuses put them in context please--whole chaqpter if necessary.

Regards,
Scott
That's why I always provide links to the whole chapter.

Click on them, I'm not going to post the whole chapter, just the relevant verse or verses.

It's up to the reader to click on the link, read it in it's context and decide if it does or does not apply to the subject we're discussing here.

Popeyesays

Here's the chapter from Matthew and it cannot be cherry-picked, for it is one entire discourse from beginning to end and one cannot draw out any single verse and make a valid point:

Matthew 24

1And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25Behold, I have told you before.
26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
45Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
46Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
47Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
48But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
49And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
50The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, 51And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

-----------------------------------------

He is predicting the coming of the Comforter in the chapter and makinbg it clear that it will be someone other than His physical self.

Regards,
Scott

FFH

Veteran Member
He is predicting the coming of the Comforter in the chapter and makinbg it clear that it will be someone other than His physical self.

Regards,
Scott
The Comforter is the Holy Ghost.

I had that revealed directly to me while serving an LDS mission in Yokohama, Japan.

The Holy Ghost comforts us and brings peace. The Holy Ghost is God's spirit, it calms and comforts our hearts and minds.

No human being can do this, but Christ, the Father and the Holy Ghost, which is, I believe, Christ's and the Father's spirit/love extended unto man.

This title (Comforter) does not belong to any mortal man.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.

I had that revealed directly to me while serving an LDS mission in Yokohama, Japan.
By who?

As for that chapter, it doesn't seem to me that he's talking about one specific person being the true return (Thats if you wish to see it as a return). But I do think he's talking about looking out for people who claim to be the ultimate truth for some reason other than living it, either for personal gain or for power or whatever.

"26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not."

That to me speaks more about something else. I see that as saying "he" (whoever "he" is) is not one specific person, that you cannot say that it is only he in the desert or he "in the secret chambers". I see that as saying it isn't only him or him, it is everyone. We are all a part of the ultimate truth. It is WITHIN that we will find "him" - not WITHOUT.

Popeyesays

The Holy Ghost comforts us and brings peace. The Holy Ghost is God's spirit, it calms and comforts our hearts and minds.

No human being can do this, but Christ, the Father and the Holy Ghost, which is, I believe, Christ's and the Father's spirit/love extended unto man.

This title (Comforter) does not belong to any mortal man.

The Comforter is indeed the Holy Spirit as mirrored forth to mankind by Jesus, or Moses, or Muhammed. We do not have the capacity individually to be such a perfect mirror of reflection.

The problem with personal revelation to you or I, or persons other than those selected by God to be Ve3ssels of Revelation to mankind, is that we do not experience that kind of capacity, that perfect a reflective surface. Your personal revelation is for you, not for anyone else, and when one experiences these personal revelations one cannot be certain one has understood perfectly.

Regards,
Scott

logician

" Your personal revelation is for you, not for anyone else"

This sounds like Morpheus from "THE MATRIX".

FFH

Veteran Member
By the Holy Ghost, which is the spirit of God.

I've never had such a strong revelation before or since.

It came so loudly and clearly into my mind that it woke me up at 3 am and I heard the words, "It's the comforter".

I was living in Yokohama, Japan as an LDS missionary and I was thinking I was converting people to the gospel of Jesus Christ, God made it clear to me that I had nothing to do with it, I was only an instrument in which God was using to get his message out, and that was all I needed to do, the Comforter/Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit did the rest.

John 14: 16, 26
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
• • •
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

blackout

Violet.
By who?

As for that chapter, it doesn't seem to me that he's talking about one specific person being the true return (Thats if you wish to see it as a return). But I do think he's talking about looking out for people who claim to be the ultimate truth for some reason other than living it, either for personal gain or for power or whatever.

"26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not."

That to me speaks more about something else. I see that as saying "he" (whoever "he" is) is not one specific person, that you cannot say that it is only he in the desert or he "in the secret chambers". I see that as saying it isn't only him or him, it is everyone. We are all a part of the ultimate truth. It is WITHIN that we will find "him" - not WITHOUT.

Yes. I prefer to read most every passage as a "deeper secret message" that applies to each person of every generation throughout all of history. (for those with understanding). there may be other meanings too?:shrug: macrocosims?
But the microcosmic messages are the ones that draw me in... for they address the mystical inner truths... relevant to each and every one of us... down through EVERY age. (before this age has passed all these things shall come to pass.) age after age after age...

We are all a part of the ultimate truth. It is WITHIN that we will find "him" - not WITHOUT

I like that.
The messages are not so mysterious either when you consider them from that standpoint.

I wrote a song two christmases ago...
when I "had to" sing at the christmas mass
as paid musician,
(after I had already left the church)

I called it "Enter in/to the Stable".
The whole song was a double entendre.
A double meaning from start to finish.
Traditional christmas imagery on the surface...
but a much deeper message below ...
and between the lines.

Your words above remind me of that song...
and make me somewhat meloncholy.

