• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maitreya explains what the 1000 years means

Popeyesays

I don't know why you go on about the succession set up of Bahaullah, it is not as important as you think, you said it yourself, Abdul-baha is not a prophet. Abdul-baha and Shogii Effendi writings are not suppost to be read at Bahai Feasts, only Bab and Bahaullah are read at feasts. If this has changed since I was a Bahai, then you must be hooked on some Bahai dogma of some sort. Yes, put those writings of Abdul-baha against me, it doesn't give me an answer from the prophet, which is ok if you are a bahai, lets just stick to scripture. The figures who succeeded Bahaullah are in fact, even in, 'a real', bahai world not considered scripture. Don't be concerned, I say.

God said it: "Whoso layeth claim to a Revelation direct from God, ere the expiration of a full thousand years, such a man is assuredly a lying impostor. We pray God that He may graciously assist him to retract and repudiate such claim. Should he repent, God will, no doubt, forgive him. If, however, he persisteth in his error, God will, assuredly, send down one who will deal mercilessly with him."

I never said anything against the above quote, you only think that I did. Maitreya never said anything contrary to the 1000 year prophecy, you only think he did(you thought you read it somewhere in THOTH, where did you read that Maitreya said that ). The whole thing is explained in Revelation though Maitreya.

Scott you have waited many years to tell me outright that Maitreya is going to be punished by God. That is the part you redded out in you quote.

Actually, it is you who is going to be punished by God, it may happen in this life or your next life. It can't be known for sure. The reason for this is the same reason Bahaullah had.

I'm surpriswed that as a former Baha`i you are under the misconception that it is not appropriate to read Abdu'l Baha at Feast. You're wrong:
"Regarding the question you asked him about the Bahá'í sacred writings: these should be regarded as the writings of the Báb, Bahá'u'lláh and `Abdu'l-Bahá and only these should be read during the purely devotional part of the Feast . "Letters from the Guardian to Australia and New Zealand, by Shoghi Effendi, p. 71:

As to worrying about my debt to God whne I pass away, I will be secure in the fact that I did not give away anything by refusing to recognize this particular Maitreya. Would Abdu'l Baha approve of some judging the contents of another person's soul? I won't do that, I do not have the authority.

I never really like the taste of tripe, so I'm not going to dine on it.

Regards,
Scott

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Actually, it is you who is going to be punished by God, it may happen in this life or your next life. It can't be known for sure. The reason for this is the same reason Bahaullah had.
Actually, Drew22, I rather like Scott, although we do have our differences. If I were Scott, I wouldn't be especially worried about his appointment in the hereafter, he will do just fine. Maitreya, otoh, is going to have a bit of explaining to do, but even he shouldn't be too worried, because ignorance is always forgiveable.

Tau

It is real.
Go to the website and read and you will see that Maitreya is explaining what the 1000 years means. I donnot understand what you are saying, "in my dreams". I wake up and will go to the computer and there it is: Maitreya explaining the 1000 years.

Scott, you are not allow to explain the 1000 years, Bahai policy, UHJ. You will be kick-out at the snap of your fingers. Go ahead, try it. No, no, I mean the 1000 years mentioned a coulple of times the The Revelation, in the Bible(that`s right, please do that, read the bilbe). Do you want The Revelation to remain a mystery to the Bahai forever and ever, I mean there must be some meaning to The Revelation, do you have any ideas Scott?

d

Irrelevant and utterly subjective.

In your dreams as Scott says.

Popeyesays

Baha`u'llah's words do not condemn the misguided followers, the guilt is in the claim and the claim is made by Maitreyah in this instance.

Regards,
Scott

drew22

invisable
I only said what I said because Scott has highlighted that Maitreya will be punished by God, otherwise I have no idea what God is going to do with any of us.

