• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judaism: why kill somebody just for his claim that he is a prophet of God?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Islam and Christians would as well, if you're told you're wrong.....

You're all as bad as each other, the responses I've had from some of you for saying i fulfill prophecy is beyond; which is why i limit my interaction to a few places, as you're all scary. :oops:

Ah! I believe my little puff-daddy that wrongness will not exclude you from my kingdom but not accepting me as Lord and Savior will. I will tell you what I told my servant Muffled, I can take your life any time I please.

Kirran

Premium Member
Perhaps you could locate a Jain or a Shintoist we could throw under the bus.

Sorry, I don't think there are enough of them around to give him much to chew on, he'd get bored and come right back.

Go on, look, you can take January and February and we'll have him back in March, then palm him off to the pagans in summertime.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Baroodi said:
The Jews killed how many of their prophets?? Read their history not their false books. You can see what they are doing now to see how they are brutal !!
"The Jews"
They did not support Moses happily even, they grumbled against him also.
Though they were under a covenant from G-d and h he had sent to them messengers. Whenever there came to them a messenger with what their souls did not desire, a party of messengers they denied, and another party they killed.It is another thing that G-d did help and he helps his messengers/prophets. Please
Regards

Kelly of the Phoenix

3 and the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spoke unto thee--saying: 'Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them
And many followers of Jesus said that Jesus was God, not God Himself, so ...

It's actually a wonder any prophet lived in the bible, given that false prophets who spoke falsely should be killed. I mean, lots of "prophecies" didn't happen, so ...

Except that Pilate found Jesus to be innocent, the Jews chose to crucify him anyway, even over a convicted murderer. According to the bible.
Except that even the Romans hated the historical Pilate and this story is not in character at all. Plus "the Jews" couldn't choose squat, because they had no power over such things.

Yes, the intention of the Jews was to kill innocent Jesus.
Jesus, if I recall, threw a temper tantrum and started a riot at the Temple. The Romans needed far less than that to want him dead.

They did not support Moses happily even, they grumbled against him also.
They were living in a lush land and were dragged out into Nowheresville on the order of an exiled murderer and religious terrorist. I'd be angry too.

Though they were under a covenant from G-d and h he had sent to them messengers. Whenever there came to them a messenger with what their souls did not desire, a party of messengers they denied, and another party they killed.
They didn't kill Moses, though. I can't really think of any prophets "they" killed. Got names?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
They didn't kill Moses, though. I can't really think of any prophets "they" killed. Got names?
Please ask the Jews. How many prophets did they kill "as false prophets"?
Didn't they obey Moses' commandment*?
Regards

1 All this word which I command you, that shall ye observe to do; thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.
2 If there arise in the midst of thee a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams--and he give thee a sign or a wonder,
3 and the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spoke unto thee--saying: 'Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them';
4 thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or unto that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God putteth you to proof, to know whether ye do love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
5 After the LORD your God shall ye walk, and Him shall ye fear, and His commandments shall ye keep, and unto His voice shall ye hearken, and Him shall ye serve, and unto Him shall ye cleave.
6 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken perversion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of bondage, to draw thee aside out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put away the evil from the midst of thee.
Deuteronomy 13 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

rosends

Please ask the Jews. How many prophets did they kill "as false prophets"?
Didn't they obey Moses' commandment*?
Regards

1 All this word which I command you, that shall ye observe to do; thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.
2 If there arise in the midst of thee a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams--and he give thee a sign or a wonder,
3 and the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spoke unto thee--saying: 'Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them';
4 thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or unto that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God putteth you to proof, to know whether ye do love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
5 After the LORD your God shall ye walk, and Him shall ye fear, and His commandments shall ye keep, and unto His voice shall ye hearken, and Him shall ye serve, and unto Him shall ye cleave.
6 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken perversion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of bondage, to draw thee aside out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put away the evil from the midst of thee.
Deuteronomy 13 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre
So your claim is that false prophets arose and were killed? Can you name one?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
And many followers of Jesus said that Jesus was God, not God Himself, so ...

It's actually a wonder any prophet lived in the bible, given that false prophets who spoke falsely should be killed. I mean, lots of "prophecies" didn't happen, so ...

Except that even the Romans hated the historical Pilate and this story is not in character at all. Plus "the Jews" couldn't choose squat, because they had no power over such things.

Jesus, if I recall, threw a temper tantrum and started a riot at the Temple. The Romans needed far less than that to want him dead.

They were living in a lush land and were dragged out into Nowheresville on the order of an exiled murderer and religious terrorist. I'd be angry too.

"I can't really think of any prophets "they" killed. Got names?"

There is a clue from Jesus:
King James Bible 23:23-38
23Woe unto you, scribes and , hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.24Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
25Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 26Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 28Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
29Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 30And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 33Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 35That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. 36Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 39For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Matthew 23 KJV
Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
So your claim is that false prophets arose and were killed? Can you name one?
Does one mean that Judaism people never acted on this commandment from Moses mentioned in the Torah*? Please
*Deuteronomy Chapter 13:1-11

Please
Regards

Kirran

Premium Member
Does anybody actually expect an answer to be provided to back up this empty claim? Haven't we learned?

Kelly of the Phoenix

34Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 35That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. 36Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
Abel isn't a prophet. He was a brother who got whacked by his brother. As for Z: (from wiki: Origen suggested that the Zechariah mentioned in Matthew 23:35 as having been killed between the temple and the altar may be the father of John the Baptist.[3] [/quote]
So, we have sibling-icide and some random scholar musing about someone who shares a name with a priest (which is not a synonym for "prophet") ... any ACTUAL prophets murdered by the populace?

Does one mean that Judaism people never acted on this commandment from Moses mentioned in the Torah*? Please
If the claim is there that prophets were killed by "Mr. and Mrs. Public", so to speak, then we should see literary evidence of such. We don't. The NT likes to bank on the idea people are too dumb to look this stuff up.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Abel isn't a prophet. He was a brother who got whacked by his brother. As for Z: (from wiki: Origen suggested that the Zechariah mentioned in Matthew 23:35 as having been killed between the temple and the altar may be the father of John the Baptist.[3]
So, we have sibling-icide and some random scholar musing about someone who shares a name with a priest (which is not a synonym for "prophet") ... any ACTUAL prophets murdered by the populace?
If the claim is there that prophets were killed by "Mr. and Mrs. Public", so to speak, then we should see literary evidence of such. We don't. The NT likes to bank on the idea people are too dumb to look this stuff up.
This only proves that Jews have corrupted the teachings of Moses and the Christians have corrupted the teachings of Jesus. Please
Regards

Last edited:

rosends

Please
Regards
Let's say that that is exactly what it means. Why would that be a problem - that a law warns against behavior so people abide by the law? Until you can show that it DID happen, why assume so? Does the text give any examples of a rebellious child (Deut 21:18)?