• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Listen while a MAGA preacher in Texas calls for execution of gay people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
What on earth is wrong with gay people raising children? Asserting gay people can't be good parents is ignorant bigotry.
I'm not asserting capabilities of gay couple but rather the rights of children.

What rights have children raised by gay parents been denied exactly? What moral reason is there to deny gay parents the right to raise children?
The right to choose for them self.
ie. to honestly explain to them what it means to be a child of a gay couple.

Ignorant religious bigotry for example, much worse, and deeply pernicious.
If someone feels nauseous, you can't stop them from having that feeling because it's a natural thing.
This doesn't have to do anything with religion.
There are people who are not religious yet have the same feeling.

do you have any idea how disgusting your sex looks to a homosexual??
How do you know that?

Sheldon

Veteran Member
That isn’t the same thing bro. There is no sin makes you nauseous? They’re all the same, racism makes me nauseous.

Do you not know what an analogy is, I suspect this evasion of the question is nonsense. KWED is not asking you if you skin colour makes you nauseated, he is asking if someone found skin colour nauseating would it justify racism? Just as you implied finding gay people nauseating justifies homophobia, and yes that would be precisely the same justification for an ignorant prejudice.

Do you not know what an analogy is, I suspect this evasion of the question is nonsense. KWED is not asking you if you skin colour makes you nauseated, he is asking if someone found skin colour nauseating would it justify racism? Just as you implied finding gay people nauseating justifies homophobia, and yes that would be precisely the same justification for an ignorant prejudice.
Like I hate liver and you say, can’t believe you hate food?

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I'm not asserting capabilities of gay couple but rather the rights of children.

What rights are you claiming that children of gay couples being denied, that children of heterosexual couples are not?

The right to choose for them self.ie. to honestly explain to them what it means to be a child of a gay couple.

Children of heterosexual couples don't have this right either, so what on earth are you talking about? You want the children of gay couples to have a right children of heterosexual couples do not, why on earth would anyone want that?

If someone feels nauseous, you can't stop them from having that feeling because it's a natural thing.

Quote one post where I have claimed you could or should stop someone holding a prejudiced belief? This was offered by you as justification for expressing homophobia, that is a very different to holding a bigoted ignorant belief.

This doesn't have to do anything with religion.

Of course it does, don't be absurd, read the thread OP.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Children don't give consent to be raised by heterosexual couples either, so this is asinine.
this doesn't make sense because what about children who are made by heterosexuals? you can't ask them even if you wish since they don't exist yet.
problem is specific to gay couple who can't make children but instead need to adopt one.

I guess you'd have trouble with a black couple adopting a white baby too!
No I won't, but we already been over racism before.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Now you sound like you’re whining and must not have understood me or attempted to.
You accused him of racism, without any justification, when all he did was offer an analogous comparison of your justifying homophobic prejudice on the basis of finding gay people nauseating. I understood you perfectly, though you either did not understand him, or were trolling? An unjustified accusation of racism is pretty appalling behaviour. Your hand waving ad hominem isn't going to change my mind about that.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Sheldon said:
Like I hate liver and you say, can’t believe you hate food?

No, not even close, is English your first language, seriously?

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Sheldon said:
Children don't give consent to be raised by heterosexual couples either, so this is asinine.
this doesn't make sense because what about children who are made by heterosexuals?

They don't have the right to decide whether their parents are gay or straight, so why on earth do you want children of gay parents to have this right? That's what makes no sense?

you can't ask them even if you wish since they don't exist yet.

You're the one suggesting children have this right, not me, so what on earth are you talking about/

problem is specific to gay couple who can't made children but instead need to adopt one.

Of course gay people can and do have children, and again why are you asserting children of gay parents need this right while children of straight people do not? It makes no sense at all.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
You're the one suggesting children have this right, not me, so what on earth are you talking about/
Why do you ignore the fact that gay couple needs to adopt a child because they can't make one? therefore we are talking about already born children.

heterosexual couple simply makes one and there is no way to ask a sperm if it wishes to be born lol, don't be silly and equate these 2 things.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Why do you ignore the fact that gay couple needs to adopt a child because they can't make one?
It's not a fact, gay people can and do have children, I know some personally. So you think the children of straight adoptive parents should be asked if they want straight or gay parents then, obviously?