Your ways of talking are old fashion, all of you, Ymir, Scott, Tau. The whole truth is with Maitreya, i.e., "the mystery of God should be finished with the Seventh Angel.
Your life in the hearafter? God has made it clear that reincarnation is true, so you are only coming back to this world. Heaven, Nirvana, Abah Kingdom, ect., is where you have reached God, you only come back to help people there, 'the Heaven', or if God has a message to give humanity the prophets come from there, and, 'there', is also known as Pure Consciousness.
All the messages have been given to humanity now, and the reason for that is to show us how to create the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth, so that many other may reach Pure Consciousness. How this is done is to create the Communities of Light.

The reason your words sound old fashion to me is that none of you incorporate all the religious teachings that God has given us, as is done in the Greatest Sign. 'someone', has told you reincarnation is not true, God surly did not. You cann't just say reincarnation is untrue, it doesnt work that way, far too many already believe in it.

Ymir, what about the people who have never heard about Jesus, do they enter the, "lake of fire"? Or is the, "lake of fire", merely this troubled world and how we understand it?

Scott, when do you figure, Entry By Troops, will be happening? The growth of the Bahai Faith, as documented on the internet, is only increasing because of birth rates in India.

Popeyesays

Define "troops". Are you still getting American Baha`i? Even though you're resigned from the faith?

We just had a ten day teaching effort here in the Oklahoma City area netted more than one declaration a day. Growth in India has averaged a 100,000 a year for more than a decade, so I guess it's beating the Baha`i birth rate.

I assume you're familiar with Abdu'l Baha's teachings about reincarnation:

"
But you have asked for arguments of the impossibility of reincarnation. This is what we must now explain. The first argument for its impossibility is that the outward is the expression of the inward; the earth is the mirror of the Kingdom; the material world corresponds to the spiritual world. Now observe that in the sensible world appearances are not repeated, for no being in any respect is identical with, nor the same as, another being. The sign of singleness is visible and apparent in all things. If all the granaries of the world were full of grain, you would not find two grains absolutely alike, the same and identical without any distinction. It is certain that there will be differences and distinctions between them. As the proof of uniqueness exists in all things, and the Oneness and Unity of God is apparent in the reality of all things, the repetition of the same appearance is absolutely impossible. Therefore, reincarnation, which is the repeated appearance of the same spirit with its former essence and condition in this same world of appearance, is impossible and unrealizable. As the repetition of the same appearance is impossible and interdicted for each of the material beings, so for spiritual beings also, a return to the same condition, whether in the arc of descent or in the arc of ascent, is interdicted and impossible, for the material corresponds to the spiritual. "

Some Answered Questions, Pages 281-289

Regards,
Scott

drew22

invisable
Yes, I know the writing of Abdul-baha and have studied it often, however, Maitreya has a different station than Abdul-baha. Maitreya is a prophet, the Seventh Angel, so you will find a much clearer answer as to what is reincarnation and its existance.

In the book THOTH, here is explained about reincarnation:

"
<1>If we say that Islam does not believe in reincarnation, then we are saying that God cannot reincarnate. That is directly opposed to the Koran's teaching of "Allah verily is Able to do all things." <2>Also, reincarnation is the way to believe in the justness of God. If all men have only one lifetime and a man was born in an environment where he never had a chance to progress and/or be told of the realities of the Scriptures and God, then God cannot judge him. But if he is reincarnated again and again, and warned and tested but he refuses to be guided, then it is justified for him to be drowned into illusion (be punished).
<3>Some people argue that, "If I have been in this world before, why do I not remember my past lives?" The answer is that it is the Soul which will be reincarnated, and the Soul does not have memory. Soul just IS. It receives the experiences of each lifetime. It is the unit consciousness which, by linking to the astral body and brain, has memory and receives its information and memories by using the storage rooms of the brain in each lifetime.
<4>However, all things will also be stored in the Universal Mind (Akashic Records) which humans can have access to only when in very high consciousness. <5>Those who change the Scriptures and destroy some revelations revealed by God, therefore, are doing it in vain, because some Prophet will come later on and bring the truth back to humanity by using the Universal Mind.
<6>That is why we do not remember our past lifetimes, but if we start meditating and analyzing ourselves, we will have experiences which will assure us we have been here before. Because the Soul had been impressed by the experiences in past lifetimes, it would react in such a way in different situations that we would, by realizing the self deeper, know that it had had some experiences before that causes it to now know how to act in this lifetime. <7>Also the memory of the past can be obtained from the Akashic Records (by His Grace).

