• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let’s talk about the Bible

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus started one single religion, he is with that one single religion--34,000 religions claiming to be Christian, is a lifetime enough time to look through all of them to find the right one=NO. Jesus teachings prove who is who.
The only Jesus teachings you have is what was written and please, by whom was it written as it is now? The ones you call Babylon the Great who is destined for destruction.

kjw47

Righ! All originals are gone. Then, the governing body does not say that they actually hear from Jesus, but they say they get the truth from comparing Bible verses. Also, even though they encourage Bible reading, they forbid understanding it any other way than their way. How is that so different than not allowing other people to read it?

Much of the bible cannot be understood by reading it. 34,000 religions claiming to be Christian with 34,000 different truths proves that fact--Jesus is only with one single religion-1Cor 1:10)

kjw47

The only Jesus teachings you have is what was written and please, by whom was it written as it is now? The ones you call Babylon the Great who is destined for destruction.

You are mistaken--God is the author of the bible--no man authored it. God used men to Accomplish his will.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Much of the bible cannot be understood by reading it. 34,000 religions claiming to be Christian with 34,000 different truths proves that fact--Jesus is only with one single religion-1Cor 1:10)
Why not address my point that your real Jesus teachers have never professed to actually hear from Jesus?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are mistaken--God is the author of the bible--no man authored it. God used men to Accomplish his will.
OK. Maybe, maybe not. But, that isn't my point. If you teach that all the words in the Bible are God's true words, you must first prove that God not only directed the writing of it but also every affair after that. Do not quote scriptures which say that God's Word is forever. Jesus is the Word of God and Jesus is forever. So, how do you prove that God directed all the translating and copying of it?

Oeste

You really should learn how to read English.

You are too funny KJW. As @Riders has already pointed out, you have problems with your writing...nobody can read it.

You really should learn how to read English.
I didn't say those dates were in the bible, I said these truths ( Dan 12:4)that God hid from all are in the bible.
And I didn't say those dates were in the bible either...as a matter of fact, as a card carrying member of "Christendom" we've been telling you those dates weren't in the bible all along but your Governing Body wouldn't listen.

And for the 3rd or 4th time KJW, there is NOTHING about "truths" in Daniel 12:4! :rolleyes:

Catholicism translated false council dogmas into translation--then allowed no one to read the bible except upper clergy for almost 1000 years after the councils--No one had a clue then when protestants translated from Catholicism works--all originals were gone.

So is this where you got the false dates of 1914, 1925, 1940 and others? From the "translated false council dogmas" of the Catholic church?

The problem I see with you assertion is that the Catholic church never taught such nonsense. Each one of those false dates were Watchtower originals... presumptuously and indiscreetly made.

Phantasman

Very nicely done. Interesting point that it was Tyndale that actually translated the bible in common language, not Martin Luther as they like to give credit to. Probably some sort of conspiracy there. They burned Tyndale at the stake and presented Martin Luther to try to control the fire Tyndale started.
Tyndale found the same inconsistencies translating the Latin Vulgate as John Wycliffe did in 1382. Both Tyndale and Wycliffe paid heavy prices for exposing the tainted ideology of Christianity through the Roman Church from the beginning (5th century). Once the Gospel (alone) was held hostage in Latin (only), for the elite priests to teach, it started the Dark Ages that lasted 800 years, until man received the chrism once again through interpreted knowledge of the Spirit, rather than the words of priests.

The OT had always been available, as the Jews had it in Hebrew. The Gospel is the seed that was held hostage (seed being the word of the true God-- Luke 8:11). And during that time, many false prophets arose.

The Cathers found this to be true as well in the 11th century. And were quickly persecuted and killed by the RCC.

kjw47

OK. Maybe, maybe not. But, that isn't my point. If you teach that all the words in the Bible are God's true words, you must first prove that God not only directed the writing of it but also every affair after that. Do not quote scriptures which say that God's Word is forever. Jesus is the Word of God and Jesus is forever. So, how do you prove that God directed all the translating and copying of it?

Faith is a true followers reality. Not physical proof.

kjw47

You are too funny KJW. As @Riders has already pointed out, you have problems with your writing...nobody can read it.

And I didn't say those dates were in the bible either...as a matter of fact, as a card carrying member of "Christendom" we've been telling you those dates weren't in the bible all along but your Governing Body wouldn't listen.

