• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Open Our Minds To The Truth

A. Ben-Shema

Seems to me using the word satan in this manner implies a "being" and not a mindset of man. :shrug: It's confusing.

Personally, I believe even less in Satan than I do God....

How can you believe less in your 'mind'? It is the mind which is controlling us, until we learn how to control it! My Master says that the mind can be a very useful servant, but it is a terrible master.

Peace & Love :)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
How can you believe less in your 'mind'? It is the mind which is controlling us, until we learn how to control it! My Master says that the mind can be a very useful servant, but it is a terrible master.

I'd say your Master needs to come up with another name for the dark side of man's conscious. Using "Satan" to describe our less enlightened side is confusing and points to Christianity's great nemesis.

Do you already have "the truth" figured out for yourself? Is truth not individually crafted to a great degree? Does your truth have to be my truth?

A. Ben-Shema

Tsunamis and Hurricane Katrina. AIDS, cancer, Alzheimers, famine.

These, of themselves, are not what you should call evil. By evil I mean morally bad or wrong. Just as an animal, or a genuine lunatic, cannot really be called evil, because they have no moral sense.

Booko

Deviled Hen

What I don't understand is how you can emphasize personal revelation and yet be so dependent on what some Master tells you.

See with your own eyes, and not with the eyes of another.

A. Ben-Shema

What I don't understand is how you can emphasize personal revelation and yet be so dependent on what some Master tells you.

See with your own eyes, and not with the eyes of another.

My Master actually tells me nothing, other than to meditate, and thus experience what He has already REVEALED within me. It is the inner experience of Light which is now my Teacher, and my Master now acts as my guide and source of Grace and inspiration.

Popeyesays

Being a prent of 25 years, I am reminded of the old saw (suitably modified for the current circumstances):
"And if your Master told you to jump off a cliff, would you?"

Regards,

Scott

Booko

Deviled Hen
My Master actually tells me nothing, other than to meditate, and thus experience what He has already REVEALED within me. It is the inner experience of Light which is now my Teacher, and my Master now acts as my guide and source of Grace and inspiration.

In other words, you are dependent on him.

Hey, that's your business, not mine. But let's not pretend otherwise.

You criticize others for depending on a book or some history or tradition, and claim you depend on nothing.

Oh...except your Master.

Like I said in another post, you demand of others things you do not practice for yourself.

Make your own choices as you will. I have no complaint about them and am not telling you what you must do.

If only you were able to return the courtesy.

A. Ben-Shema

In other words, you are dependent on him.

Hey, that's your business, not mine. But let's not pretend otherwise.

You criticize others for depending on a book or some history or tradition, and claim you depend on nothing.

Oh...except your Master.

Like I said in another post, you demand of others things you do not practice for yourself.

Make your own choices as you will. I have no complaint about them and am not telling you what you must do.

If only you were able to return the courtesy.

You are talking absolute nonsense again. I depend on God, and on God's Messenger, and I have never pretended anything different! I do not rely on books or intellectual knowledge (e.g. theology, traditions, beliefs, etc.) as I have always made VERY VERY clear.

So what is it that you are trying so desperately hard to prove? What is it that you do not understand?

Popeyesays

One does not have the right to abrogate one's own spiritual choice to another. I don't have the right to allow Baha`u'llah to make the choice of following God or not. At the end of this existence we face God and make an accounting. I can't say "Baha`u'llah made me do it" Or the devil or a 'living master'. ME, I am the only one with responsibility.

The comfo9rt of that responsibility is that while I face God's Justice, I will be judged with perfect mercy and compassion at the same time.

The Qur'an says men must put aside their arguments eventually and trust to God to sort matters out.

That does not frighten me.

Regards,
Scott

A. Ben-Shema

You are talking absolute nonsense again. I depend on God, and on God's Messenger, and I have never pretended anything different! I do not rely on books or intellectual knowledge (e.g. theology, traditions, beliefs, etc.) as I have always made VERY VERY clear.

So what is it that you are trying so desperately hard to prove? What is it that you do not understand?

Bump! Or do you finally understand?

i think that the truth should be told
and the truth is all religions are 99-100% fulse
many religious people base there beliefs from overwhelming numbers of others that do and lots of old scrolls and such like christans, but this bases doesnt work as there are more scrolls and more muslims in the world supporting islam.
and there would be good from convincing people of this, not that it will ever happen, but 90% of all wars in the world would stop and peace could finnaly happen
i find it amazing that so much grief is caused over religions that ideas and beliefs are just so far fetched(like one being created everything)

A. Ben-Shema

This whole one truth crusade is getting old. Let people live THEIR lives.

Living, and I mean truly LIVING, is what the one and only Spiritual Truth allows us to do. Otherwise we merely exist in illusion.

BTW. I am curious about your religion "Jayism", what is it exactly?

Angelfire

It sounds like you are advocating compromise, the great tool of politicians and satan. Is that the way Jesus and all the other Masters worked? Or was Truth uppermost in the endeavours? Did not Jesus say that one would be hated and despised in this world for following the Truth? The only kind of peace you seem to understand is the flimsy paper peace signed by heads of state - which always disintegrates before the ink has dried. I am talking about rooting out the source of the hatred and misunderstanding, not about whitewashing it over. Until all people of this world understand Spiritual Truth and the real purpose of life on Earth, there cannot possibly be real lasting Peace. Peace can only be found within oneself, and until we all discover that, there will simply be no Peace on Earth.

Hmmm. Ben, one of the first things I learnt on my Spiritual journey was to leave
others alone. This meant, no criticism, no judgements, no interference, no looking
down on them as if they were in some way inferior. In fact the rule was to Love
them exactly as they are. This is very hard, but practise, practise, practise and then practise some more. When I could stand and look out at the teeming mass of humanity and say "I love each and every one of you just as you are" Then Heaven opened and the Beloved showed me just exactly who it was I had been loving.
This is seeing the Light Ben. To see with my own eyes "The Omnipresence of God"
takes away any desires other than to love with all the energy of the heart.

Your post says "Peace can only be found within oneself", I say "Truth can only be
found within oneself", we cannot force Truth on anyone.

I know that my redeemer lives and in my flesh I shall see God.

Peace

A. Ben-Shema

Hmmm. Ben, one of the first things I learnt on my Spiritual journey was to leave
others alone. This meant, no criticism, no judgements, no interference, no looking down on them as if they were in some way inferior. In fact the rule was to Love them exactly as they are. This is very hard, but practise, practise, practise and then practise some more. When I could stand and look out at the teeming mass of humanity and say "I love each and every one of you just as you are" Then Heaven opened and the Beloved showed me just exactly who it was I had been loving.

Did Jesus teach his Apostles / disciples to keep quiet and leave everyone alone? Not to criticize or rebuke if they saw error? Why did Jesus rebuke so many and even interfere, violently, with the moneychangers in the Temple?

Spiritual Love has no connection with liking people. Jesus Loved all, but hated their evil ways, and was very open and verbal about what he thought of them.

Popeyesays

Did Jesus teach his Apostles / disciples to keep quiet and leave everyone alone? Not to criticize or rebuke if they saw error? Why did Jesus rebuke so many and even interfere, violently, with the moneychangers in the Temple?

Spiritual Love has no connection with liking people. Jesus Loved all, but hated their evil ways, and was very open and verbal about what he thought of them.

Did you living master not tell you not to identify him?

Seems like he stuck you in the lurch.

Regards,
Scott