• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Justify your ignore list!

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
My question is, if you wanted to put yourself on ignore, would the problem still be with the side of yourself wanting to put the other side of yourself on ignore, and not the other side of yourself?

Not really, the inside usually wants to ignore the outside anyway.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Then again, many will announce they’re ignoring you before they put you on ignore.
I find that hilarious.
When somebody posts that they're putting me on <ignore> what they're obviously saying is that I can post about them and their ideas with impunity. They won't read my posts, much less be offended.

But it usually isn't true. Snowflakes also generally want to know about anything new that they can be offended by.

Trust me, I have a lot of experience in this regard. :)
Tom

ETA ~It's rather like the posters who start threads about leaving RF, for whatever reason. They're usually the ones who are back posting in a day or two.~

Cooky

Veteran Member
I find that hilarious.
When somebody posts that they're putting me on <ignore> what they're obviously saying is that I can post about them and their ideas with impunity. They won't read my posts, much less be offended.

But it usually isn't true. Snowflakes also generally want to know about anything new that they can be offended by.

Trust me, I have a lot of experience in this regard. :)
Tom

ETA ~It's rather like the posters who start threads about leaving RF, for whatever reason. They're usually the ones who are back posting in a day or two.~

This one female has me in ignore, and I always refute her points, and I always win.

It’s like putting a muzzle on her. I wish I could do that with my wife too.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
This one female has me in ignore, and I always refute her points, and I always win.

It’s like putting a muzzle on her. I wish I could do that with my wife too.
:)
I think I know who you mean.
But saying so would be a violation of RF rules. I only do that when I have a better reason than yours.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I wish some man or woman would put a muzzle on me, and I'm not talking about ignore lists...

Wait, what was the subject again?
I have uses for you that a muzzle would be inconvenient...
Oh wait, what was the subject again?
Tom

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Never had anyone one the ignore list.
I have no issue with interesting trolls or people with different views.

If I do ever put someone on ignore it will be because they constantly bore me. Thankfully, I'm easily amused. Just the other day...oh look...a butterfly!!

*wanders off*

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm putting the whole forum on ignore. I have work to do. *closes browser window*

David1967

Premium Member
My ignore list is very short. It consists of a few people that always offer the same unproductive rhetoric. So, not worth my time.