And for the 3rd or 4th time KJW, there is NOTHING about "truths" in Daniel 12:4! :rolleyes:

So is this where you got the false dates of 1914, 1925, 1940 and others? From the "translated false council dogmas" of the Catholic church?

The problem I see with you assertion is that the Catholic church never taught such nonsense. Each one of those false dates were Watchtower originals... presumptuously and indiscreetly made.

Seal up the words of this book until the time of the end--obviously certain truths were hidden and it assures--truth will become abundant in the last days----that means all were in darkness on those matters even though they were written in the bible already-- like a 7 headed beast with 10 horns--no one knew what it was until here in these last days. But now the truth about it is revealed but rejected by all those living in old darkness. The absolutely dumb reason given of why the truths revealed are being rejected by those in darkness--they say because it wasn't taught all Along. What don't they understand about truths being revealed in these last days?

Oeste

Seal up the words of this book until the time of the end-

We've been through this before KJW. You don't "seal up the words" by publishing those same words. Note God told Daniel to seal up the words, whereas you're trying to get us to believe He said "seal up the meaning".

Meaning:
בּינה

bı̂ynâh
BDB Definition:

1) understanding, discernment
1a) act
1b) faculty
1c) object
1d) personified​

In any event, Daniel, who is asked to seal up the words, could not have sealed up the meaning unless he made a conscious effort to obfuscate whatever he was writing down...something God didn't ask him to do. Remember, it's seal up the words, not the meaning, and it's seal up the words, not "obfuscate what I'm telling you" and it's seal up the words, not "write somethings so confusing no one will understand it for the next 2500 years."

The absolutely dumb reason given of why the truths revealed are being rejected by those in darkness--they say because it wasn't taught all Along. What don't they understand about truths being revealed in these last days?

Probably because it would be even dumber to believe that God's truth would be revealed as "errors" in need of "correction".

Isaiah 5:21:

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and shrewd in their own sight!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus promised--holy spirit to teach and guide, not himself.
Why don't they profess to actually HEAR FROM The Holy Spirit? I agree with you that they may be "guided". But, to be taught a person must HEAR from someone.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can anyone imagine being told that they did something they didn't do?
Well, if God didn't protect the words of scripture, but you say God did, then you are saying God did something God didn't do. Not wise, I say.

pearl

Can anyone imagine being told that they did something they didn't do?
Well, if God didn't protect the words of scripture, but you say God did, then you are saying God did something God didn't do. Not wise, I say.

Consider the unfolding of Scripture through the centuries, always being revealed anew, is guided by the Holy Spirit.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Consider the unfolding of Scripture through the centuries, always being revealed anew, is guided by the Holy Spirit.
I believe that. He says the Jehovah's Witnesses are taught by The Holy Spirit. But, they have not professed to hear from it. Like this. Acts 9:10
In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord spoke to him in a vision, "Ananias!" "Here I am, Lord," he answered.
Acts 10:3
One day at about the ninth hour, he had a clear vision of an angel of God who came to him and said, "Cornelius!"
Acts 18:9
One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: "Do not be afraid; keep on speaking; do not be silent.

pearl

I believe that. He says the Jehovah's Witnesses are taught by The Holy Spirit. But, they have not professed to hear from it.

In our sense of hearing, no. I do not believe God speaks words. All through biblical history there have been mystics, Moses, the Prophets, Jesus, Paul and others who have shared in a divine pathos through which they 'see' the world from God's point of view. And they must translate this 'vision' from a private experience to public speech for the benefit of all.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In our sense of hearing, no. I do not believe God speaks words. All through biblical history there have been mystics, Moses, the Prophets, Jesus, Paul and others who have shared in a divine pathos through which they 'see' the world from God's point of view. And they must translate this 'vision' from a private experience to public speech for the benefit of all.
You are not hearing me. The governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses have NEVER EVER professed to experience first hand The Holy Spirit. The way they do dogma is by REASONING. They believe their reasoning is guided by The Holy Spirit. I know for a fact that it isn't.
Take for instance their belief that Revelation 6:2 pictures Jesus Christ. And, why do they believe it means Jesus? Because the horse is white and the rider wears a crown.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is a claim made by most religions, the problem is discerning the Spirit from spirit. With our differences we cannot all be led by the one Spirit.

This is fundamentalism which denies logic and has nothing to do with the Holy Spirit.
That is right. I am telling them that and you are telling me that.