• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking outside your Box

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Cute poem.

But the first stanza kind falls apart at the end, especially in my worldview.

The second stanza sounds like something inspired by the Crusades.

There will always have to be I, as in this world, to survive we must look after ourself. In many ways that does not have to be centred on I though. As we are motivated to look after self so we are fit and healthy to look after others.

The world has become very I without knowing it and I am of the Generation that are the bigeest culprits. The western world built materialism as a goal and that is all about selfish aims. A big house, a few cars, the boat and holiday house, all the while half the world starves.

So the only crusade I see is in Bahai Mind is that of the union of all peoples, not by force, but by fostering the common good we all have within.

Regards Tony

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
There will always have to be I, as in this world, to survive we must look after ourself. In many ways that does not have to be centred on I though. As we are motivated to look after self so we are fit and healthy to look after others.

The world has become very I without knowing it and I am of the Generation that are the bigeest culprits. The western world built materialism as a goal and that is all about selfish aims. A big house, a few cars, the boat and holiday house, all the while half the world starves.

So the only crusade I see is in Bahai Mind is that of the union of all peoples, not by force, but by fostering the common good we all have within.

Regards Tony

What do the Baha'i state will happen if humanity is not united?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I see that is best answered by observing History and our own age.

We can note what has happened and what is happening when disunity is practiced.

We bring upon ourselves unnecessary calamities.

There is a lot of detail as to how those calamities will unfold, but as to the events that will change our mind into a unified whole, that is not written, just warnings given.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I don't know what Tony's take on that would be, but from my point of view that is a nonissue, because I believe that eventually humanity will be united since that is what God has ordained.

There is the two thoughts. Yes it is promised that we will be at peace as one people on one planet, that is what we work for, that is why we now post unity and oneness.

What happens until we achieve that unity is the other thoughts, it will also be our reality, as a distant peace is not our reality now.

So we do have to consider what we will face, if we do not practice unity now.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So we do have to consider what we will face, if we do not practice unity now.

Many also have to consider what will happen if they try to promote a unity that is based on our oneness, as there are many individuals who are apposed to a unity tat gives a fair go to all peoples.

Regards Tony

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I see that is best answered by observing History and our own age.

We can note what has happened and what is happening when disunity is practiced.

We bring upon ourselves unnecessary calamities.

There is a lot of detail as to how those calamities will unfold, but as to the events that will change our mind into a unified whole, that is not written, just warnings given.

Regards Tony

Interesting. You state "calamities" will unfold if "we" don't unite. You imply that if humanity doesn't unite, "half the world starves":

But then you go on to say that the Baha'i seek to bring a union of all peoples, not by force, but by fostering good.

Isn't fearmongering indoctrination by force?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Interesting. You state "calamities" will unfold if "we" don't unite. You imply that if humanity doesn't unite, "half the world starves":

I see half the world starves and we have not united.

One has to consider if that is a result of our disunity.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Isn't fearmongering indoctrination by force?

I see it is a result of our choices. I see it is justice to warn people of what will result from those choices. God knows the end game, we do not.

Thus God allows us those choices and there is no compulsion in religion.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But then you go on to say that the Baha'i seek to bring a union of all peoples, not by force, but by fostering good.

I do not fully understand what you are trying to say here.

I can add that God allows us to partake of all the benefits of this world, if they do not get in between doing what is right for all people.

There will always be poor and there will always be rich, what we must achieve is a balance where there is no extreme poverty and no extremely rich.

It has been foretold that humanity will reach a stage where people distribute their wealth of their own fee will, I see many have started to do this.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
At this juncture I was thinking it would be beneficial to explain what you mean by unity and disunity, because those are rather nebulous terms and could mean different things to different people.

That indeed is a good point, and much can be said on that subject.

The Key to a world unity most likely lays in this thought.

"Unity in diversity"

"... In the Baháʼí view, unity does not equal uniformity, but instead the Baháʼí writings advocate for the principle of unity in diversity where the variety in the human race is valued. Abdu'l-Bahá, the son of the founder Baha'u'llah, compared the human race to a flower garden where the garden was made more beautiful by its diversities of colour and form.

But there are many things to offer.

Regards Tony

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
To be free from prejudice, to be free from disunity and ego, to be free from the promptings of the insistent self is true freedom from the box.

As I understand it, the box is our attachment to our own ideas, our own understandings, views and interpretations.

The only thing that sets us free I believe, is truth, and we have not all yet discovered it otherwise we would all be united, we would all have arrived at the same destination. For one truth can never contradict another truth.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
The reason we are why we are is because of our choices and it is up to humanity to choose its own path. Baha’u’llah simply offered an alternative that we establish the world as our country and scale back nationalism in favour of what’s in the best interests of the entire human race. In other words inclusiveness and a home shelter and job for all, not this system where the rich get richer and the poor rely on handouts.

In Baha’u’llah’s vision, each and every person will be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of background and all shall have access to basic necessities such as food, clothing, medicines and shelter. None shall go in dire need.

The different races and religions will work together for the betterment of society. The model which He advocates is one which protects the dignity of all people from all backgrounds.

But it’s people’s choice and has always been whether to have wars or have peace. People go their own way and if there is to be unity or any changes in the world, it will be the choice of the people of the world.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
To be free from prejudice, to be free from disunity and ego, to be free from the promptings of the insistent self is true freedom from the box.

As I understand it, the box is our attachment to our own ideas, our own understandings, views and interpretations.

The only thing that sets us free I believe, is truth, and we have not all yet discovered it otherwise we would all be united, we would all have arrived at the same destination. For one truth can never contradict another truth.

Where I differ from Baha'i thought (I think) is in the expectation of this truth to be realized.

From what I've seen, Baha'i tend to force feed what they think truth is down the throats of those who have not yet realized truth or are not ready to realize it.

Realization of truth, in my experience, comes when one is ready to realize it, not when others think one should realize it.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Where I differ from Baha'i thought (I think) is in the expectation of this truth to be realized.

From what I've seen, Baha'i tend to force feed what they think truth is down the throats of those who have not yet realized truth or are not ready to realize it.

Realization of truth, in my experience, comes when one is ready to realize it, not when others think one should realize it.

It’s up to everyone to choose for themselves whichever path they desire. That is the way it has always been and will continue to be. That is everyone’s right and freedom.