• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Justify your ignore list!

Audie

Veteran Member
Once, years before I joined RF, I put someone on ignore for about a half hour. He was amongst the worst trolls I've ever seen(Bartrob, for anyone who remembers TR).
I just wondered what it would be like. It wasn't that different, his annoying posts vs the disjointed threads where people responded to him were about equally annoying.

I've never cared about any poster on RF enough to put them on ignore.

Even when I was firmly told to do so by the staff. I always was the "runs with scissors" type.
Tom
See, there is where we are so different.

I am known to be a very caring person.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
there are two levels of ignorance

they who are not informed are.....ignorant

they who choose to ignore...are profoundly ignorant

and I will ignore any rebuttal to this

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sometimes it's because they keep posting stupid troll crap and I don't want to bother with wasting my time. Sometimes it because there is a general lack of respect and boneheadedness. And sometimes I do it because they say something that makes me hate them as a person (giving dangerous and faux-medical advice and speaking ill of those who are ill is a quick and sure way to do that) and it's to save me from the stress, because that kind of crap I can't let go of.

InChrist

Free4ever
I've never put anyone on ignore. Even the most annoying people are interesting occasionally and besides I think each person has value and should not be ignored.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
No one is on my ignore list. I think I would only ignore someone if they got verbally abusive or repeatedly obnoxious on a personal level. A few people have tempted me but keep it juuuuuust classy enough. ;)

Technical question: if I put someone on ignore, can they still see what I post?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
No one is on my ignore list. I think I would only ignore someone if they got verbally abusive or repeatedly obnoxious on a personal level. A few people have tempted me but keep it juuuuuust classy enough. ;)

Technical question: if I put someone on ignore, can they still see what I post?
Yes. There's no way they can tell you're ignoring them either. Well, they can tell you're not responding, but not that you're using the ignore function.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I rarely ignore people and if I do it's on a short term basis. That way I'm not just relying on user reports to see when people are bending the rules.

I'm looking at you @columbus
:expressionless:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I never use ignore - might tend to confirm my confirmation bias. :D But I am sure I am on lots. :rolleyes:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
????
If I put someone on ignore
they can see what I post
they can respond to that post

and what good is it?.....to say I ignore them?

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Everyone I have on ignore is either a troll, a stalker or someone I've had a bad falling out with and we mutually hate each other's guts (or a combination of these).

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My ignore list is made up of abusive trolls or dishonest people, it was quite short (6 names). I cleared it a couple of months ago. I note that four of them have disappeared from RF. One has returned to my ignore list and the other, our swords have not crossed yet. Time will tell.
I have second member recently joined the hallowed ranks of my new ignore list. Total, two and un-ignoring is not a step i want to take at the moment?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
If I was to let another member affect me to the point where I was compelled to put them on ignore, the problem would be with me, not them, and I would take my leave.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
If I was to let another member affect me to the point where I was compelled to put them on ignore, the problem would be with me, not them, and I would take my leave.

My question is, if you wanted to put yourself on ignore, would the problem still be with the side of yourself wanting to put the other side of yourself on ignore, and not the other side of yourself?