Surah The Cow (Al-Baqarah)
The ability of God to kill or to give life (reincarnation):

And remember when you said: O Moses, We will not believe you until we see God face-to-face; and a lightning overtook you; you were witness thereof.
Then after you were downfallen, We revived you, that you might be grateful. (55-56)
<8>God has the power to bring to life whomever He wants, anytime He wants. Also, He can cause extinction to anyone at anytime He wants.

Surah The Family of Imran (Ali 'Imran)

...You bring the living from the dead, and bring the dead from the living... (27)
<9>God is able to bring forth the living from the dead. Allah in the Koran is an able God. He can do whatever He wishes to do. <10>So if He is an able God and can bring the dead from the living and the living from the dead, then He is also able to reincarnate. Because if we say He cannot reincarnate, then we are saying that He is not an able God as Prophet Muhammad taught.

...and I raise the dead, by God's permission... (49)
<11>It is God who will decide to raise or cause to die. It is God who can reincarnate or not reincarnate. It is God who can send the same person again and again to this earth, or decide not to. It is God who can send some people sometime or other people another time. Or it is God who does not send at all. So again, if we say, "God cannot reincarnate" then we are saying He is not an able God. We are saying what He can do or what He cannot do. He can do whatever He wants to do.

Surah Cattle (Al-An'am)

Surely it is God who sprouts the grain of corn and the datestone. Verily it is He who brings forth the living from the dead and brings forth the dead from the living. Such is God... (96)
<12>He created this universe and is the knower of the Laws of this universe. He can bring the dead from the living and the living from the dead. He can do whatever He wants to do, so He can reincarnate too. If He can bring you once to existence, then He can bring you to this world again.
<13>The problem is that many think they are their bodies. <14>We are not our bodies but are our Souls (consciousnesses). The body might change, but the consciousness does not."

drew22

invisable
And to further help those who were wondering about reincarnation I continue the paste from the book THOTH:

"
Surah The Heights (Al-A'raf)

There shall you live, and there you shall die, and from there you will be brought forth. (25)
<15>He said these things to Adam and Eve. So they will live on earth, they will die, and again they will be brought forth from the dead. The Lord God can bring into life whomever He wants. He can reincarnate.

Surah Jonah (Yunus)
Reincarnation to the gross world in order to progress and learn the lessons of life:

If God would have passed a judgment on humanity for the consequence of their evil actions as quickly as they desire to acquire good, the period of their lives would already have expired. But We allow those who do not believe in meeting with Us to wander in their transgressions blindly [stay in ignorance] so that they might progress. (12)
<16>So they (humans) will be left to live in the material world and would be reincarnated again and again until truly judged, and then a decision would be made about them, "But we shall allow those who do not believe in meeting with Us to wander in their transgressions blindly."

Surah The Romans (Ar-Rum)

Observe, therefore, the signs of God's mercy (everywhere), how He quickens the earth after its death! He is the One who gives life to the dead, for He is Able to do all things. (50)
<17>So He can quicken the Soul also, and reincarnate it again to a new life. "He is able to do all things."

Surah The Wind-Curved Sand-hills (Al-Ahqaf)

Have not they realized that God, who has created the heavens and the earth and was not wearied thereafter [so God did not rest on the seventh day from exhaustion but He became a witness entity of His self-sustaining universe] has the ability to give life to the dead also? He is able to do all things. (33)
Surah Iron (Al-Hadid)
Reincarnation: the ability of God to "quicken" (or to bring the spirit to higher consciousness or rebirth) and to kill (or to take to further ignorance, or death). He is able to do all things:

God has sovereignty over the heavens and the earth; He is the giver of the life and causes death; and is able to do all things. (2)
Surah Noah (Nuh)

And He then made you to return thereto, and will bring you back again, anew. (18)
Surah "He Frowned" ('Abasa)
God can bring men to life "when He wills:"

