• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's talk about Satan

omega2xx

I am laughing so hard right now, not even kidding, so thanks for that;it's been a long day and I needed it.

You have literally gotten lost and forgotten what we are talking about.

Please return to the post of mine (#63) that you originally replied to, take a deep breath, and try to focus.

Chuckle over this---#63 was not yours.

Try to focus.

If you want me to defend something spit it out or swallow it.

It is incomprehensible that God should exist, and it is incomprehensible that he should not exist. Blaise Pascal

omega2xx

Ya sure buddy. Saying Nuh uh is a totally cogent argument. You got me.

Care to actually defend the claim or are glib platitudes the best you can do? Wait, I suppose you have already answered that one.

Is English your first language?

It is incomprehensible that God should exist, and it is incomprehensible that he should not exist. Blaise Pascal

chinu

chinu
Do you believe Satan is a very real deity, or is Satan just a symbol? It seems to me that monotheism would require the latter, but what's your viewpoint?

Feel free to include other "dark lords" and religious text if you want.
If there's Good there's also Bad,
If there's High there's also Low,
If there's Light there's also Dark,

Hence, yes, if there's "Truth" there's also a "Satan"

Do you think there's any eternity "Truth" which you aren't aware of
?

tell me.. :)

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
The lower nature in man is symbolised as Satan - the evil ego within us, not an evil personality outside - from the Baha'i writings

whirlingmerc

I would say G-d 'observed' the Sabbath at creation when he rested on the 7th day and called it holy (the only use of holy in Genesis BTW)

On the subject of Satan... yes... I think he is an angelic person...
I also think the Bible has him as more of a side character and not the main focus
If you notice in the book of Romans Satan is mentioned in almost the closing very 'the God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet' so as the church carries the gospel to the world the promise of the serpent's head is fulfilled as Jesus crushes the serpents head through the redeemed

He is the serpent in Genesis, and the serpent theme is carried through the Bible in Pharaoh in exodus (Pharaoh wore a serpent or two figure as part of his headpiece), Job has Satan as antagonist, Ezekiel poetically compares the King of Babylon to Satan in some sort of Garden and in Zechariah Satan accuses Joshua the high priest, In psalm 109, Satan is at the right hand of judas figure and God at the right hand of the poor man (Jesus)

And ironically Jesus is personified as 'the bronze snake lifted in the dessert' that one can look to to be healed of the poisson snake bite. He who knew no sin became sin that we might be the righteousness of God.

Last edited:

Onyx

Premium Member
Xeper is not a religion but it is a phrase known as "coming into being," Xeper is a step of change to the individual the way the individual undergoes his experiences and his destiny. The phrase Xeper is a key definition by the Temple of Set.
I decided not to display the word "Setian" publicly to avoid confusion, as I'm not a member of the Temple of Set.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I decided not to display the word "Setian" publicly to avoid confusion, as I'm not a member of the Temple of Set.

So? Any Setian is themselves a temple of set, an indwelling for Set.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
The lower nature in man is symbolised as Satan - the evil ego within us, not an evil personality outside - from the Baha'i writings

Why would it symbolize the lower nature of man? I'm not overly familiar with Baha'i, but generally Satan is that which questioned god, associated with things like the intellect and individual self hood. Is Satan vastly different in your faith?

Chuckle over this---#63 was not yours.

Try to focus.

If you want me to defend something spit it out or swallow it.

Ok you got me, I made a typo it was 61 not 63.

No less funny that you seem to have forgotten that you quoted it/challenged me on it.

Good old fashioned disingenuous behaviour or the early onset of Alzheimer's..there's no telling which at this point.

Is English your first language?

Yes..yes it is. Shall we add reading comprehension issues to your seemingly selective memory?

In the future, don't quote/challenge my posts if you are just going to act confused and pretend you didn't later. It's hilarious, but not to flattering to you and it really just wastes time.

omega2xx

Yes..yes it is. Shall we add reading comprehension issues to your seemingly selective memory?

In the future, don't quote/challenge my posts if you are just going to act confused and pretend you didn't later. It's hilarious, but not to flattering to you and it really just wastes time.

If you want to discuss something specific, fine. If you are here just to blow smoke, go back to the playground and blow it to the other children.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Do you believe Satan is a very real deity, or is Satan just a symbol? It seems to me that monotheism would require the latter, but what's your viewpoint?

Feel free to include other "dark lords" and religious text if you want.

I'll go with symbol.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I am no more convinced that I am right than you are that you are right. My main point is that not about who is right, it is about which book is from God, the Bible or the BOM. There serious differences in the BOM and the Bible. To use them both to find the truth is absurd. Most of what in that post was not from the Bible and some of them are contradicted in the Bible.

I am not trying to back you into a corner. IOW you can't defend what you believe.

Not them, the one they had to report to. The one who was going to set me straight. When he accused me of something I had not done, I got in his face and tole him not to put words in my mouth. Then when I ask him a question he could not answer, he got in a huff and left. It was not a matter of seeing through me. I told those 2 young men right up front, I was not going to try and convert them. I always prayed with them that God would show us His truth, not mine or theirs. So the next time you accuse me of something, know what you are talking abut.

The 2 young men were willing to comeback but their leader would not allow it. I think he thought I might convert them.
You are so full of crap I can hardly believe it. I am through talking to you. Make all the accusations you want, and continue to tell yourself that I am unable to respond to them. It's apparently what you need.

omega2xx

You are so full of crap I can hardly believe it. I am through talking to you. Make all the accusations you want, and continue to tell yourself that I am unable to respond to them. It's apparently what you need.

You would if you could, but you can't

Don't forget to cover your ears as you run away.

If you want to discuss something specific, fine. If you are here just to blow smoke, go back to the playground and blow it to the other children.
Ok, you either literally have some sort of memory disorder or are the most disingenuous person I have ever come across. I mean, I've seen some pretty dishonest arguments, but pretending you didn't even post at all is taking it to a new level. Since you either can't remember posting or are going to pretend you didn't, let me remind you with some evidence of you ..well..posting.

mbdrums

My post #61, in reply to user mbdrums, where I challenged his claim that 'evil is measurable by science'

your post #65 where you came to his defense and asked me to quote where he claimed that

my post #71 where I provide that quote and ask you if you would like to try to support the original claim made by user mbdrums(since you inserted yourself into the exchange)

your post #101 where you glibly ducked that challenge without actually responding to it.

My post #114 where I point out that you have come to user mbdrums aid yet backed off of the actual subject matter.

This seems to be where you forgot you were even posting. Where am I? wheres my pants? Who are these people?

You're a riot buddy.

rusra02

Premium Member
"Satan" or "Hasatan" was adopted by Judaism from the Zoroastrian religion, where his name was AHRIMAN and earlier ANGRA MAINYU, the "evil spirit". It was an invention of the Persian prophet Zarathustra who did not want to credit evil to his "Good Lord" Ahura Mazda" who became YHWH in Judaism and THEOS/DEUS (English "God") in Christianity.
None of those fantasized beings are real, of course.
It may be that apostate Jews took religious ideas from Zoroastrian religion, but this occurred long after the events in the Hebrew Scriptures, including it's references to Satan, were recorded. Further, the worship of many gods in ZoroastrianIsm bears no resemblance at all to the exclusive worship of the one true God Jehovah, IMO.