• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let’s talk about the Bible

kjw47

But, sometimes they are wrong. You have said so yourself. Isn't it you who says that being able to correct a misconception is what makes a person agreeable to God?

Yes sometimes are wrong but have corrected every one they found.
Those who live now doing Jesus Fathers will, makes one agreeable to God. Matt 7:21)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Strange--When the flock is in trouble and in need--The real teachers of Jesus would already have taught them--Matthew 6:33-- If they aren't living by that super important truth Jesus gave to all for free, they must be applying it to their lives, because their teachers do not teach them that super important truth along with the temp fix.Or before

Therefore, keep on seeking -FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added to you( sustenance, covering, spirituality)
Jehovah's Witnesses are not seeking the Kingdom of God. They are obeying what they believe it is.

Oeste

Until it was the proper time--none knew the truths on certain matters--especially these( Dan 12:4) but since corrections have been made here in these last days truth is now abundant as Dan 12:4 assures will occur.

You're confusing me.

So "if none knew the truths on certain matters" why did they claim they did? I don't recall any Jehovah Witnesses knocking on my doors Saturday mornings proclaiming "We don't have the truth yet!", do you?

If they actually had proclaimed this for the last 150 years, would they have been telling the truth?

They were presumptuous with God's word then, and they are presumptuous with it now. Even your corrections have needed corrections. They were anything but "discreet".

When John wrote Revelation, he wasn't living in the last days was he? So how many corrections did John make to Revelation before the church knew they had God's "latest truth"? Where can we find the verse that tells us we can't trust scripture, that we must have the "latest manuscripts" because the writers were "fallible"?

Also, you have apparently forgotten we went over Daniel 12:4 earlier. How many times must I point out to you that Daniel 12:4 doesn't mention "truth" at all? It's KNOWLEDGE KJW, not TRUTH!

דּעת
da‛ath

Definition:

1) knowledge
1a) knowledge, perception, skill
1b) discernment, understanding, wisdom​

Lastly, please explain why you believe truth was not abundant during Jesus' time. Is God telling the Governing Board more than He told Jesus? Do you claim the Governing Board's "truth" now exceeds that made to the Apostles because they live in the "last days"?

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Strange--When the flock is in trouble and in need--The real teachers of Jesus would already have taught them--Matthew 6:33-- If they aren't living by that super important truth Jesus gave to all for free, they must be applying it to their lives, because their teachers do not teach them that super important truth along with the temp fix.Or before
What is "strange" is that you have been brainwashed to believe that other churches don't do that, and as one who has done tons of what I call "church hopping" over my 72 years (I taught a comparative religions course, which is why I spent so much time studying and visiting so many churches), I'll categorically tell you that what your JW leaders have been telling you is absolutely untrue. Go see for yourself if you don't believe me. Check out their websites and see what they actually teach. Don't believe everything that you've been taught to believe-- look for yourself.

Therefore, keep on seeking -FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added to you( sustenance, covering, spirituality)
So, you ignore what both the Parable of the Sheep & Goats says in Matthew 25 as well as what Jesus said in his Sermon On the Mount. Your choice, of course, but I doubt it's the best one.

So, what you are telling us above is that you are not believing in Jesus, kjw47, but just believing some things about Jesus. Let me recommend that maybe you should choose to believe in Jesus far more than believing in what your JW teachers are telling you what to believe. IOW, maybe check it out for yourself.

Riders

This whole post is one long run on sentence. It's not readable.

Please repost it so I can read it

kjw47

Jehovah's Witnesses are not seeking the Kingdom of God. They are obeying what they believe it is.

Jesus taught all how for free. They wont listen to him over their religions dogmas.
Live by every utterance from God and this- Luke 10--Acts 20:20)-- The Jw,s are taught to do both daily-24/7,365-- there is no perfection though in any mortal man. The important thing is. One knows 100% for sure--the real teachers of Jesus teach the flock both of those important life decisions.

kjw47

You're confusing me.

So "if none knew the truths on certain matters" why did they claim they did? I don't recall any Jehovah Witnesses knocking on my doors Saturday mornings proclaiming "We don't have the truth yet!", do you?

If they actually had proclaimed this for the last 150 years, would they have been telling the truth?

They were presumptuous with God's word then, and they are presumptuous with it now. Even your corrections have needed corrections. They were anything but "discreet".

When John wrote Revelation, he wasn't living in the last days was he? So how many corrections did John make to Revelation before the church knew they had God's "latest truth"? Where can we find the verse that tells us we can't trust scripture, that we must have the "latest manuscripts" because the writers were "fallible"?

Also, you have apparently forgotten we went over Daniel 12:4 earlier. How many times must I point out to you that Daniel 12:4 doesn't mention "truth" at all? It's KNOWLEDGE KJW, not TRUTH!