...God created man and set a measure for him (to follow);
Then He eased the way for him,
And then caused him to die and be buried,
Then He brings him to life when He wills.
No, man has not yet fulfilled what He had commanded him. (19-23)
<18>God can reincarnate and bring man back to life even before resurrection -- spiritual or physical, which is the same as reincarnation, because we know the body (cells) do not stay the same in a life period, so it is the Soul that assumes a new body -- as He did in the case of Elijah (John the Baptist). John the Baptist was the reincarnation of Elijah (Elias)
<19>Also He "set a measure for him (to follow)," but man failed and has not become what God wanted him to be. It is only through many lifetimes and reincarnations that he will eventually reach perfection as He willed him to become.

Popeyesays

The verse from The Heghts is inswufficient:
YUSUFALI: (Allah) said: "Get ye down. With enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood,- for a time."
PICKTHAL: He said: Go down (from hence), one of you a foe unto the other. There will be for you on earth a habitation and provision for a while.
SHAKIR: He said: Get forth, some of you, the enemies of others, and there is for you in the earth an abode and a provision for a time.
YUSUFALI: He said: "Therein shall ye live, and therein shall ye die; but from it shall ye be taken out (at last)."
PICKTHAL: He said: There shall ye live, and there shall ye die, and thence shall ye be brought forth.
SHAKIR: He (also) said: Therein shall you live, and therein shall you die, and from it shall you be raised.

The verse refers to Judgment Day, not reincarnation and such is obvious to anyone who has read the rest of the Qur'an.

As to what "Judgment Day" is or is not, that deserves its own topic.

Regards,
Scott

drew22

invisable
Scott: "Define "troops". Are you still getting American Baha`i? Even though you're resigned from the faith?"

"Troops". What I mean here is that everyone on the planet will become Bahais, and they will enter the Bahai Faith in great numbers. I am not an American. Why are you so worried about me being attached to the Bahai Faith? I resigned about four or five years ago, and they accepted.

I think Maitreya's explanation is much clearer. Also, where is a quote from the prophets of the Bahai Faith, Bab or Bahaullah? You say that Abdul-baha is scripture, that is, Abdul-baha's words are from God. The Bahais are indeed saying this, that Abdul-baha's words are from God, which is the same as, 'direct from God', therefore, Bahais make Abdul-baha a prophet, at the same time say he is not a prophet. Bahaullah said to turn to Abdul-baha in order to guide the Bahai Religion to its God given destination, and that has already been done.

I cannot make sense of Abdul-baha's writing on reincarnation, perhaps you can explain. What would be the point if you can't understand. Please expain what that writing of Abdul-baha where he talks about reincarnation.

Popeyesays

The verse from The Heghts is insufficient:
YUSUFALI: (Allah) said: "Get ye down. With enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood,- for a time."
PICKTHAL: He said: Go down (from hence), one of you a foe unto the other. There will be for you on earth a habitation and provision for a while.
SHAKIR: He said: Get forth, some of you, the enemies of others, and there is for you in the earth an abode and a provision for a time.
YUSUFALI: He said: "Therein shall ye live, and therein shall ye die; but from it shall ye be taken out (at last)."
PICKTHAL: He said: There shall ye live, and there shall ye die, and thence shall ye be brought forth.
SHAKIR: He (also) said: Therein shall you live, and therein shall you die, and from it shall you be raised.

The verse refers to Judgment Day, not reincarnation and such is obvious to anyone who has read the rest of the Qur'an.

As to what "Judgment Day" is or is not, that deserves its own topic. Yusuf Ali's translation of the verse is closer to its true intent than Shakir or Pickthall.

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

Scott: "Define "troops". Are you still getting American Baha`i? Even though you're resigned from the faith?"

"Troops". What I mean here is that everyone on the planet will become Bahais, and they will enter the Bahai Faith in great numbers. I am not an American. Why are you so worried about me being attached to the Bahai Faith? I resigned about four or five years ago, and they accepted.

