1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Jesus' Second Coming

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by Fool, May 4, 2018.

1. Fool

Fool ALL in ALL
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +977
    Religion:
    Exclusively no thing, inclusively everything Nuk Pu Nuk

christ doesn't come and go. christ is all and in all. colossians 3:11

2. Faithofchristian

Faithofchristian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +408
    Religion:
    Christian
    So what your saying, is that you would rather follow Barns notes on Revelation, Than follow what Christ Jesus has sat down in Revelation.

Stars in the book of Revelation are in reference to angels.
    Revelation 1:20--"The seven stars, are the angels"
    Therefore when the stars of heaven fall, which are Satan and his angels cast out of heaven. Revelation 12:7-12.

Again those stars in Revelation 6:13, are Satan and his angels being cast out of heaven. Revelation 12:7-12.

Revelation 6:12-13, pertains to Satan and his angels being cast out of heaven.
    Revelation 12:7-12.

And then Revelation 6:14-17, Pertains to Christ Jesus of his coming.

Before Christ Jesus can return, The last Prophecy of Revelation which brings about Christ Jesus return, has to happen first.
    That when this Prophecy happens, the tribulation is over.

So the Rapture will be no good. Seeing how by the time the Rapture is to happen before the tribulation, and seeing how Christ Jesus can not return until the last Prophecy of Revelation happens first, That by the time the Rapture is supposed to happen the tribulation is over.

So what good is the rapture going to do, seeing the tribulation is over.

3. Faithofchristian

Faithofchristian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +408
    Religion:
    Christian
    Well maybe you should explain that to Christ Jesus, Seeing how Christ Jesus sat down with his disciples to eat, and then vanished right before their eyes.
    Once Christ Jesus was there and then vanished.
    Seems like Christ Jesus coming and going.

4. shmogie

shmogie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +631
    Religion:
    Christian

5. shmogie

Ratings:
    +631
    Religion:
    Christian
    It has nothing to do with the nature of Christ's physical body, it has everything to do with his omnipotence, he can do whatever he chooses to do, There is no physical law that he is bound by.

6. shmogie

Ratings:
    +631
    Religion:
    Christian
    First, your idea that Christians are trying to force God's hand by starting a war is repugnant, Anyone who believes that can't be a Christian.

Second, We certainly don't know the exact time of Christ's return, but indicators are given, it's called prophecy. most, if not all have been fulfilled regarding his return.

Third, you say, properly, that no one knows the time of his return, then you promptly violate that by saying it won't be any time soon. I suggest you re read the story of the wise and foolish virgins.

Fourth, what do you mean by " two of His days" ?

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Fool

Fool ALL in ALL
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +977
    Religion:

john 21:15 jesus refers to other christs as lambs.

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

8. Etritonakin

Etritonakin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +259
    As the Word, I AM, and Melchizedek he was himself acting in different ways (Melchizedek was not a human, though perhaps may have appeared so in the same manner as angels may appear as humans). When he was Christ, it was the only time he was literally born as a human (for the purpose of experiencing that which we do in order to better serve as intercessor -among other things).

It depends what you mean by reincarnated.

9. Fool

Fool ALL in ALL
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +977
    Religion:
    exodus 3:14 implies everything and everyone. it doesn't imply exclusively some things vs other things.

understanding this is the revelation and

John 14:20
    At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

incarnate again, or anew.

to come in the flesh more than once. jesus, elisha, adam, melchizedek, are all one and the same spirit

10. Furchizedek

Furchizedek Member

Ratings:
    +26
    Religion:
    Urantian
    Alright, to be in compliance with the fine print, I will henceforth declare, unnecessarily, in my opinion, that everything I say here is my opinion or my belief. How anyone could take my BELIEFS as fact when they are in fact, beliefs, is beyond me. Isn't religion ALL about beliefs? Is there anyone here with religious beliefs that are facts? I think not. Not even the existence of God can objectively be said to be a fact. Like the turtles** it's beliefs all the way down. Sorry, what I objected to was seeing what I had said come back to me so paraphrased that it looked like I had said something else (if that's what happened, and maybe I misread it). How could I command Jesus to return on MY schedule? I just happen to think that He's not coming back here anytime soon. That's my opinion. A thousand years on earth is as one day in heaven (according to the bible). So he's been gone for two days. And I know Christians anticipate His imminent return and I think that in some Christian circles they are even trying to help the process along. I think they're going to be disappointed.

