• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Open Our Minds To The Truth

A. Ben-Shema

Ben,

I assume you are yourself a Mandaean, it certainly matches what you say--including the obsession with 'mysteries' only appropriate to a select few. Also the written scripture is full of gaps, prompting a distrust of sacred scripture in general.

John and Jesus were cousins of some degree or other, related through John's mother.
She and mary were cousins. John's birth by tradition is almost as miraculous as the birth of Jesus, both evens took place through the intercession of God.

Mandaeans are considered "People of the Book" in Islam.

Personally, while I revere John, I don't think Mandaeanism is free of scriptural and priestly mistakes wrought by tradition.

No, I am not a Mandaean. I follow no religion, nor do I follow any religious scripture at all.

I agree with you about scriptural and priestly mistakes wrought by tradition - this applies to all religions.

Peace & Love :)

A. Ben-Shema

I do not understand how this would or could answer my simple question to you, of: WHAT EXACTLY IS "JAYISM" - the religion you adhere to. Why can't you give me a simple, straightforward reply?

Jeremiah, I am still waiting patiently for your explanation of what 'Jayism' is. I am most intrigued, as I have never heard of such a religion before. It's not some kind of secret society is it?

FatMan

Okay, so I claim to be a follower of Jesus - as you do being Presbytarian - yet I am supposed to embrace other religions and let people go about their day living happily ever after? Of course, I respect people of other faiths as any true belief is difficult b/c faith entails accepting something thatthe eye does not see or cannot be 100% proven. Nevertheless, I don't believe that Jesus/God intended for mankind to live in a constant state of "happiness." If I can spread the word of God to others then I am whole heartly going too - it is that simple. And the foundation of many religions are far from perfect, yet the violence coming from non-religious people have accounted for the death of 100 million people across the world from 1900-2000. That is FAR more than any faith system.

Of course you are supposed to embrace other religions. If not, you'd be an apprentice Religious Dictator?? As for spreading the word of God to others, have at it, but don't be surprised if people reject the attempts.

What I'm saying is that when people speak of "The Truth" and other absolutes and tie it into their religion as being "true followers", they are either trying to rationalize that they made the right choice in a religion, or they are comparing "The Truth" to being "their truth".

Everyone wants to be right, but nobody has the answer key. Yet some want to grade others papers without it.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Jeremiah, I am still waiting patiently for your explanation of what 'Jayism' is. I am most intrigued, as I have never heard of such a religion before. It's not some kind of secret society is it?

Oh, for heaven's sake, do you know how to use Google?

btw, a repetitious post like this is the online equivalent of toe-tapping and will not be perceived as patient.

Popeyesays

No, I am not a Mandaean. I follow no religion, nor do I follow any religious scripture at all.

I agree with you about scriptural and priestly mistakes wrought by tradition - this applies to all religions.

What about a religion that has no clergy?

Regards,
Scott

may

Did Jesus teach his Apostles / disciples to keep quiet and leave everyone alone?

No he didnt , he sent them out
(Acts 28:31) preaching the kingdom of God to them and teaching the things concerning the Lord Jesus Christ with the greatest freeness of speech, without hindrance.
(Ephesians 6:19) also for me, that ability to speak may be given me with the opening of my mouth, with freeness of speech to make known the sacred secret of the good news,
while I did not hold back from telling YOU any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching YOU publicly and from house to house. Acts 20;20
(Matthew 28:20) teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things."

Sorry. I don't know what you mean.

If you look at the first page you had a question, i asnwered ti for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceDLimber
Greetings!

What about those religions that teach that truth is singular, that are NOT fragmented, which recognize and respect other religions, and which teach that truth is relative?

You overgeneralize, I fear. . . .

Peace,

Bruce

Please give me an example of such a religion.

A. Ben-Shema

If you look at the first page you had a question, i asnwered ti for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceDLimber
Greetings!

What about those religions that teach that truth is singular, that are NOT fragmented, which recognize and respect other religions, and which teach that truth is relative?

You overgeneralize, I fear. . . .

Peace,

Bruce

Please give me an example of such a religion.

Hinduism
Jainism
Buddhism
Sikhism.

Are you saying that these religions are not fragmented into various sects? :confused:

Booko

Deviled Hen
When I looked up Jayism all I could find was a childish, nonsense site! :shrug:

What's your point?

Do you imagine that I am a deviled hen that lives in a henhouse also?

It must be difficult to comprehend some things coming from a humourless approach.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Are you saying that these religions are not fragmented into various sects? :confused:

He said this:

What the heck is so difficult to understand here?

There exists one or more religions that:
  • teach truth is singular
  • are not fragmented into sects
  • recognize and respect other religions
  • teach that truth is relative
Oh, and Scott mentioned this one as well to add to the list:
  • doesn't have a clergy
The fact that you repeatedly muse that "all" religions are fragmented, have a clergy, don't recognize other religions in no makes your musing actually true.

If you actually take some time to study other religions, at least beyond the point of finding some bit of minutiae that you can imagine is all ORTHODOXY!!!!! at work, you might find pretty quickly that you are dead wrong on several things.

It's not like there haven't been several people here trying to direct you to such information so you can look for yourself, but then I suppose it's inconvenient to the content of your book to confuse your thesis with any actual facts.

A. Ben-Shema

My point is very simple. If I wished to joke about things, then I would go to an appropriate web-site. It is quite obvious about your profile info. However, Jayism might well be a term for a legitimate religion that I have not heard of - IT IS NOT AN OBVIOUS JOKE! (e.g. JAINISM).

But, I suppose, little things please little minds.

Peace & Love to you.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
My point is very simple. If I wished to joke about things, then I would go to an appropriate web-site. It is quite obvious about your profile info. However, Jayism might well be a term for a legitimate religion that I have not heard of - IT IS NOT AN OBVIOUS JOKE! (e.g. JAINISM).

Peace & Love to you.

Some people create their own religions, what else should they call it?
Such isn't the case with Jay, but it's a valid point.

Booko

Deviled Hen

Since Jeremiah's spelling is not incompetent elsewhere, one wonders why anyone would assume he would be so careless in a user title that requires points to change.

And yes, it is obvious to the not-humour-impaired.

Gee, that's a nice thing to say about Jeremiah.

Peace & Love to you.
By their fruits shall ye know them.

Protestations to the contrary.