Perhaps I will put up a recording of the song.
It's really good actually,
and it's rather a shame that it's become a relic...
on account of my own paradigm change.

I'm sorry for veering so far off topic.

drew22

invisable
By reading the book THOTH you can understand how the 1000 year prophecy spoken by Bahaullah is fulfilled in The Mission of Maitreya,i.e., Bahaullah said that there shall be no more prophets for 1000 years.
Bahais have been interpreting this 1000 year prophecy as, 'God sends a prophet every 200 to 1000 years, as an answer as to how God sends His prophets, that is, and generally Bahais will further this and say that God sends a prophet every 1000 years, when mankind needs Gods help, God will send a new prophet to say whatever message is needed for that time. To conclude, Bahais believe that Bahaullah is the prophet for this very day.
Further along, this ushering in of Bahaullahs teachings will bring in an era of world peace, i.e., there will be world wide peace, and then after the whole world will believe in the teachings of Bahaullah, The Most Great Peace.
So when it is said that there is a new prophet from God, most bahais will say it is wrong. The Bahais say this because they are reading from the Bahai writings, which are from God, and can easily read that Bahaullah said 1000 years will pass before a new prophet to come, it is easy and it is clear, written by Bahaullah himself. What it means is 1000 years and you cant change that because Bahaullah wrote it himself, and there is metaphoric interpretation allowed in this part of the Bahai writings.

The 1000 years mentioned by Bahaullah is the exact 1000 years mentioned in The Revelation in the Bible.

Have you read about the 1000 years written about in Revelation? Put the two together, Bahaullahs 1000 years and the 1000 years in Revelation and what do you get? A few Bahais who say that there will be 1000 years of peace. So they put a time period for the World Peace, as to last 1000 years from reading in The Revelation in the bible. Some Bahais do that and now we have world peace that will last 1000 years and after that a new prophet could come.

So Bahaullahs teachings have fulfill all that. But who said so?
"Prophets come every 200 to 1000 years" is not supported by scripture.
Nothing has to change as to what Bahaullah wrote about the 1000, and yet there is still a new prophet. This is because Maitreya has explained what the 1000 years actually means and that changes everything.

Just as all prophets do as God wants them, Maitreya is explaining what the 1000 years means and is plays quite a large roll in this new revelation, the last revelation of God. Actually, there will be no more prophets at all after Maitreya, or prophets to bring back what will be lost later. It says in the bible that mystery of God will be finished with the Seventh Angel, who is Maitreya and his yantra.

There are two 1000 year intervals, it is a sundering of souls, but it does not begin until the Seventh Angel opens the Book of the Seven Seals. The Seventh Angel, a person of Bahai renown who will be here any time after the passing of Bahaullah.

If you happen to read THOTH, it can be understood that there is nothing changed in what Bahaullah said about 1000 years, it is simply the same 1000 years in Revelation.

Maitreya, those Bahais who have discovered him, is the Alif of the Greatest Name. Alif of the Greatest Name means there can also be prophecies interpted from the Bahai writings that indicate that there is a third part to the Bahai revelation. Hence, we have Maitreya explaining the 1000 years.

When the Seventh Angel opens the Book of the Seven Seals the mystery of God should be finished is what it says in Revelation. The, "Mystery of God is finished", is not what at all what Bahai are saying, but that Gods mystery will go on forever and ever. Sounds correct, God is the unknowable.
What Maitreya is saying is that God has revealed what all these religions are on earth for,that is mystery of God finished--i.e., the reason all these religions are on earth, including Bahai, and that is, The Eternal Divine Path,or the Shrii Shrii Para Maha Yantra which explains why all religions are on earth,again, also including Bahai, is the reason we are here in the first place. There is no need to say this or that is from or not from God, it is all from God, grow-up and mature, anyone can see the Maitreyas yantra is a series of religious symbols, read them and simply grow-up. Each symbol on the yantra represents each religion and the whole thing will lead to God and bring the Kingdom of Heaven to Earth, it is a Path, that brings the Kingdom of Heaven to Earth. That is the major thing about The Revelation, in the bible, is the bringing of the Kingdon of Heaven to Earth, so that many more people who live in this Kingdom of Heaven on Earth will reach God. The is no need to wonder about all the confusing religions, this means that, and this,ect ect. The answer to the world problems were sent by God over time, each was an Angel of the seven churches meantioned in Revelation.

the website to this religious doctrine is, Mission Of Maitreya, "Eternal DIvine Path"

Popeyesays

From The Kitab'i Aqdas, verse 37:

"
Whoso layeth claim to a Revelation direct from God, ere the expiration of a full thousand years, such a man is assuredly a lying impostor. We pray God that He may graciously assist him to retract and repudiate such claim. Should he repent, God will, no doubt, forgive him. If, however, he persisteth in his error, God will, assuredly, send down one who will deal mercilessly with him. Terrible, indeed, is God in punishing! Whosoever interpreteth this verse otherwise than its obvious meaning is deprived of the Spirit of God and of His mercy which encompasseth all created things. Fear God, and follow not your idle fancies. Nay, rather, follow the bidding of your Lord, the Almighty, the All-Wise. Erelong shall clamorous voices be raised in most lands. Shun them, O My people, and follow not the iniquitous and evil-hearted. This is that of which We gave you forewarning when We were dwelling in `Iráq, then later while in the Land of Mystery, and now from this Resplendent Spot. "

emphasis mine. Baha`u'llah makes the claim to be the Maitreyah Buddha, 100 years before this fellow screamed at the doctor holding him.