**Turtles all the way down - Wikipedia

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. paarsurrey

paarsurrey Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +1,345
    Then why say Jesus was only blood and flesh, please?
    Regards

12. Etritonakin

Etritonakin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +259
    I do believe that I AM THAT AM means that God (The Word and the Father are "one" -in agreement and inseparable -though technically two persons) is essentially everything that exists -even that we are essentially made from a part of all that is God -but separate in that he allowed us individual decision-making power, creativity, etc.

I do not believe that he was the same "person" as Adam and Elisha, however.
    Christ is called "the firstborn of many brethren". He is in authority over us under the Father, but we will be made like him in perfection of righteousness and by being given an eternal body.
    Adam was most certainly a sinner -as was Elisha, etc. -whereas Christ was without sin.
    Adam and Elisha will be among the children of God -but are not the same person as the firstborn.

13. Furchizedek

Furchizedek Member

Ratings:
    +26
    Religion:
    Urantian
    WAIT! Wait! Don't you have to state that the above is just your opinion, your belief? You can't state it as you have, as if it's a fact, from what I now understand about the rules here. Will someone please explain to me who has to abide by this rule and who doesn't?

Anyway, the above Christian doctrines of men about Jesus and Melchizedek is wrong, in my opinion.

14. outlawState

outlawState Deism is dead

Ratings:
    +79
    Religion:
    Universal Protestant
    The problem with this interpretation is that Rev 6;13 is the sixth seal. It is clearly future prophecy (things that are shortly to come to pass), and Rev 6 includes references to the Sun and the Moon which is classic Mat 24 termilogy and refers to political events. Rev 12 does not refer to the sun and the moon.

I don't believe a star is always an angel. It may be one. It may be some other luminary. It is lucifer/satan on occasions (the morning star). Genesis 37:9 shows plainly that a star may infer human potentates.

The key to understand Revelation is that sometimes it is chronological, but sometimes it goes backward in time to start from the beginning again. Revelation 12 refers to the woman and the dragon. These are events relating to Christ and the foundation of the church IMO. As Jesus made clear, Satan had already fallen from heaven in his life time. Luke 10;18. How many times can Satan fall from heaven? Once only, I think, unless Satan once fallen to earth is given renewed power and so ascends to heaven again. I need to think about that one, but I think that it is unlikely.

15. Fool

Fool ALL in ALL
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +977
    Religion:
    this isn't my opinion. it's a quote.

Psalm 110:4
    The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

otherwise, please see the IMO below

#55 Fool, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Fool

Fool ALL in ALL
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +977
    Religion:
    its the difference between outward light and inward light to see by. see?

u are the light of the world, a city set on a hill.

Revelation 21:23
    And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

christ realized

17. stvdv

stvdv Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,751
    Religion:
    Sanathana Dharma [The Eternal Religion]
    IMHO.
    There are so many denominations of Christians. I think everyone is free to believe as he/she wants. Not for me to tell who is/isn't a Christian
    And that thought did cross my mind, that some humans would love to coerce things if it helps prophecies getting fullfilled [I hope they won't!]
    I read the story of the virgins: first thought crossing my mind was "foolish without oil were the ones who masterbated [spiritual juices gone]"

18. stvdv

stvdv Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,751
    Religion:
    Just as in normal life, some get away with stuff;)

19. stvdv

stvdv Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,751
    Religion:
    You are definitely a "Wise Fool"

20. Furchizedek

Furchizedek Member

Ratings:
    +26
    Religion:
    Urantian
    Qualifier: Everything I say below is my opinion and/or my beliefs some of which I may have derived from The Urantia Book or other sources.

139:4.14 When in temporary exile on Patmos, John wrote the Book of Revelation, which you now have in greatly abridged and distorted form. This Book of Revelation contains the surviving fragments of a great revelation, large portions of which were lost, other portions of which were removed, subsequent to John’s writing. It is preserved in only fragmentary and adulterated form. -The Urantia Book