• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's talk about Satan

omega2xx

Of course I can, but it wouldn't do any good. You are absolutely convinced that you are right, and no amount of evidence would persuade you otherwise.

I am no more convinced that I am right than you are that you are right. My main point is that not about who is right, it is about which book is from God, the Bible or the BOM. There serious differences in the BOM and the Bible. To use them both to find the truth is absurd. Most of what in that post was not from the Bible and some of them are contradicted in the Bible

So go right ahead and try to back me into a corner. I know better than to cast my pearls before swine.

I am not trying to back you into a corner. IOW you can't defend what you believe.

Oh, so they finally figured you out, huh. Good for them. I was wondering how long it would take them to see through you.

Not them, the one they had to report to. The one who was going to set me straight. When he accused me of something I had not done, I got in his face and tole him not to put words in my mouth. Then when I ask him a question he could not answer, he got in a huff and left. It was not a matter of seeing through me. I told those 2 young men right up front, I was not going to try and convert them. I always prayed with them that God would show us His truth, not mine or theirs. So the next time you accuse me of something, know what you are talking abut.

The 2 young men were willing to comeback but their leader would not allow it. I think he thought I might convert them.

omega2xx

Onyx said:
I don't really believe in an afterlife, but who knows.

I do.:)

My more immediate concern is how I can make the most of what the universe has already entrusted to me. More specifically, conscious self-awareness or the Self (capital S).

Any examples?

I worship myself. I have no desire to worship a god, or to be a god for anyone else.

Have you ever considered that the God of the Bible may really and what the Bible says about Him is true?

omega2xx

Ya sure buddy. Saying Nuh uh is a totally cogent argument. You got me.

Care to actually defend the claim or are glib platitudes the best you can do? Wait, I suppose you have already answered that one.

You stick one out there and I will defend it from the Bible or admit I can't. Can you defend anything you believe, or are you just blowing smoke?

You stick one out there and I will defend it from the Bible or admit I can't. Can you defend anything you believe, or are you just blowing smoke?
I am laughing so hard right now, not even kidding, so thanks for that;it's been a long day and I needed it.

You have literally gotten lost and forgotten what we are talking about.

Please return to the post of mine (#63) that you originally replied to, take a deep breath, and try to focus.

israeliteindeed

Not a deity nor a symbol. Just an angel doing his job like all the others.
Satan merely means adversary or opponent. It is an untranslated word. Any can be a satan.
The first time SATAN is used in scripture(KJV) it is speaking of God being opposed to Israel. Compare 1Chron_21:1 and 2Sam_24:1.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Do you believe Satan is a very real deity, or is Satan just a symbol? It seems to me that monotheism would require the latter, but what's your viewpoint?

Feel free to include other "dark lords" and religious text if you want.

Angel with a purpose. I've not fully decided whether that's a self-imposed purpose or a God-imposed purpose.

knghtkings

I believe as the bible states he was first the head of all angels in heaven
He was given great powers and then he deceived himself into thinking he was God
where he thought 'I will be like the most high' and God saw this and banish him from heaven and 1/3 of the angels followed him
the lake of fire was created for him and his followers
Then God created mankind and these angels were jealous and tempted mankind to also sin against God
sometime God would call him back into heaven and the ban was lifted. and God would sometime talk with him about people on earth
such as Job an God had confidence in Job and allowed Satan to tempt him and could do anything but take his life
Satan took away all his possessions had his complete family destroyed but Job never lost his faith in God.
Jesus through his sacrifice defeated Satan at Calvary while now Satan is already defeated is allowed to the appointed time to continue to tempt mankind.
Upon Jesus's return to the earth at the end of the Tribulation , Jesus/God will wrap him in chains and place Satan in the bottomless pit for 1000 years while Jesus rules here on earth.
Satan after 1000 years will be released and he stir up an uprising against Jesus city Jerusalem where the lost will surround Jerusalem and attempt to storm the city but a fire from heaven will come down from heaven and destroy them and Satan will be thrown into the lake of fire forever.

Onyx

Premium Member
I believe as the bible states he was first the head of all angels in heaven
He was given great powers and then he deceived himself into thinking he was God
where he thought 'I will be like the most high' and God saw this and banish him from heaven and 1/3 of the angels followed him
the lake of fire was created for him and his followers
Then God created mankind and these angels were jealous and tempted mankind to also sin against God
sometime God would call him back into heaven and the ban was lifted. and God would sometime talk with him about people on earth
such as Job an God had confidence in Job and allowed Satan to tempt him and could do anything but take his life
Satan took away all his possessions had his complete family destroyed but Job never lost his faith in God.
Jesus through his sacrifice defeated Satan at Calvary while now Satan is already defeated is allowed to the appointed time to continue to tempt mankind.
Upon Jesus's return to the earth at the end of the Tribulation , Jesus/God will wrap him in chains and place Satan in the bottomless pit for 1000 years while Jesus rules here on earth.
Satan after 1000 years will be released and he stir up an uprising against Jesus city Jerusalem where the lost will surround Jerusalem and attempt to storm the city but a fire from heaven will come down from heaven and destroy them and Satan will be thrown into the lake of fire forever.
Thank you for taking the time to share your beliefs.