Paragraph 121:
"
When the ocean of My presence hath ebbed and the Book of My Revelation is ended, turn your faces toward Him Whom God hath purposed, Who hath branched from this Ancient Root. "

By this is meant The Most Great Branceh, Abdu'l Baha.

Regards,
Scott

drew22

invisable
Yes, I read that part you have marked in red.

What could be more of an obvious meaning then the 1000 years in Revelation? Thousand years is thousand years and obviously, really!, obviously the 1000 years is the same as the one in Revelation.

drew22

invisable
Scott, I don`t believe Bahaullah ever said he was the, 'maitreya buddha'. Shogii Effendi added that later in his book, God Passes By. And by the way succession of leaders and the Time of Mustaghath works, your attempt to degrade Maitreya has failed.

Popeyesays

Scott, I don`t believe Bahaullah ever said he was the, 'maitreya buddha'. Shogii Effendi added that later in his book, God Passes By. And by the way succession of leaders and the Time of Mustaghath works, your attempt to degrade Maitreya has failed.

Sorry, Drew. Abdu'l Baha makes the claim in Paris Talks, p137, In Some Answered Questions p 165, Promulgation Of World Peace, pp. 197, 221, 346, and 348; Tablets of Abdu'l Baha, pp. 1, 469; and ie to August Forel, on page 27.

Shoghi Effendi discusses the claim in three places, including God Passes By pp. 94-95, but the Guardian's statement is an explanation of Abdu'l Baha's statements.

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

According to Abdu'l Baha and Shoghi Effendi the 1000 is one thousand calendar years of 365.25 days.

Abdu'l Baha waas not himself a Manifestation of God.

"He towers, in conjunction with them, above the destinies of this infant Faith of God from a level to which no individual or body ministering to its needs after Him, and for no less a period than a full thousand years, can ever hope to rise. To degrade His lofty rank by identifying His station with or by regarding it as roughly equivalent to, the position of those on whom the mantle of His authority has fallen would be an act of impiety as grave as the no less heretical belief that inclines to exalt Him to a state of absolute equality with either the central Figure or Forerunner of our Faith. For wide as is the gulf that separates `Abdu'l-Bahá from Him Who is the Source of an independent Revelation, it can never be regarded as commensurate with the greater distance that stands between Him Who is the Center of the Covenant and His ministers who are to carry on His work, whatever be their name, their rank, their functions or their future achievements. Let those who have known `Abdu'l-Bahá, who through their contact with His magnetic personality have come to cherish for Him so fervent an admiration, reflect, in the light of this statement, on the greatness of One Who is so far above Him in station.
3That `Abdu'l-Bahá is not a Manifestation of God, that, though the successor of His Father, He does not occupy a cognate station, that no one else except the Báb and Bahá'u'lláh can ever lay claim to such a station before the expiration of a full thousand years-- are verities which lie embedded in the specific utterances of both the Founder of our Faith and the Interpreter of His teachings."

The World Order of Bahá'u'lláh, Pages 128-139

drew22

invisable
I don't know why you go on about the succession set up of Bahaullah, it is not as important as you think, you said it yourself, Abdul-baha is not a prophet. Abdul-baha and Shogii Effendi writings are not suppost to be read at Bahai Feasts, only Bab and Bahaullah are read at feasts. If this has changed since I was a Bahai, then you must be hooked on some Bahai dogma of some sort. Yes, put those writings of Abdul-baha against me, it doesn't give me an answer from the prophet, which is ok if you are a bahai, lets just stick to scripture. The figures who succeeded Bahaullah are in fact, even in, 'a real', bahai world not considered scripture. Don't be concerned, I say.

God said it: "Whoso layeth claim to a Revelation direct from God, ere the expiration of a full thousand years, such a man is assuredly a lying impostor. We pray God that He may graciously assist him to retract and repudiate such claim. Should he repent, God will, no doubt, forgive him. If, however, he persisteth in his error, God will, assuredly, send down one who will deal mercilessly with him."

I never said anything against the above quote, you only think that I did. Maitreya never said anything contrary to the 1000 year prophecy, you only think he did(you thought you read it somewhere in THOTH, where did you read that Maitreya said that ). The whole thing is explained in Revelation though Maitreya.

Scott you have waited many years to tell me outright that Maitreya is going to be punished by God. That is the part you redded out in you quote.

Actually, it is you who is going to be punished by God, it may happen in this life or your next life. It can't be known for sure. The reason for this is the same reason Bahaullah had.