דּעת
da‛ath

Definition:

1) knowledge
1a) knowledge, perception, skill
1b) discernment, understanding, wisdom​

Lastly, please explain why you believe truth was not abundant during Jesus' time. Is God telling the Governing Board more than He told Jesus? Do you claim the Governing Board's "truth" now exceeds that made to the Apostles because they live in the "last days"?

Those teachings were in the bible from the beginning. Not a single mortal knew factual truths on certain matters, yet they are there in the bible. Not even Gods angels knew them( 1Pet 1:12)So every teacher claiming to be Christian taught error on those teachings all along--Only in these last days did truth come back-Daniel 12:4)--someone had to make correction--it has been done in front of the whole world. Those living in the old dark truths cannot accomplish Gods will=John 4:22-24,, Matt 7:21)

kjw47

What is "strange" is that you have been brainwashed to believe that other churches don't do that, and as one who has done tons of what I call "church hopping" over my 72 years (I taught a comparative religions course, which is why I spent so much time studying and visiting so many churches), I'll categorically tell you that what your JW leaders have been telling you is absolutely untrue. Go see for yourself if you don't believe me. Check out their websites and see what they actually teach. Don't believe everything that you've been taught to believe-- look for yourself.

So, you ignore what both the Parable of the Sheep & Goats says in Matthew 25 as well as what Jesus said in his Sermon On the Mount. Your choice, of course, but I doubt it's the best one.

So, what you are telling us above is that you are not believing in Jesus, kjw47, but just believing some things about Jesus. Let me recommend that maybe you should choose to believe in Jesus far more than believing in what your JW teachers are telling you what to believe. IOW, maybe check it out for yourself.

Jesus warned you--John 15:20-21-- Why do you think one wont know the Father by looking at Jesus when Jesus teaches one can see the Father by looking at him? Answer--They have the wrong Jesus.

Oeste

Those teachings were in the bible from the beginning.

No they weren't. I've read my bible. 1914, 1925, 1940 and other dates were not in the bible at all. You were being presumptuous.

Not a single mortal knew factual truths on certain matters, yet they are there in the bible. Not even Gods angels knew them( 1Pet 1:12)

So because no one knew the truth it gave the GB license to be presumptuous and speak as if they did?

So every teacher claiming to be Christian taught error on those teachings all along

So the Apostles wrote errors? Why on earth should we believe scripture then?

Only in these last days did truth come back-Daniel 12:4)--someone had to make correction

Why on earth did scripture have to be corrected? Did it contain too many lies?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus taught all how for free. They wont listen to him over their religions dogmas.
Live by every utterance from God and this- Luke 10--Acts 20:20)-- The Jw,s are taught to do both daily-24/7,365-- there is no perfection though in any mortal man. The important thing is. One knows 100% for sure--the real teachers of Jesus teach the flock both of those important life decisions.
OMG! YOU have religious dogma TOO. God-damn, please put on your thinking cap.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Jesus warned you--John 15:20-21-- Why do you think one wont know the Father by looking at Jesus when Jesus teaches one can see the Father by looking at him? Answer--They have the wrong Jesus.
And Jesus warned you not to judge others, but that certainly hasn't stopped you one iota.

kjw47

No they weren't. I've read my bible. 1914, 1925, 1940 and other dates were not in the bible at all. You were being presumptuous.

So because no one knew the truth it gave the GB license to be presumptuous and speak as if they did?

So the Apostles wrote errors? Why on earth should we believe scripture then?

Why on earth did scripture have to be corrected? Did it contain too many lies?

You really should learn how to read English. I didn't say those dates were in the bible, I said these truths ( Dan 12:4)that God hid from all are in the bible.
Catholicism translated false council dogmas into translation--then allowed no one to read the bible except upper clergy for almost 1000 years after the councils--No one had a clue then when protestants translated from Catholicism works--all originals were gone.

kjw47

OMG! YOU have religious dogma TOO. God-damn, please put on your thinking cap.

Jesus started one single religion, he is with that one single religion--34,000 religions claiming to be Christian, is a lifetime enough time to look through all of them to find the right one=NO. Jesus teachings prove who is who.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You really should learn how to read English. I didn't say those dates were in the bible, I said these truths ( Dan 12:4)that God hid from all are in the bible.
Catholicism translated false council dogmas into translation--then allowed no one to read the bible except upper clergy for almost 1000 years after the councils--No one had a clue then when protestants translated from Catholicism works--all originals were gone.
Righ! All originals are gone. Then, the governing body does not say that they actually hear from Jesus, but they say they get the truth from comparing Bible verses. Also, even though they encourage Bible reading, they forbid understanding it any other way than their way. How is that so different than not allowing other people to read it?