Sheldon

Veteran Member
heterosexual couple simply makes one and there is no way to ask a sperm if it wishes to be born lol, don't be silly and equate these 2 things.
So should the children be asked later if they want straight or gay parents? This is your asinine idea after all. What about straight adoptive parents, would you demand the children they adopt be asked if they want straight or gay parents?

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
What about straight adoptive parents, would you demand the children they adopt be asked if they want straight or gay parents?
No because that child would be a child of straight couple anyway if not adopted.

So should the children be asked later if they want straight or gay parents?
There will be enough time to ask those raised by gay couples whether they liked that or not in the future.
I don't think these people are going to be happy.

It's not a fact, gay people can and do have children
for god's sake how do 2 men make a child if not by adoption?

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
Franky?
Major issue about homosexuality for people who are not homosexual is nausea.
I'm going to be assuming you're not speaking from a personal position, for your benefit...
Pray tell; What it is about love, respect, and/or appreciation from a man to a man, or from a woman to a woman induces nausea within these reasonable and rational people?

They're not envisioning coital relations using their imaginations, are they? That would be hasty generalizations and demonization ad nauseam, awfully perverse too. Furthermore, how could they possibly remain conscious while holding such mental images, when considering how they're so disgusted by individuals committing horrors such as... *Gasp* Holding hands?! *Eek* Physical romance?! Oh, the humanity!!! And I've been told that's just the beginning! You ought to hear about what they do when they're 'sitting in the tree' branches together, here's a hint: It ends in 'S-S-I-N-G'. Next thing you know, they'll be listening to that 'Rock N' Roll' and... just think... Dancing!!! :dancers:

On adoption: Imagine a straight couple incapable of conceiving on their own, they go through the official and correct procedures for hiring sperm/egg bank or a surrogate parent to help where they were needing. If the sperm/egg of the surrogate/donor, that was used to conceive carry and birth this hetero-couple's baby, happened to be the reproductive materials of a homosexual, does that have any bearings on your perception of that family?

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
f the sperm/egg of the surrogate/donor, that was used to conceive carry and birth this hetero-couple's baby, happened to be the reproductive materials of a homosexual, does that have any bearings on your perception of that family?
No, but what does this prove?

74x12

The Christian kooks of the Ku Klux Klan, wear crosses and think that they are doing God's bidding when they kill Blacks, Jews, and criminals. They don't follow laws, they make their own, and think that God's laws take precedence.
I don't think these people have anything to do with that.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
You’re sounding bigoted and racist,
Yeah, you're gonna have to explain that pal.

I don’t judge people by skin color or sexual orientation,
You clearly do.

I don’t discriminate against anyone yet I find sin nauseating and destructive.
"I've got nothing against homosexuals, they just make me physically sick".
No irrational bigotry there at all.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
this doesn't make sense because what about children who are made by heterosexuals? you can't ask them even if you wish since they don't exist yet.
problem is specific to gay couple who can't make children but instead need to adopt one.
You seem unbelievably ignorant of the issues you feel so strongly about (not at all unusual for religionists).
Children can be conceived by heterosexual and/or homosexual people and couples. Gay people sometimes marry and have children before coming out/accepting their sexuality. Gay couples can use sperm donors, surrogates, IVF, etc.

And the children of heterosexuals or who are to be adopted by heterosexuals don't get to choose under a certain age.
As I said, gat adoptive couples go through exactly the same procedure as heterosexual couples, so what are you complaining about?

No I won't, but we already been over racism before.
You claim it is about choice and consent, so if the child is not able to choose the race of their adoptive parents, your objection is the same. So why are you not nauseated by mixed race adoptions?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
This thread reminds me of an expression:
"There's no hate like Christian love."

It's baffling that some people would rather live in a world where I'm dead or in prison because of who I love. Or think their God will sentence me to eternal torture because of it.

I'm thankful that perspective is slowly dying out.

:purpleheart::blueheart::greenheart::yellowheart::heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.