I think Maitreya's explanation is much clearer. Also, where is a quote from the prophets of the Bahai Faith, Bab or Bahaullah? You say that Abdul-baha is scripture, that is, Abdul-baha's words are from God. The Bahais are indeed saying this, that Abdul-baha's words are from God, which is the same as, 'direct from God', therefore, Bahais make Abdul-baha a prophet, at the same time say he is not a prophet. Bahaullah said to turn to Abdul-baha in order to guide the Bahai Religion to its God given destination, and that has already been done.

I cannot make sense of Abdul-baha's writing on reincarnation, perhaps you can explain. What would be the point if you can't understand. Please expain what that writing of Abdul-baha where he talks about reincarnation.

Abdu'l Baha's role is like Peter's role--not to be the Messenger b ut the one left in authoirty for interpretation after the passing of the Messenger.

T`u'llah, not servant of God.

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

Entry by Troops is a process, in almost exactly 164 years, the Faith of Baha`u'llah has grown from a single follower (Mulla Husayn) to aprroximately seven million.
Nowhere is it said that everyone will become Baha`i by the way some will remain within their own cultural faiths. It's the Most Great Peace that is to encompass the earth not the Baha`i Faith.

Regards,
Scott

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Your ways of talking are old fashion, all of you, Ymir, Scott, Tau. The whole truth is with Maitreya, i.e., "the mystery of God should be finished with the Seventh Angel.
Would you be willing to place a wager on this bit of fluff?

The reason your words sound old fashion to me is that none of you incorporate all the religious teachings that God has given us, as is done in the Greatest Sign. 'someone', has told you reincarnation is not true, God surly did not. You cann't just say reincarnation is untrue, it doesnt work that way, far too many already believe in it.
LOL. Um, I heartily suspect that I know a good deal more about reincarnation and "pure consciousness" than you will likely learn in this short romp on Earth, friend. Given the rambling blather provided in TOTH, I would suggest that your dear Maitreya, doesn't have the foggiest idea about the subject of reincarnation either.

Ymir, what about the people who have never heard about Jesus, do they enter the, "lake of fire"? Or is the, "lake of fire", merely this troubled world and how we understand it?
Um... what "lake of fire" would that be,other than perhaps the psychotic ramblings of the delusional, that is? Other than this names are irrelevant. One need only learn to touch their source. All the rest is mere window dressing for the easily impressed.

drew22

invisable
Scott: "The verse refers to Judgment Day, not reincarnation and such is obvious to anyone who has read the rest of the Qur'an."

Drew: However, it said:
" On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood,- for a time." (Qur'an)

Yes, "for a time", this can mean many lifetimes.

"YUSUFALI: (Allah) said: "Get ye down. With enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood,- for a time."
SHAKIR: He (also) said: Therein shall you live, and therein shall you die, and from it shall you be raised. "

Sounds like reincarnation to me, look it says:"Therein shall you live, and therein shall you die, and from it shall you be raised. "

Let me tell you something about reincarnation. The purpose of the entire creation, everthing in existance, is to help us realize God and return to Him. That is the sole reason for this creation we live in. What it says here is: "Therein shall you live, and therein shall you die, and from it shall you be raised. " Living in this world will make us realize God, we will be, "raised". So we live here and die, but it is also here, on earth, or wherever, "from it", we are raised. Yes we are, "raised", to what?, towards God of course. It does not say in the afterlife we are, "raised", but in this world or creation we are raised, assumingly, raised up to God. So some, of course, are not going to find God as fast as others, this is the truth. So why would you say that reincarnation does not exist? You are not being fair to those who take a long time and a lot of living to realize God. Living in this world makes us realize God, that is why this world is here. Anyways, if you only believe in this this material world what choice have you got when you die but to return to this world, and if you are connected with God when you die then you have no other place to be except with God. Heaven and hell are not a place but a state of being.

So to sum up, yes, I agree there is a heaven, but it is not just given to us just for only believing, and I think the Bahais know this, but from reading the teachings of Bab/Bahaullah, "the Goal", this is going to be quite difficult to do in our short lives.

drew22

invisable
Scott, I just caught you last post, good one!