Onyx

Premium Member
Why would monotheistic satanism require that Satan be just a symbol?

Anyway...

He is both, and neither. he does not live, but he exists, and persists throughout the ages. He is the greatest teacher, the destroyer of all things, and at the center of all real progress.

Confused yet? Good, you are supposed to be.
If we boil everything down, are we simply talking about the Will of an individual creature? If so, where does that Will originate from in your opinion?

As a side note, you have a knack for writing. I'd buy the books.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Do you believe Satan is a very real deity, or is Satan just a symbol? It seems to me that monotheism would require the latter, but what's your viewpoint?

Feel free to include other "dark lords" and religious text if you want.

Iv'e always regarded Satan to be a symbol and an archetypal character. I regard him to be symbolic of many things such as Pride, Greed, Envy, Carnality, Wrath etc. I view him as the very force in nature a force that drives humanity to survive among its footsteps. I regard him as an adversarial opposer of light that of God himself. I view Satan to be the carrier of the Black Flame the gift of Adversarial Self realization to the Satanists embodiment and mindset. I also regard Set as an Archetype as well, for he is the isolator and tester, At times I have experienced Depression and anger but I believe that I am being constantly battled by Set as an initiate and a practitioner of the Left Hand Path. I believe in amoralism and breaking of social Taboos whether viewed puritanically or not. I believe ones breaking of Taboos leads the initiate to his carnal and animalistic nature as man has always been. I have practiced Magick for quite a while, but I have accomplished so many things internally with Magick. Magick has changed the way of who I am, when I view Satan as the one who questions, I question various things as well. I regard questioning to be the very embodiment of the Satanist alone. I do not practice Magick all the time for I have improved internally with Magick, I may not believe in the afterlife or the existence of entities but I believe that Magick evolves the human psyche internally.

Onyx

Premium Member
Iv'e always regarded Satan to be a symbol and an archetypal character. I regard him to be symbolic of many things such as Pride, Greed, Envy, Carnality, Wrath etc. I view him as the very force in nature a force that drives humanity to survive among its footsteps. I regard him as an adversarial opposer of light that of God himself. I view Satan to be the carrier of the Black Flame the gift of Adversarial Self realization to the Satanists embodiment and mindset. I also regard Set as an Archetype as well, for he is the isolator and tester, At times I have experienced Depression and anger but I believe that I am being constantly battled by Set as an initiate and a practitioner of the Left Hand Path. I believe in amoralism and breaking of social Taboos whether viewed puritanically or not. I believe ones breaking of Taboos leads the initiate to his carnal and animalistic nature as man has always been. I have practiced Magick for quite a while, but I have accomplished so many things internally with Magick. Magick has changed the way of who I am, when I view Satan as the one who questions, I question various things as well. I regard questioning to be the very embodiment of the Satanist alone. I do not practice Magick all the time for I have improved internally with Magick, I may not believe in the afterlife or the existence of entities but I believe that Magick evolves the human psyche internally.
Great post, thanks!

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
BTW what religion is xeper?
Xeper is not a religion but it is a phrase known as "coming into being," Xeper is a step of change to the individual the way the individual undergoes his experiences and his destiny. The phrase Xeper is a key definition by the Temple of Set.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Satan merely means adversary or opponent. It is an untranslated word. Any can be a satan.
Your point being?
The first time SATAN is used in scripture(KJV) it is speaking of God being opposed to Israel. Compare 1Chron_21:1 and 2Sam_24:1.
No, the first time its used is in Num. 22:22.

Anything else you'd like to tell me that you know?

mbdrums

I fail to see the Anti-Semitism, RabbiO.
I was involved some of the highest Chabad Lubavitchers in the Hasidim for over 7 years and though I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and miss being a part of it today, sadly, it's a fact that are some very hateful Anti-Christian/Missionary people in Judaism - Rabbi Shmuley Boteach being one of them and websites like:
The Anti-Missionary Gateway
https://jewsforjudaism.org/
Yad L’Achim
The ultra-Orthodox organization, Yad L'Achim, with one of their members, Jack Teitel, who tried to murder a young Messianic (see Israel Today article: Jewish anti-missionaries take on Messianic believers)
https://outreachjudaism.org/
(Counter Missionary Articles and Lessons)

Hate is an emotion committed by ALL races, religions & genders. Jesus Christ was Jewish and He was condemned to death by His own people (as detailed in the Talmud), carried out by Pontius Pilate, a Gentile.