• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Open Our Minds To The Truth

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Can I join you on that hill? I'll bring coffee and baclava (and perhaps some cozonac too). We can watch and see how long it is before our friend realises that the "religionists" he keeps shouting at are mostly a figment of his imagination. (I'd start a sweepstake, but I'm not a gambling man).

James

Elvendon

Mystical Tea Dispenser
Yes, please! Earl Grey is my favorite too. :)

Excellent *pours Booko some tea and passes him the cup*

Oh my, are suggesting academia may be origin of a new pandemic?

Well, it could be so, though in my experience the Humanities department manages to put out prose that at least has the appearance of intelligence.

Interestingly enough, the crazy fundies and equally crazy "the Truth" chappies both seem to be more likely to do science degrees rather than humanities. In your face Richard Dawkins!

Can I join you on that hill? I'll bring coffee and baclava (and perhaps some cozonac too). We can watch and see how long it is before our friend realises that the "religionists" he keeps shouting at are mostly a figment of his imagination. (I'd start a sweepstake, but I'm not a gambling man).

James

Oooh please do James, it's lovely to see you again.

baclava is my favourite, so sweet ^^

I wonder if we can tempt our friend to abandon his soapbox and join us up here? The view is lovely and the food is great, we really should share it with him... really :)

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Excellent *pours Booko some tea and passes him the cup*
Just to save you from having your eyes pecked out by an irate chicken, I feel I should warn you that Booko is a 'her'.

Oooh please do James, it's lovely to see you again.

baclava is my favourite, so sweet ^^
Well, if you like sweet nutty things (whilst watching other nutty goings on), then I'd best bring the cozonac too. It looks rather like a swiss roll but the pastry is more like brioche or panettone (minus the fruit of the latter) and the filling is a paste of walnuts, sugar and milk (more or less).
I wonder if we can tempt our friend to abandon his soapbox and join us up here? The view is lovely and the food is great, we really should share it with him... really :)

But if he joins us, surely he'll rob us of the view? Not that I think it's likely. He seems so firmly fixated on venting his ire on imaginary "religionists" that I doubt he's even stopped to notice what the world around him really looks like.

James

FatMan

The downside is if he runs to get the materials to make a bigger soapbox to reach the heights.:D

Booko

Deviled Hen
Can I join you on that hill? I'll bring coffee and baklava (and perhaps some cozonac too). We can watch and see how long it is before our friend realises that the "religionists" he keeps shouting at are mostly a figment of his imagination. (I'd start a sweepstake, but I'm not a gambling man).

Of course! In true RF tradition, everyone should be welcome! I'd adore some coffee with baklava. I do love tea, but baklava requires a more robust beverage. Oh, we'd better have something handy if our LDS friends come along also. *rummages* Perhaps a nice fruit punch made with organic juices would do...

I'm not sure how long it may be before the veils are dissapated a bit, but we should be prepared as it may take some while. Well, there's plenty of time. I brought a can of sterno in case we need to make a new batch of coffee later. I'm sure the baklava will keep.

Hm...what is cozonac? Is that something with a bit more kick to it?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Are we all not part of the "Mile-High Pilate's Club?" Do we all not ask, "What is truth?"

I prefer to look at this as a tree. Your tree can either be rooted in the ground with the hope of growing tall enough to reach heaven (and the truth), or your tree can be rooted in heaven, with its life-giving leaves spreading out over the earth where we all live. With the upside-down tree, there is no need to hope for more growth, because the tree is inherently tall enough, and its roots already drink at the well of truth.

BTW, I only drink Earl Grey in the afternoon. I drink P&G Tips in the evening, with a dash of milk.