Scott: "It's the Most Great Peace that is to encompass the earth not the Baha`i Faith."

So Maitreya is the messiah!

I noticed you shy away from explaining Abdul-baha's meaning of reincarnation. Do you even know what it means? Are you suppost to know what it means?

Popeyesays

Scott, I just caught you last post, good one!

Scott: "It's the Most Great Peace that is to encompass the earth not the Baha`i Faith."

So Maitreya is the messiah!

I noticed you shy away from explaining Abdul-baha's meaning of reincarnation. Do you even know what it means? Are you suppost to know what it means?

Not according to the Aqdas, no. My opinion, of course.

I left the essay on reincarnation without further explanation, as I didn't think anything more was necessary.

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

Scott: "The verse refers to Judgment Day, not reincarnation and such is obvious to anyone who has read the rest of the Qur'an."

Drew: However, it said:
" On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood,- for a time." (Qur'an)

Yes, "for a time", this can mean many lifetimes.

"YUSUFALI: (Allah) said: "Get ye down. With enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood,- for a time."
SHAKIR: He (also) said: Therein shall you live, and therein shall you die, and from it shall you be raised. "

Sounds like reincarnation to me, look it says:"Therein shall you live, and therein shall you die, and from it shall you be raised. "

Let me tell you something about reincarnation. The purpose of the entire creation, everthing in existance, is to help us realize God and return to Him. That is the sole reason for this creation we live in. What it says here is: "Therein shall you live, and therein shall you die, and from it shall you be raised. " Living in this world will make us realize God, we will be, "raised". So we live here and die, but it is also here, on earth, or wherever, "from it", we are raised. Yes we are, "raised", to what?, towards God of course. It does not say in the afterlife we are, "raised", but in this world or creation we are raised, assumingly, raised up to God. So some, of course, are not going to find God as fast as others, this is the truth. So why would you say that reincarnation does not exist? You are not being fair to those who take a long time and a lot of living to realize God. Living in this world makes us realize God, that is why this world is here. Anyways, if you only believe in this this material world what choice have you got when you die but to return to this world, and if you are connected with God when you die then you have no other place to be except with God. Heaven and hell are not a place but a state of being.

So to sum up, yes, I agree there is a heaven, but it is not just given to us just for only believing, and I think the Bahais know this, but from reading the teachings of Bab/Bahaullah, "the Goal", this is going to be quite difficult to do in our short lives.

I'm sorry you are getting misleading information about Islam and the Qur'an.

We will all be raised from the grave on Judgment Day. One life, one death, one resurrection.

Only a fool would think this expresses reincarnation as an Islamic belief.

Regards,
Scott

drew22

invisable
Scott: "Entry by Troops is a process, in almost exactly 164 years, the Faith of Baha`u'llah has grown from a single follower (Mulla Husayn) to aprroximately seven million."

Drew: Yes, that is correct Scott. The Bahai Faith, is a part of the Eternal Divine Path, its message is universalism. It has spread thoughout the world as was God's Plan, it is established. The truth of the Bahai religion is its placement on the Eternal Divine Path, i.e., what it means on the Path of the Eternal Divine Path. Each of the great religions are represented as an Angel of the Seven Churches in Revelation, the bible. So that is correct, the Bahai Faith is an established religion.

Popeyesays

Scott: "Entry by Troops is a process, in almost exactly 164 years, the Faith of Baha`u'llah has grown from a single follower (Mulla Husayn) to aprroximately seven million."

Drew: Yes, that is correct Scott. The Bahai Faith, is a part of the Eternal Divine Path, its message is universalism. It has spread thoughout the world as was God's Plan, it is established. The truth of the Bahai religion is its placement on the Eternal Divine Path, i.e., what it means on the Path of the Eternal Divine Path. Each of the great religions are represented as an Angel of the Seven Churches in Revelation, the bible. So that is correct, the Bahai Faith is an established religion.

And . . . . . .?

Regards,
Scott