• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judaism: why kill somebody just for his claim that he is a prophet of God?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Does one mean that Judaism people never acted on this commandment from Moses mentioned in the Torah*? Please
*Deuteronomy Chapter 13:1-11
Let's say that that is exactly what it means. Why would that be a problem - that a law warns against behavior so people abide by the law? Until you can show that it DID happen, why assume so? Does the text give any examples of a rebellious child (Deut 21:18)?

Balaam was a false prophet mentioned in Torah Num. xxii*.-xxiv.
What did the Jews do to him? Please
Regards

*Numbers Chapter 22

rosends

paarsurrey said:
Does one mean that Judaism people never acted on this commandment from Moses mentioned in the Torah*? Please

Regards

*Numbers Chapter 22
No, he wasn't. Why would you assume he was?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
paarsurrey said:

Regards

*Numbers Chapter 22
No, he wasn't. Why would you assume he was?
Does one mean that Balaam was a truthful prophet? Please
Regards

rosends

paarsurrey said:
paarsurrey said:

Regards

*Numbers Chapter 22

Regards
He was a prophet. Just not to the Jews.
Judaism 101: Prophets and Prophecy

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Regards
He was a prophet. Just not to the Jews.
Judaism 101: Prophets and Prophecy
Then why did Jews killed Balaam*? Please
Regards

**8 And they slew the kings of Midian with the rest of their slain: Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, the five kings of Midian; Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword.

rosends

Regards

Then why did Jews killed Balaam*? Please
Regards

**8 And they slew the kings of Midian with the rest of their slain: Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, the five kings of Midian; Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword.
I guess that depends on what you are looking for in terms of "truthful." According to Judaism, he received a message from God and it was his role to spread that message, which he did. I'm not sure what else you are getting at.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Regards

Then why did Jews kill Balaam*? Please
Regards
I guess that depends on what you are looking for in terms of "truthful." According to Judaism, he received a message from God and it was his role to spread that message, which he did. I'm not sure what else you are getting at.
"why did Jews kill Balaam?"
The question, please
Regards

rosends

paarsurrey said:
Regards

Then why did Jews kill Balaam*? Please
Regards

"why did Jews kill Balaam?"
The question, please
Regards
He died in battle. Are you asking "why was there a war"? He was not put to death or executed under any particular law about being a prophet.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Are you that somebody?
No.
It is a principled stance. It could be anybody. Such a person must not be harmed physically or his property. One has a right just to give reasons and arguments to such a person that his stance is incorrect. Nothing more.
Regards

gnostic

The Lost One
Are you basing your post on these Qur'anic verses, by any chance (highlighting mine)?

If so, then I suggest not making assumptions about people of other beliefs based on your own scriptures just because your scriptures say they did this or that, unless you can show historical evidence that your scriptures are 100% accurate. Otherwise posts like yours amount to libeling a large group of people based on nothing more than subjective beliefs.

Actually is even more than that.

Paarsurrey is an Ahmadi.

He not only believed that Jesus avoid death, but based on Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, Jesus migrated to India, after the crucifixion.

This is pure fabrication, with no historical basis and evidences that Jesus ever set foot in India.

The whole Jesus in India, is purely to elevate Ahmad's own position as the new and "messiah".

I personally think it is purely propaganda to promote his new religion.

Actually, this is copying Muhammad's own propaganda, that Abraham came to what would be later be Mecca, with his son Ishmael, to help with building his house - the Kaaba, before going back to his home in Canaan.

There are no historical evidences for Abraham travelling over 1200 km to Mecca, just so find a new home. All we have Muhammad's hearsay.

Muhammad clearly wanted a way to increase his own status by claiming a descendant of Abraham, via Ishmael...of which neither are historical figures.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Actually is even more than that.

Paarsurrey is an Ahmadi.

He not only believed that Jesus avoid death, but based on Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, Jesus migrated to India, after the crucifixion.

This is pure fabrication, with no historical basis and evidences that Jesus ever set foot in India.

The whole Jesus in India, is purely to elevate Ahmad's own position as the new and "messiah".

I personally think it is purely propaganda to promote his new religion.

Actually, this is copying Muhammad's own propaganda, that Abraham came to what would be later be Mecca, with his son Ishmael, to help with building his house - the Kaaba, before going back to his home in Canaan.

There are no historical evidences for Abraham travelling over 1200 km to Mecca, just so find a new home. All we have Muhammad's hearsay.

Muhammad clearly wanted a way to increase his own status by claiming a descendant of Abraham, via Ishmael...of which neither are historical figures.
"He not only believed that Jesus avoid death, but based on Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, Jesus migrated to India, after the crucifixion.
This is pure fabrication, with no historical basis and evidences that Jesus ever set foot in India."

And one means that history is only that what has been written in the West?
Regards

No.
It is a principled stance. It could be anybody. Such a person must not be harmed physically or his property. One has a right just to give reasons and arguments to such a person that his stance is incorrect. Nothing more.
Regards
That would require some professional doctor's and a clinic, I should know since I was that person once.

gnostic

The Lost One
And one means that history is only that what has been written in the West?
No, paarsurrey.

There are no literary evidences (history) that the post-crucifixion Jesus was ever in India, until the second half of the 19th century.

Ahmad wasn't the first to write about Jesus in India; others (like Louis Jacoliot, 1869, and Nicholas Notovich, 1887) have written about Jesus coming to India, living there from teenager years to his 20s, hence pre-ministry days, not post-crucifixion years, as Ahmad claimed.

Both are found to be fraudulent works.

Notovich claimed that he found scrolls pertaining to Jesus, when Notovich visited Tibetan monastery, where Notovich supposedly acquired these scrolls. The monks there revealed that Notovich have visited them, nor have any such scrolls.

Ahmad was the first to claim that Jesus came to India post-crucifixion.

I don't think the Qur'an and traditions (hadith) are reliable texts, as history, but both never mention India, as being the home of Jesus, after the crucifixion.

What is certain is that Ahmad didn't get it from the Qur'an and hadith.

There is no texts in India, between 1st century to the mid-19th century. It would seem Ahmad based his assumption on misidentifying one Yuz Asaf with Jesus, a character in Waqiat-i-Kashmir (The Story of Kashmir, 1747), written by Sufi Muhammed Azam Didamari. Waqiat-i-Kashmir was only translated into Hindi in 1846.

There are no records in 1st century in India, about Jesus.

You really don't understand how history work do you, paarsurrey?

The further in time from the event, it is supposedly written about, the less reliable it is as history. But you have zero records of Jesus in Jesus' time (1st century) and zero records in early 7th century (Muhammad's time).

And the only things you do have is possibly Didamari's, and two other authors before Ahmad - Jacoloit and Notovich - both of them fabricating their stories, and Ahmad himself, also a liar.

Sorry, but I can't you seriously. And it has nothing to do with east vs west; you simply have no reliable sources, except for Ahmad's hearsay.

Even the Sunni and Shia Muslims think that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad is a liar, and they represent 99% of world population of Muslims. And globally the Ahmadis don't even make up half-a-percent. Which means that the Sunnis and Shiites don't believe Ahmad to be the second messiah.

So don't give me this nonsense about biased towards the east, when most Muslims don't believe in Ahmad's stories about him and Jesus. And btw, I am culturally both Chinese and Australian.

Last edited: